PDA

View Full Version : The Gallery Of Fine Cars... Worst Experience Ever...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Akira911
07-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Just a note for those looking to purchase a used vehical. Last Wednesday I decided to start looking for a new (used) car. I searched the papers, Auto traders the usual spots. I found a place called Auto Gallery (galleryauto.ca). Seemed very promising so I called when I spotted an Audi that I liked. I was at work but told the sales guy I would be in first thing in the morning to look at it. It was sold before I got there (not really a big deal) While I was looking at other possibilities I found a nice Jetta, so I went ahead and did up the paper work (subject to financing) WITH a $500 dollar deposit. Well low and behold I wait all long weekend after he tells me late Saturday night I recieved the financing and I told him I would be in right away to pick up my shiny new fancy Jetta Tuesday morning (today). Low and behold I rush there this morning after not sleeping like a school boy on December 24 only to find out that he actually had sold it after he took my deposit on Saturday but still had me come down so he could try and sell me another car. There is a reason that used car salesmen get a bad reputation, and that rep is lead and paved by the fine upstanding lie spewing, no moral and non ethical people at The Auto Gallery of Fine Cars. It is a shame as they give off a somewhat high level of professionalism, knowledge base and product and they talk a good game, to bad they cant deliver on it. So if you do decide to check it out, be sure to bring your own KY.

bobby_lu
07-03-2007, 01:42 PM
Can't blame them really, just go in with the money when youre ready. I don't really see a point of putting a deposit on it anyways...lol since it didnt do anything.

Also, isnt that the same people as Hot Wheels used to be?

ringmaster
07-03-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Akira911
The Gallery Of Fine Cars... Worst Experience Ever...

enough said. :thumbsdow

DepTrotter
07-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
Can't blame them really, just go in with the money when youre ready. I don't really see a point of putting a deposit on it anyways...lol since it didnt do anything.

Also, isnt that the same people as Hot Wheels used to be?

yep same as hot wheels, search that up on beyond and you won't be back, its pretty bad when you have to change your name and management to shake the stigma of a shady dealership and yet it still stays

go team

QuasarCav
07-03-2007, 01:55 PM
Where are they located now? It looks like the location on 19th closed down around a month ago.

turbotrip
07-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Akira911
So if you do decide to check it out, be sure to bring your own KY.

:rofl: :rofl:

Justing
07-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter

yep same as hot wheels, search that up on beyond and you won't be back, its pretty bad when you have to change your name and management to shake the stigma of a shady dealership and yet it still stays

go team

:rofl: no kidding. its pretty pathetic.
countdown to the collapse of gallery of fine cars....

Isaiah
07-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
Can't blame them really, just go in with the money when youre ready. I don't really see a point of putting a deposit on it anyways...
You can't blame them for selling a car which was pre-sold to someone else? The whole point of the deposit is to hold the car until you are able to pick it up.

teammenace
07-03-2007, 02:28 PM
Yeah dude they fix crashed cars with high mileage that they fix in house, throw rims on, to hide the crap they spew, sorry man its true, the only reason people buy from then is because you can drive off with a new (used car) with a nice look not checking the background or history of the car, also I find that in calgary most people rather buy someone else imagination, than take the time to personalize a car for themselves.

MandyB
07-03-2007, 02:44 PM
These guys are a friggen JOKE!

Justing
07-03-2007, 02:48 PM
actually... if you think about it, you should be VERY happy that they sold the car to someone else. More then likely the car was a salvage, peiced back together, kms rolled back and can be found broken down and on fire not 2 blocks away from their "gallery"

call them and thank them, they did you a gigantic favour:thumbsup:

LuxCars
07-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

You can't blame them for selling a car which was pre-sold to someone else? The whole point of the deposit is to hold the car until you are able to pick it up.

Not in their case, you can either put a non-refundable deposit down and then they will hold the car for you. OR you can put down a refundable deposit in which the car will have a conditionally sold title but still be available for others to view or purchase. (which is pointless)

silver_gs-R
07-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by ringmaster

enough said. :thumbsdow

agreed 100%.

