PDA

View Full Version : Official NHL 2007-2008/Trade Deadline/Playoffs Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Gondi Stylez
07-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Put all the free agent signings and comments in here!

But before that I think I have been living under a rock because I never new Nashville traded Tomas Vokoun to Florida for two picks and a conditional pick :nut: (maybe getting rid of money to sell the team?)

And Toronto got Vesa Toskala and Mark Bell from San Jose for three draft picks! Still hate TO though :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruins get Manny Fernandez

Thrashers sign Todd White

Capitals sign Tom Poti

Panthers sign Richard Zednik and Brett McLean

Ducks sign Mathieu Schneider

Flyers sign Daniel Briere to 8 year, $52 million deal

Oilers sign Dick Tarnstrom and Denis Grebeshkov

Flames sign Cory Sarich to 5 year, $18 million deal

TeamBestBud
07-01-2007, 02:21 PM
What's up with Philly? Signing KIMO TIMONEN to a 6 year 48 mill deal and signing scott harnell to a 6 year 37.2 million deal and now signing briere to an 8 year 52 million deal. why would you sign all these players for such a long time:nut: :dunno:

Phlav
07-01-2007, 02:43 PM
Damn Briere 6.5 mil/season IMO what a waste of money, that guy is so overrated, I woulda rather gone for Drury for that kinda money. Just wait until everybody is used to the new rules, that guy will suck worse than he did before the new rules. Oh well good for him I guess.

CCM Pro
07-01-2007, 02:44 PM
Red Wings get Brian Rafalski for just a little more than Schneider's getting and Rafalski is solid...I hate Detroit...also Yanic Perreault to Chicago for a 1 yr deal

SilverGS
07-01-2007, 02:53 PM
Cory Sarich for 3.6M/year?? Hmm D-men are steep thats double what he made last year, he is not exactly offensively minded and his+/- is not that great.. in Sutter we trust in Sutter we trust

md14
07-01-2007, 04:55 PM
The Edmonton Oilers have traded captain Jason Smith and forward Joffrey Lupul to the Philadelphia Flyers for Joni Pitkanen, Geoff Sanderson and a third round draft pick in 2009.

bmeier
07-01-2007, 05:01 PM
sarich is a good solid dman. we need that especially if regehr leaves. plus aucoin and phanuef are the big PP shots.
and his plus minus sucks because he played for tampa bay

A2VR6
07-01-2007, 05:54 PM
WOW... Drury AND Gomez to the Rangers... Gomez with a 51.5 mil contract for 7 years. JasonBlake to the Leafs as well...

toyboy88
07-01-2007, 06:47 PM
The Colorado Avalanche have signed D Scott Hannan to a four-year deal worth $18 million.

Wouldn't have minded him with the flames

oh yeah, best site with up to date info on signings:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=4965

:goflames: :goflames:

rvd
07-01-2007, 06:54 PM
The rags disgust me.

spyce
07-01-2007, 09:28 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212495&hubname=

looks like we'll still have to see this guy at least 8 times a year..

HyperZell
07-01-2007, 11:03 PM
Damnit, I was hoping Smyth would stay far, far away. At least Calgary didn't pick him up.

So the initial outlook is that NYR is going to be a force to contend with, while NYI is the new Edmonton next season. Edmonton is going to be the new old Edmonton (read: they'll suck). Philly will be making a big comeback while NJ will be sinking. Detroit will be as strong as ever and Colorado might return to form. St. Louis will have some more goals but still have no defense, while Buffalo will have to find more magic in their balanced system.

I'm going to love the upcoming season...

hjr
07-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Calgary's lineup seems pretty strong. i dont think they need to make too many moves outside of a goal scorer. seems strange that sutter would go for another dman. i found that the flames d was pretty decent all season (scoring the problem).

Oilers seems like they are in rebuilding season type of mode, which is pretty lame. battle of alberta is gonna suck this season.

TE4MFaint
07-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Wow, I'm definately wonderin how Gomez and Drury will do in New York.

