PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Question

DRKM
07-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Hi,

I was wondering f anyone has purchased something large from ebay like a Toolbox, washer/dryer, ect.

I would like to purchase a toolbox, but I am unsure about the shipping. How much do you imagine it could be from Onterio to here?

Thanks
Derek

DepTrotter
07-03-2007, 08:00 AM
in the auction it will normally say how much shipping is, if not reqest this info from the seller, but for a washer and dryer you are better off buying locally new or used from the bargain finder or craiglist or kijiji

topmade
07-03-2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah if it doesn't state it in the auction, forward the seller your address and ask for an exact shipping quote. If you just ask how much for shipping to Calgary, they usually will give you a ballpark amount that might change when you actually win the item. It shouldn't be too bad because it's within Canada, I wouldn't even think about it if that was in the States. But like what DepTrotter said try to look for it locally and check out some of the local auctions like Reid's Auctions. The last time I was there they had some sweet toolboxes that were like $5k new that sold for a fraction of that.