2EFNFAST
07-04-2007, 12:58 AM
WTF are these guys smoking

http://galleryauto.ca/inventory_view.php?id=336

15k for an eagle talon with 160k kms. That's a steal right there! :nut:

ZorroAMG
07-04-2007, 01:37 AM
LMAO @ previously sold items:

1995 C280 AMG - WTF?

1997 E320 AMG - WTFx2

Why not just badgeneer them all instead of just 2?

Killa_Kam
07-04-2007, 01:59 AM
:bigpimp: Wow! Gallery of Fine Cars............ the most pathetic so called dealership in calgary. There smart in a way if you think about it. They find a way to take shit kicked over priced cars add on some cheap kits, rims and altezza lights, and flip them to some people who have no clue what there spending there money on. I personally wouldnt spend a penny with there goofy ass salesmen.:thumbsdow

....and isnt half there shit bought from toronto then shipped here and rusted to shit.
:guns:

dee24
07-04-2007, 12:06 PM
hahahaha u guys make me laugh ur crying cuz ur car got sold on you
well first of all u should be aware of that since its refundable
which means anyone else can purchase it second i have bought
a car from there and its still PERFECT riding like a dream and
i dont know what your smokin but im happy with my purchase

ringmaster
07-04-2007, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by dee24

huh?
do you know what punctuation is?

JRSC00LUDE
07-04-2007, 12:18 PM

Well obviously since you had a good experience there it's absolutely impossible for anyone else to have had a bad one. :rolleyes:

Moron.

toomuchb00st
07-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by teammenace
Yeah dude they fix crashed cars with high mileage that they fix in house, throw rims on, to hide the crap they spew, sorry man its true, the only reason people buy from then is because you can drive off with a new (used car) with a nice look not checking the background or history of the car, also I find that in calgary most people rather buy someone else imagination, than take the time to personalize a car for themselves.

Good observation. You must sit and watch them do it or something. I have never bought a car from them but I personally know the owner and have visitied the dealership many times while cars were coming in and leaving at different time intervals. Never have I seen a write off come in and get "fixed." The other thing you need to realize is the best way to make money at a used car dealership is to import your cars from out of the province. Anyway you get the point.

RUQUIKR
07-04-2007, 12:20 PM

You obviously no nothing about what your talking about. It is not a refundable deposit. If the financing goes thru and the customer refuses delivery they have 100% right to hold the deposit. I assume you don't have a AMVIC license, so don't talk about things you know nothing about.

LuxCars
07-04-2007, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by RUQUIKR

You obviously no nothing about what your talking about. It is not a refundable deposit. If the financing goes thru and the customer refuses delivery they have 100% right to hold the deposit. I assume you don't have a AMVIC license, so don't talk about things you know nothing about.

Dude you clearly do not know what your talking about. Like i said earlier, with this company you have 2 choices. REFUNDABLE deposit or NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. If you want a refundable deposit the car can still be sold. If you chose the later, the car is considered sold and they wait for you to bring in the rest of the money.

so how about's you not talk about things you know nothing about.

Jlude
07-04-2007, 12:36 PM

Just looked through their website... noticed the smashed up car in the background of the second pic of this prelude...

http://galleryauto.ca/inventory_view.php?id=278#

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this thread and then noticed the picture... wonder how much that car will be going for in a months time once it gets some "TLC"...

* In regards to the OP, I'd be pretty mad if that happened to me, but like most guys said... maybe you were lucky.

BrknFngrs
07-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Sooo....What the hell is the point of the refundable deposit? Save you having to carry the money in your wallet and weigh you down? A 0% interest investment? :banghead:

spec c
07-04-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
Sooo....What the hell is the point of the refundable deposit? Save you having to carry the money in your wallet and weigh you down? A 0% interest investment? :banghead:

LOL, you beat me to it.

RUQUIKR
07-04-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by LuxCars

Dude you clearly do not know what your talking about. Like i said earlier, with this company you have 2 choices. REFUNDABLE deposit or NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. If you want a refundable deposit the car can still be sold. If you chose the later, the car is considered sold and they wait for you to bring in the rest of the money.

so how about's you not talk about things you know nothing about.