This years hockey fantasty pool is gonna be tough.

Also, I wonder what line Sykora will play on with the Pens.

TeamBestBud
07-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by hjr
(scoring the problem).

7th in the league in Gf/g scoring problem? IMO our offense was better this season but I understand what you mean in that the scoring wasn't there when it needed to be.

Mr_John
07-02-2007, 12:15 PM
Pens: Sign Sydor and Sykora
They're gonna be a great team to watch next season.

Oilers: Sign Center Micheal Nylander.
Guess Gomez will be replacing him on the top line in NY.

Kings: Sign defenseman Tom Priessing.

Blues: Sign Paul Kariya

Nissanaddict
07-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Mr_John

Oilers: DO NOT!!!! Sign Center Micheal Nylander.

That was a TSN report before a deal was done. Nylander is now a Washington Capital.

Hamrlik is a Canadien (whoo....we rip on him pretty bad here....imagine in Montreal)

The whole breakdown there.

l8braker
07-02-2007, 03:42 PM
WOW on Hammer to MTL, Smyth to the Avs and Sydor, Sykora to the Pens.... :eek:

Team_Mclaren
07-02-2007, 04:01 PM
well, after all these signings, a few teams are royally fucked:

Islanders, Oilers, Nashville, NJ, Sabres

Hammer only signed for 4 years 12mil, man i dont know why we didnt keep him.

And Nylander to Washington, wow Ovechkin finally has someone worth playing with.

mac_82
07-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Mr_John

Oilers: Sign Center Micheal Nylander.

Washington: Nylander

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212549&hubname=

D'z Nutz
07-02-2007, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Nissanaddict
Hamrlik is a Canadien (whoo....we rip on him pretty bad here....imagine in Montreal)

I know Hammer's performance was a bit problematic (particularly him getting penalties at bad moments) and cost us some points/games towards the end of his stay here, but I still liked him. I'm gonna miss him. :goflames: :goflames:

spyce
07-02-2007, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren

And Nylander to Washington, wow Ovechkin finally has someone worth playing with.

i think it was the length of the contract.
i dont think sutter wanted to keep him around that long when he'd end up being 37 at the end of his contract

Team_Mclaren
07-02-2007, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by spyce

i think it was the length of the contract.
i dont think sutter wanted to keep him around that long when he'd end up being 37 at the end of his contract

Chris, how long should we sign you for?:D ;)

TeamBestBud
07-02-2007, 04:22 PM

Hammer signed for 4yrs 22 mill...thats what it says on the tsn site.

Robert Lang to Chicago. him and havlat...

Team_Mclaren
07-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by TeamBestBud

Hammer signed for 4yrs 22 mill...thats what it says on the tsn site.

Robert Lang to Chicago. him and havlat...

wtf, i swear it was at 12mil when i checked... ignore what i said then:banghead:

07-02-2007, 04:37 PM
haha wtf is Edmonton thinking?

Nissanaddict
07-02-2007, 04:43 PM

wtf, i swear it was at 12mil when i checked... ignore what i said then:banghead:

It was. I just saw the change myself. Check the Habs section of HFboards (if you can get on. Busy board the last 2 days obviously) and you'll see that there was a misprint, misinformation dealie going.

Nissanaddict
07-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by 5.0
haha wtf is Edmonton thinking?

They're thinking "SHIT!!!!!!!" That promotional DVD didn't help. Nobody wants to play for a 6th overall pick team who overpays people with one good performance but won't give a few hundred grand extra to a guy who's taken hometown discounts galore to a team just to keep them competitive in the pre-cap era. Sutter got Sarich and Aucoin (I think the combined salary is 7.6 million) and got rid of Hamrlik and Stuart (Hamrlik = 5.5, not sure on Stuart yet) who would demand a ton more. The Flames have the cap room. They just know that they need to resign the IMPORTANT players. While some may think the Flames will have trouble signing with Keenan here, it's an easier place to attract than if Lowe's your GM. If the Flames become a team that lazy bums don't wanna play for, I'm fine with that.

mac_82
07-02-2007, 04:53 PM
LA: Nagy + Handzus

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212558&hubname=

kongaj
07-02-2007, 04:58 PM
I just hope to god my favorite player Kristian Huselius. I think hes a good upcoming player. Keenan didnt like him in Florida... dont let that be the case with Calgary.
They had enough thought to keep Lombardi... THANK GOD!!