Read the bill of sale, it states on the rear that deposits are only refundable if mutually agreed upon. I can't think of any dealers that offer refundable deposits, not saying it doesn't exist but it would be totally pointless. In all honesty a refundable deposit is 100% usless it means nothing. Also nowhere in the origianal post does he mention REFUNDABLE, so if it was a non-refundable dep they are in the wrong and that was the point I was trying to make.

LuxCars
07-04-2007, 02:04 PM
^^^

but thats the point, the OP must have not made a non-refundable deposit, therefore the car is still allowed to be sold if money comes faster. Had he mad a deposit and chose to make it non-refundable, they would not be allowed to sell the car. And thats just the thing, they have the refundable option but its pointless, it does absolutely nothing to anyone.

Why dont we let the op settle this and let him tell us whether the deposit was refundable or non-refundable.

Akira911
07-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Thanks to everyone for your input, thoughts and advice. I did get refunded my initial deposit, but I have never heard of anything so useless as a refundable deposit that did not actually do anything but set me back $500 bones for the long weekend. I work for a large and reputable new home builder in Calgary and 90% of our Agreements are written conditional to financing with $500 dollars down and 7 business days to execuate and get your mortgage in place. We have what is called the first right of refusal so if someone else comes in and wants to purchase that lot we have to phone the current purchasers and give them time to go ahead or give up the lot. If they cant get their financing, then we refund their money. I just found it pretty shady that he sold the car then phoned me later and told me I was approved (knowing full well he sold it already) just to try and get me back to sell me another car. All in all it was a learning experience and from most of the comments in this post it is a blessing in disquise.

elph925
07-09-2007, 11:57 PM
yowza

analbumcover
06-19-2008, 04:40 PM
whoops, i bumped this by mistake

Canmorite
06-19-2008, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by analbumcover

:rofl:

I'm going to file a class action lawsuit against Beyond.ca for being so entertaining while stealing all my free time.

7thgenvic
06-19-2008, 05:30 PM
what was this company called before. I was trying to find my old thread and bump it! The owners are COMPLETE CLOWNS

nbaker00
06-19-2008, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 7thgenvic
what was this company called before. I was trying to find my old thread and bump it! The owners are COMPLETE CLOWNS
Hot Wheels

Sran69
06-19-2008, 05:37 PM
i agree.. gallery isnt tha greatest place to buy a car
ive bought 2 carz frum them an both of them messed up
i would never recoment going there for any cars
they jus add cheap aftermarket partz to void warrenty an once car is messed up they wont do n e thing about it
i think itz tha most shittiest place to buy a car

7thgenvic
06-19-2008, 05:37 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/103718/dealing-with-hotwheels-venting-thread/

this was from about 3 years ago! SAME COMMENTS> SAME OWNERS.

rmk
06-19-2008, 05:41 PM
Gallery of Fine Cars stirred up a hornets nest.

:rofl:

luxor
06-19-2008, 06:52 PM
I know many people who have had a really bad experience from that dealership (Gallery of Fine cars FKA Hotwheels). In some instances people have told me they do pretty shady business practices such as having their own mechanics (shady as well) to sign off out of province inspections without even taking a look at the car! I heard this from a friend of a friend of mine who talked with a former employee of theirs. Uh OH sue me?

:drama:

Moe Man
06-19-2008, 10:22 PM
did you listen to your instructor in the AMVIC class. he says many times you dont have to give back a deposit.

its dumb to take a deposit anyway. try telling the person that we dont take deposits because all that does is stop me from selling it to someone else. haha they go crazy and get the money right away.

:thumbsup:

CMW403
06-20-2008, 12:03 AM

haha heres joe-blow from the good old Gallery

Eleanor
06-20-2008, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by analbumcover

Nav13
06-20-2008, 07:53 AM
they ask for a 500 deposit if you are looking for financing. the reason they do this is people will come and ask them to get financing. when they get approved they dont bother buying the car. some people will do it just to check their credit. So i dont see any problem with them asking for a 500 deposit if you want them to get you financing on the car.

G-ZUS
06-20-2008, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by Sran69
i agree.. gallery isnt tha greatest place to buy a car
ive bought 2 carz frum them an both of them messed up
i would never recoment going there for any cars
they jus add cheap aftermarket partz to void warrenty an once car is messed up they wont do n e thing about it
i think itz tha most shittiest place to buy a car

so if u bought one and it was messed up why the fuck would u go back and buy another one?

Kloubek
06-20-2008, 08:12 AM
His inability to post in English should give you your first clue...

Originally posted by G-ZUS

so if u bought one and it was messed up why the fuck would u go back and buy another one?

TK91GT
06-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Hilarious, this is the second listing that comes up when you google "Gallery of fine cars Calgary"

crhummer
06-20-2008, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

Just looked through their website... noticed the smashed up car in the background of the second pic of this prelude...

http://galleryauto.ca/inventory_view.php?id=278#

I couldn't stop laughing when I read this thread and then noticed the picture... wonder how much that car will be going for in a months time once it gets some "TLC"...

* In regards to the OP, I'd be pretty mad if that happened to me, but like most guys said... maybe you were lucky.

I was reading this thread and realized one thing... stfu to the guy saying," I never see any written off vehicles or damaged cars, blah blah". We are happy you know the owner and we all know what that means. I'm sure every used car dealership buys shit cars and fixes them up. All about greed and money man.

Yah i couldn't stop laughing either, what a Fkn joke!

To all who buy or plan on buying a vehicle it's called VIN!! Look it up do some research into the vehicle you are buying!

Justing
06-20-2008, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Justing

:rofl: no kidding. its pretty pathetic.
countdown to the collapse of gallery of fine cars....

o snap i called it almost a year ago, which is a lot longer than i thought they would last... so uh congrats.

who wants to take bets as to what there next name will be?

Eleanor
06-20-2008, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by TK91GT
Hilarious, this is the second listing that comes up when you google "Gallery of fine cars Calgary"

Google takes into account your history, putting it up higher on your list IIRC. I could be way off base with this one, but I'm pretty sure I read it somewhere.

teg_boya
06-20-2008, 01:56 PM
i delete all private data whenever i close my browser and when i opened it and looked up gallary of fine cars beyond was number 3,4,5

Sran69
06-22-2008, 02:37 AM
i duno . .... they gave me a good deal on tha second one haha thatz tha only reason

demosticgarbage
06-22-2008, 02:16 PM
Wow I a came across this thread then remembered what my father in law went through, I am glad people here are expressing themselves after their experiences with The Gallery of "Fine" Cars

The Gallery of "Fine" Cars is a lone star Mercedes, RoadSport Auto and a a car auction in one. My father in law visited there last summer and he wanted a car from there, he did a car fax and turned out to be from the states with a salvage title.

They had it coming to them, the owner of beyond should continue to be defiant and not give in to these idiots with no business skills. The Gallery of Fraud Cars have adapted a Mafia type business operation and its just a matter of time before the RCMP will shut them.

frozenrice
06-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Interesting that he posted 9 times in the other thread trying to argue his way out of a losing battle and not once did he come here to this thread to smooth things over.

That's what you call a class act. :thumbsdow

demosticgarbage
06-24-2008, 01:42 PM
their new logo i found.

http://img379.imageshack.us/img379/8790/hahakl2.th.jpg (http://img379.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hahakl2.jpg)

Stunt66
06-24-2008, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Sran69
i duno . .... they gave me a good deal on tha second one haha thatz tha only reason

Do you really think getting a good deal on a POS car is still a good deal? I've got some dog shit thats local that i could get you a really good deal on if your intrested?

autospeed
06-25-2008, 02:03 PM
Man are these guys ever huge tools. This actually reminded me of a story from a few years back. ( I haven't posted in a while but this definitely deserves my two cents)

Here's a rant that'll be hard to foget...

Forget their sales tactics (which are horrible) I'd love to punch one of their mechanics/body men in the face.

One of my regular customers had a 94 e36 coupe from them, it's bright orange has the is300 tail lights molded into the back and a body kit.

So he cracked his fibreglass bumper entering his driveway and brought it in for me to fix. I put the car up on the hoist and my jaw dropped, I can't imagine the type of idiot responsible for the install on this car but it was F#**ing terrible. From the view looking up from behind the bumper, with the car up in the air I saw what was left of the original plastic/rubber bumper cut up to hell with drywall screws sticking through it. These idiots put drywall screws thru the body kit into the cut up original bumper and bondo'd over top the screw heads.