Hakkola
07-02-2007, 05:27 PM
Ducks signed big Bert? :eek:

Hakkola
07-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Someone else posted this in the Flames thread. Nolan signed a 1 yr deal with flames.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212564&hubname=

thuglyfe
07-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Owen Nolan to calgary 1 year contract 2mil

HybridTheory
07-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Smolinski to the Habs

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212563&hubname=nhl

l8braker
07-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by thuglyfe
Owen Nolan to calgary 1 year contract 2mil

I like that!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212564&hubname=nhl

D'z Nutz
07-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Man, there's been some really interesting trades so far!

Nissanaddict
07-02-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm fine with Nolan here as long as his base salary is low. So either we pay him 2 million which means he did good offensively, or he isn't good, but is cheap. Wicked.

anarchy
07-02-2007, 06:25 PM
I'm pretty sure Nolan's base contract is less, but up to 2 mil if he hits his incentives. I like that move, it's a low-risk deal especially for only 1 year for a guy that may be over the hill but could potentially put some points on the board while providing leadership.

I don't know about the Sarich deal though, 3.6 mil is pretty steep for him. I would rather have spent the extra dough on Hammer, even if we have to pay him til 37. Or at least spend that dough on Stuart.

mdeluxe
07-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by l8braker

I like that!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212564&hubname=nhl

thats a good catch

anarchy
07-02-2007, 06:39 PM
GREAT NEWS!!

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212567&hubname=

kongaj
07-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by anarchy
GREAT NEWS!!

Thats awesome! now lets lock up ignla and kipper!

GenerationX
07-02-2007, 07:08 PM
sweet, REGEHR!

toyboy88
07-02-2007, 07:09 PM
GREAT NEWS!!

Great to hear at 4 mil/year!!!

Plus it includes a "no movement" clause!

anarchy
07-02-2007, 07:53 PM
Now THAT is a good deal, at 4/mil per year for an olympic athlete is worth it, especially for a guy his age. Great for our blue line. Iggy is on the verge of an extension, just gotta get Kipper long term.

Now just gotta pray Keenan doesn't live up to his reputation!

SilverGS
07-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Sweet Regehr at $4/M/year is great with the rates that D-Men have been getting so far I thought for sure he was going to be over $5M especially since Hammer got $5.5 (He is not worth that much)

SikAssR1
07-02-2007, 11:26 PM
GREAT NEWS!!

Good, now he can use his money to fill in his his cul-de-sac.

HyperZell
07-03-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by toyboy88

Great to hear at 4 mil/year!!!

Plus it includes a "no movement" clause!

Isn't a no movement clause to the player's advantage? In other words, doesn't it mean that he has the final say in where he goes (minors, trades, etc?) Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I agree with anarchy on a lot of this. Sarich seems a little overpaid and Regehr getting signed is awesome. The Nolan thing is iffy; I'm glad we got him for cheap at the very least but I can see him turning into another Freisen (who I TOLD everybody was a crappy deal).

DelSoln
07-03-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by SilverGS
Sweet Regehr at $4/M/year is great with the rates that D-Men have been getting so far I thought for sure he was going to be over $5M especially since Hammer got $5.5 (He is not worth that much)

Ridiculously overpaid for Hammer. The Habs should spend that money to make sure Souray stays put.

JGerke
07-03-2007, 12:48 PM
wow, there have been a lot of big trades....drury, smyth, briere, gomez!!! Nice to see Toronto got screwed again with an over the fence player they picked up!

SuPhistiKatEd
07-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Garon to Greasers, per Edmonton Oilers.com.