The rear quarters were beginning rust along with his trunk from the half assed job done there too. Not to mention all the cracks from just straight bondo being thrown on without proper fibreglassing, let alone metal work.

Unbelievable... I'm a body man and have owned vehicle's with rebuilt titles in the past, and have a project in the works now that will have a rebuilt title once I'm done. I've even repaired a few for my customers. Its shit like this that gives our industry a slap in the face, even though there's shops out there that do high quality work and can bring back mildly damaged written off vehicles to just as new specs...

From what I know this was around when they first switched from hot wheels to gallery because when I saw that stupid logo on the trunk I didn't really know who they were.

End rant...:banghead: :banghead:

romeo.el.cobra
06-26-2008, 05:27 PM
Its funny how many crazy stories there are about us on beyond.ca......just to explain a few of them...again...the smashed vehicle in the picture happens to be a customer vehicle...any of you who really know us happen to know we do insurance work for our clients at a very reasonable rate and we also work with many big insurance firms and fix outside work....again another story, but I guess this is all entertaining everyone. Second of all we dont buy any vehicles from the States so I really dont know where these salvage US vehicle stories are coming from??? Third we take 2 different deposits....very simple...non refundable is the car is yours and a sold sign is put on....you have 7 days from the date on the bill of sale to pick it up otherwise your deposit is forfeited (after a letter and many phone calls are made) the other is refundable which is if your financing we need to insure you are not waisting our time by credit checking, getting an approval and then going somewhere else. This also holds the price we agree upon on the vehicle. I really dont know what the deal is.....very simple and clearly explained........

the gallery
06-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Its funny how many crazy stories there are about us on beyond.ca......just to explain a few of them...again...the smashed vehicle in the picture happens to be a customer vehicle...any of you who really know us happen to know we do insurance work for our clients at a very reasonable rate and we also work with many big insurance firms and fix outside work....again another story, but I guess this is all entertaining everyone. Second of all we dont buy any vehicles from the States so I really dont know where these salvage US vehicle stories are coming from??? Third we take 2 different deposits....very simple...non refundable is the car is yours and a sold sign is put on....you have 7 days from the date on the bill of sale to pick it up otherwise your deposit is forfeited (after a letter and many phone calls are made) the other is refundable which is if your financing we need to insure you are not waisting our time by credit checking, getting an approval and then going somewhere else. This also holds the price we agree upon on the vehicle. I really dont know what the deal is.....very simple and clearly explained........

I meant to post this from The Gallery

403Gemini
06-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by the gallery

I meant to post this from The Gallery

Originally posted by romeo.el.cobra

Sweet, now if we need to ban an account we know we can Ban 2 :D

edit: :rofl: wait wait wait... did you say you do insurance work? for who, im curious.

the gallery
06-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Sweet, now if we need to ban an account we know we can Ban 2 :D

edit: :rofl: wait wait wait... did you say you do insurance work? for who, im curious.

I dont know why you would ban an account...but anyways out of that whole post why is it that the only comments that ever come back are negitive.

rmk
06-26-2008, 05:56 PM

I dont know why you would ban an account...but anyways out of that whole post why is it that the only comments that ever come back are negitive.

:rofl: Fuck, this guy has no clue.

403Gemini
06-26-2008, 05:58 PM

Re: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/223412/legal-files-gallery-of-fine-cars-threatens-to-sue-beyond-ca/

... Shit for brains.

the gallery
06-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Re: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/223412/legal-files-gallery-of-fine-cars-threatens-to-sue-beyond-ca/

... Shit for brains.

Another intelligent response from a beyonder...

schocker
06-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Perhaps the gallery could use some class and take some action on this matter before it gets even worse :rofl:

the gallery
06-26-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Perhaps the gallery could use some class and take some action on this matter before it gets even worse :rofl:

I dont know what else you would like us to do....we justify the fairytales and tmz like gossip and you come back with comments on spelling errors and we should be banned....I think we have been pretty classy about this whole situation....we (again) dont mind personal opinion on a public forum but we also do not like the fact there are many irresponsible members on beyond who like to attack companies with a very biased opinion. We only contacted beyond in private (so we thought) to have them moderate there forum a little better....and if not then yes we will pursue other avenues legally against them and the beyonders who claim we have stolen and salvage vehicles.....

403Gemini
06-26-2008, 06:45 PM

Another intelligent response from a beyonder...

Says Captain Grammar. Learn to type coherent ads on your webpage and people might (thats an awfully big "MIGHT" I'll add) take you seriously.

I think this quote should be brought to this thread:

Goblin.....
I agree...our salesmen do make mistakes or sometimes lie if they dont fully know the answer....

Maybe that's another big reason people don't like you. Your shady business tactics will catch up with you. I dare you to take anybody to court on this forum, you've substantially made an ass of yourself in the other thread and kept digging yourself a hole, i'm pretty sure any implications or "myths" can be pretty much backed up with YOUR quotes.

1-Bar
06-26-2008, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by romeo.el.cobra

........I meant to post this from The Gallery

Holy sh!t, 2+2=4

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/221122/240sx-i-just-got-it-and-i-need-approvals/

all makes sense now.....

403Gemini
06-26-2008, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

Holy sh!t, 2+2=4

all makes sense now.....

lol does it ever

Profile For romeo.el.cobra
Date Registered: 06-17-2007
Homepage: http://www.carsponsorships.com
Biography: gangster
Interests: my gang

arian_ma
06-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Maybe they should wear a suit and look proper in front of the law as well.

Too far?
:nut:

1-Bar
06-26-2008, 07:07 PM
hahaha I missed that one.....(403's post)

GenerationX
06-26-2008, 07:18 PM
HAH Gallery..my buddy got ripped off from them LOL:eek:

cam_wmh
06-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Wow!
Is that Justin Klee guy behind both Profiles?
(the gallery & romeo.el.cobra)
or is it the other owner?

Toms-SC
06-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by 1-Bar

Holy sh!t, 2+2=4

all makes sense now.....

Flawless victory

rmk
06-27-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by cam_wmh
Wow!
Is that Justin Klee guy behind both Profiles?
(the gallery & romeo.el.cobra)
or is it the other owner?

nail in coffin.

7thgenvic
06-28-2008, 08:35 PM
this thread cheered me up! fucking tards

Centerline
06-30-2008, 02:29 AM
This thread has gotten quite a few chuckles out of me.

Eleanor
06-30-2008, 07:37 AM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=2466566#post2466566

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=211800

Kennyredline
06-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Justing
actually... if you think about it, you should be VERY happy that they sold the car to someone else. More then likely the car was a salvage, peiced back together, kms rolled back and can be found broken down and on fire not 2 blocks away from their "gallery"

call them and thank them, they did you a gigantic favour:thumbsup:

Good point, it may very well have been a giant piece. They should not have sold it under your nose, but if that's the way they do business, imagine what it would be like if something went wrong with it right away, if you had bought it.

Moses66
07-05-2008, 05:49 PM
They used to have a way overpriced GTR on their site and for the longest time I would see it all over town being driven hard. Maybe they sold it and didnt take the ad down but this douche was flying all over and nearly caused an accident right in front of me in the foothills industrial area.

Like I said maybe they sold it, but from the few times I've been to their shop I wouldnt doubt that they are joy riding their own cars.

JBreaks
07-22-2008, 01:11 PM
if you put a deposit on the car, your entitled to the sale of said.... only costs 200 bucks to file a suit against him fyi

Commanderwiggin
07-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Lol saw a sick BMW M3 on the deerfoot yesterday!!! Low and behold it had a gallery of fine auto sticker on it.