Jarett Rempel
07-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Sorry i'm new here why does everyone hate Toronto? I have been shearing for them since I was born and at the best of times I hate them too. But I still love them, I would love them more if they would get a goalie and get rid of Sundin!!!

bobby_lu
07-03-2007, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by HyperZell

Isn't a no movement clause to the player's advantage? In other words, doesn't it mean that he has the final say in where he goes (minors, trades, etc?) Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, I agree with anarchy on a lot of this. Sarich seems a little overpaid and Regehr getting signed is awesome. The Nolan thing is iffy; I'm glad we got him for cheap at the very least but I can see him turning into another Freisen (who I TOLD everybody was a crappy deal).

Yeah, it is...basically guarantee and nothing done without players approval

88CRX
07-03-2007, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Jarett Rempel
Sorry i'm new here why does everyone hate Toronto? I have been shearing for them since I was born and at the best of times I hate them too. But I still love them, I would love them more if they would get a goalie and get rid of Sundin!!!

Everyone hates the Leafs cause we’re sick and tired of having to hear about them ALL THE TIME. They haven’t had a good competitive team in over a decade and haven’t won a cup since 1908 or some long ass time LOL…. yet it’s all we get to hear about on TSN or CBC. I totally understand why no free agents want to go to that no-tallent ass clown of a team haha… unless they wanted to loss or something haha.

HyperZell
07-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Everyone hates the Leafs cause we’re sick and tired of having to hear about them ALL THE TIME. They haven’t had a good competitive team in over a decade and haven’t won a cup since 1908 or some long ass time LOL…. yet it’s all we get to hear about on TSN or CBC. I totally understand why no free agents want to go to that no-tallent ass clown of a team haha… unless they wanted to loss or something haha.

Yes, and also because it just seems to be a place where players go to die. So many washups have hit TO over the past few years it's weird...and to reiterate 88CRX's point, it's because we get them shoved down our throats all of the time. I'm so sick of seeing TO every Saturday night it's not even funny.

harv91
07-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Dammit Zubrus inks with the Devils, I would have loved to have seen him as a Flame.

menace3
07-03-2007, 03:37 PM
hey anybody know where brad stuart end up? i heard he is going back to san jose.

bulaian
07-03-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by Jarett Rempel

They did get a goalie, they signed Toskala from San Jose

air_mikey
07-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by menace3
hey anybody know where brad stuart end up? i heard he is going back to san jose.

Stuart is still a free agent right now. I'm surprised no one has picked him up yet.

sputnik
07-03-2007, 04:07 PM
Crap.

I just noticed that we lost Byron Ritchie to the Canucks.

md14
07-03-2007, 06:07 PM
Stuart off to the Kings, 1 Year 3.5 Million

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212663&hubname=

SuPhistiKatEd
07-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Oilers bitch over Nylander deal...

http://tsn.ca/headlines/news_story/?ID=212659

:rofl:

Sad part....or good part for us Flames fans....is that they thought they had Nylander in the bag and never bothered going after anybody else, as per the article.

An Oiler fan/radiocaster here in Canmore is already saying the Greasers will not make the playoffs.

And Greasers re-sign Torres to a 3yr deal.

spyce
07-04-2007, 08:22 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212707&hubname=

and the Iginla extension is official :D

88CRX
07-04-2007, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by md14
Stuart off to the Kings, 1 Year 3.5 Million

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212663&hubname=

Shitty we didn't give him that same offer... or maybe he didn't want to stay :dunno:

alloroc
07-04-2007, 08:56 AM

Shitty we didn't give him that same offer... or maybe he didn't want to stay :dunno:

Word on the Radio this morning is he wanted to go to a California Team. Maybe he surfs?

JGerke
07-04-2007, 09:35 AM
man, I wouldn't be suprised if the oilers didnt sign enough players to field a team!!!

Reason I hate on Toronto is cuz I get to hear about how amazing the leafs are and how bad every other team is even when the leafs dont amke the playoffs....Toronto fans always have some excuse when they lose and then turn on their players randomly...plus, players are stars when they get to Toronto and nobody's by the time they leave.....

Kinda sad we're not getting a Hamilton team now though!

accordboi_02
07-04-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by SuPhistiKatEd
Oilers bitch over Nylander deal...

http://tsn.ca/headlines/news_story/?ID=212659

Sad part....or good part for us Flames fans....is that they thought they had Nylander in the bag and never bothered going after anybody else, as per the article.

An Oiler fan/radiocaster here in Canmore is already saying the Greasers will not make the playoffs.

And Greasers re-sign Torres to a 3yr deal.
Oilers are now officially the worst-run franchise in the NHL.
Wirtz and the Blackhawks have nothing on the team to the north of us.

K-Lown, Cal Nichols & the rest of the EIG are running that team into the ground. Will that franchise even be able to survive now that they are relying on AHL players to play in the big leagues??

I hear Houston is looking for a team... Houston Oilers... sounds right for some reason... :rofl:

accordboi_02
07-04-2007, 09:45 AM

The Flames offered more money and more years than that and he turned them down.
He wanted to go to LA to keep his wife happy.
Apparently he turned down a $5+ million/year deal from another team in the NHL as well.

Best of luck to Stuart, good on him for choosing his family over money.

Si_FlyGuy
07-04-2007, 09:55 AM
What a dumb wife. :nut:

D'z Nutz
07-04-2007, 10:08 AM
Atleast he didn't knock up a local female newscaster :nut: :dunno: :rofl:

SilverGS
07-04-2007, 12:31 PM
Stuart really wanted back on the west coast for his family. Anyone know what the Flames offered him? I figured he would get $5M+ so LA got a deal at $3.5 for one year anyways.

Yes everyone hates the Leafs and a percentage of their fans because all we hear is how Toronto is so great and that they are the "centre of the hockey universe" all the time.

Nissanaddict
07-04-2007, 06:32 PM
Stuart did want to go to Cali. Remember guys, this isn't EA or 2kSports NHL, where if you throw enough money at anybody, they'll come over.

Supa Dexta
07-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Atleast you guys don't have to listen to all the locals bitch about nylander... good god, what a bunch of babies up here.. haha :rolleyes:

sputnik
07-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Good to hear the Iggy contract extension is now official.

SuPhistiKatEd
07-04-2007, 10:29 PM
JR calls it quits after 18 years in the NHL

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=212745&hubname=

Betcha NBC picks him up.

HybridTheory
07-04-2007, 10:47 PM

Originally posted by HyperZell
Yes, and also because it just seems to be a place where players go to die. So many washups have hit TO over the past few years it's weird...and to reiterate 88CRX's point, it's because we get them shoved down our throats all of the time. I'm so sick of seeing TO every Saturday night it's not even funny.

:werd: You guys are right on target. It just annoys me so much that I'll be watching a Flames game on TSN or CBC and somehow the commentary will shift to something about the Leafs. And hell yes I'm sick of seeing TO every Saturday night on HNIC. There were maybe a few times that it wasn't a leafs game on first.

HybridTheory
07-04-2007, 10:47 PM
And yup I bet JR will go to NBC.

D'z Nutz
07-04-2007, 11:18 PM
Farewell, JR!

VJ2Vhvf-PxE

_Mes053P3TU

gpomp
07-04-2007, 11:21 PM
i watched a couple games on NBC and i think JR is a pretty good commentator. sure beats the hell out of cassie campbell

GenerationX
07-04-2007, 11:26 PM
bye bye JR.

forced_eg
07-04-2007, 11:36 PM
jr is awesome, my favorite to watch on off the record

HyperZell
07-05-2007, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by gpomp
i watched a couple games on NBC and i think JR is a pretty good commentator. sure beats the hell out of cassie campbell

So sad, but so true.

And yes, dancing JR for the win!

DepTrotter
07-05-2007, 08:43 AM
those dancing videos were hilarious - its too bad the flames didnt get JR a year or so back when he was a free agent

GenerationX
07-05-2007, 10:53 AM
flames sign anders eriksson for 2 years.
yay?

spyce
07-05-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by GenerationX
flames sign anders eriksson for 2 years.
yay?

depth move to shore up the d
we dont really have anyone from the minors that are ready to play for us if we have a d injury spree

Supa Dexta
07-05-2007, 11:07 AM
sens: havlat, Bryan Smolinski to blackhawks

Havlat quickly agreed to a three-year contract worth $18 million US with Chicago following the trade.

any word on whos going to be coaching the sens and new jersey?

Si_FlyGuy
07-05-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

Havlat quickly agreed to a three-year contract worth $18 million US with Chicago following the trade.

wtfbbq?:nut:

TeamBestBud
07-05-2007, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

Mad WTFBBQ up in this post

Supa Dexta
07-05-2007, 11:31 AM
haha N/M, that was from 06.. haha.. I was searching around for whos going to be coaching.. and seen july on it.. my badddd...

Mr_John
07-05-2007, 11:54 AM
So why didnt Nylander sign with Edmonton?

"In a sombre voice, he (Nylander) told me 'I just couldn't do it.' It was like his wife freaked out like she was being shipped to Siberia or something."

The GM was loose-lipped about the deal offered to the ex-Ranger, and the fact the one he offered was worth $2.5 million more than what the Capitals offered.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/article.jsp?content=20070705_130438_4996

The bottom of the article is probably the best part.

JGerke
07-05-2007, 12:00 PM
THink i'd rather go to siberia....why are the oilers sucking at life so bad???? You would think they could get a couple decent free agents or something. How close are they to the salary cap??? I figure they're still wayyy under.

Orbie
07-05-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by JGerke
THink i'd rather go to siberia....why are the oilers sucking at life so bad???? You would think they could get a couple decent free agents or something. How close are they to the salary cap??? I figure they're still wayyy under.

No joke, at first I thought it was hilarious I mean this is a major blemish on Edmonton and as a Calgarian I love to see them suffer. But it's to a point where it's kind of ridiculous. Now between laughs I just feel sorry for the city and it's hockey fans. Just when you think it can't get any worse, some other news comes out that just kicks them in the balls. They must have a huge surplus of money that they can spend on some star players, you think eventually at least greed would win out on somebody!

DepTrotter
07-05-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm pretty sad about this situation as well, im an oilers fan, but its kind of hard watching them try to rebuild to what they were 2 years ago when they arent even able to get Nylander?..

Who is the star player on their team right now?

Horcoff Raffi or Dvorak (or has he already jumped ship?)

TeamBestBud
07-05-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter

Prong....oh wait

JGerke
07-05-2007, 01:12 PM
city of champions?

sputnik
07-05-2007, 01:28 PM
I'm pretty sad about this situation as well, im an oilers fan, but its kind of hard watching them try to rebuild to what they were 2 years ago when they arent even able to get Nylander?..

Dvorak is long gone. Got picked up by the Blues.

DepTrotter
07-05-2007, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

Dvorak is long gone. Got picked up by the Blues.

OH i figured he was gone

i dont even wanna look at their roster :cry:

Orbie
07-05-2007, 02:33 PM

OH i figured he was gone

i dont even wanna look at their roster :cry:

I think a lot of people would say Hemsky as well, he's got skill just doesn't finish very often. Reminds of Tanguay in a way as he's always looking to pass.

The Oil do have some decent younger talent coming up like Schremp.

JGerke
07-05-2007, 03:23 PM
I think the oilers are following a great strategy...its called if your not first, you might as well be last! This way, even though they wont have a full roster, they will get great draft picks!

air_mikey
07-05-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by JGerke
I think the oilers are following a great strategy...its called if your not first, you might as well be last! This way, even though they wont have a full roster, they will get great draft picks!

I dont think that its a strategy... lol

:goflames:

Super_Geo
07-05-2007, 04:02 PM
I will be watching as many EDM vs COL games as I can next year :D I hope Smyth lights it up at the ol' Rexall!