Not only that it had a really sick looking paint job (orange)...sick looking spoiler (flopping around in the wind)...and sick looking side skirts (duck tapped onto the body). Only wish I had one just like it :rolleyes:

islander1102
02-10-2013, 12:22 AM
I went into this place looking at a Volkswagen Touareg, which seemed like a good price. The first time I went in, I asked to take it for a drive, but they said it was too much trouble to get it out of the showroom, and to make an appointment. I went back a few weeks later, as I was in the area, and was hoping I would be able to get it out and take it for a ride. I was told it was away for inspection, and it would be back in a few days. I called about three days later to find out if it was back. They said yes, and the inspection went well, so I booked an appointment to drive it the next day at 11:00 AM (I made this call at around 3:00 PM). They asked if I could come in at noon, rather than eleven, as they had several test drives booked that day. I found this a little odd - I am trying to buy a car from them, but for whatever reason, they couldn't find the time to get the car ready an hour earlier? I said sure, twelve is fine. They had my name, number, and a time for a test drive. I will say once again that I made this call around 3 PM on a Friday. I went in on Saturday, exactly at noon. It took several minutes for anyone to notice I was even there. When someone finally asked if I needed help, I said I was here for my 12:00 test drive. The guy replied - "Oh, we sold that car yesterday. Sorry about that.". What a joke. Really good of them to call me and let me know before I drove all the way out to their lousy showroom. Terrible experience. I will happily give my money to anyone but these guys in the near future.

speedog
02-10-2013, 08:46 AM
Kewl, a 4.5+ year bump.

Mibz
02-10-2013, 10:12 AM
Better than a new thread.

speedog
02-10-2013, 10:21 AM
I suppose and only if relevant.

GT4rally
02-10-2013, 07:21 PM
I really don't understand how these grease balls stay in business... Gallery is the very reason used car dealers are so universally loathed!

^^ also don't understand why people get so sour about bumping old threads!? If the info is on topic, and can help someone out, why does it matter when it was posted?

superlative
02-13-2013, 11:37 AM
It's because many people fail the internet.

If you google them, they changed their web title to "Best Experience Ever!!!!"

16hypen3sp
12-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Wow... I wish I was part of Beyond before I bought my old RSX from there. (2008)

Since I stumbled upon this old thread I guess I could chime in.

I bought an '03 RSX-S from these guys in early '08. Outside looked great. Engine bay looked fine, interior was ok but had a few flaws.

Yes, I lowballed the hell out of them with cash in hand. Glad I did. I viewed a clean carfax and drove it away that morning after a test drive. My experience with them was alright. Not really anything to complain about.

The car itself was good... for a while. Mechanically, the car was great for my entire ownership of it. Always started fine and ran well.

Cosmetically, it started deteriorating quickly. After a year, I noticed a hairline "crack" in the roof. This crack grew and grew until it was very noticeable (filler). When it came time for service, I took it to my local Acura dealership and they noticed minor flaws in the chassis, as well as more filler on the inside bumper and headlight housings.

I can't say for sure, but it exhibited a lot of signs that it had been in an accident. Most of my friends came to the same conclusion. Something bad had happened to this car.

Anyways, I got rid of this car after a while to a guy that was going to fix it all up.

That's the first and last time a ever deal with them.

It wouldn't surprise me if they sold the odd crashed car that they rebuilt the cheapest way possible.

Canucks3322
12-28-2013, 05:02 PM
So do the owners still have bleached blond hair and take selfies all day in their new outfits from the Underground and before the bar?

BokCh0y
12-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Sad to see GoFC still around...sad news.

luxor
12-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
So do the owners still have bleached blond hair and take selfies all day in their new outfits from the Underground and before the bar?

LOL I know what you mean there

msommers
12-28-2013, 07:34 PM
The carfax should have said if it was in an accident or not, shouldn't it? Did you get a pre-purchase inspection?

btimbit
12-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by msommers
The carfax should have said if it was in an accident or not, shouldn't it? Did you get a pre-purchase inspection?

Doesn't carfax just check US records?I've seen some squeaky clean carfax records, then run the same car through carproof and hooooly hell.

schocker
12-28-2013, 08:20 PM
Carfax will sometimes have some records, but always carfax for us cars and carproof for canadian cars.

16hypen3sp
12-29-2013, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by msommers

Carproof... sorry, I'm just used to saying car fax.

Man I can go on for hours over how wrong every carproof I have ever got was wrong. I hate them and will never buy them again. Complete waste of money.

These accidents have to be "reported" to carproof in order to show up on the report. Car proof apparently gets lien info from the government but that info has also been wrong in my past car proofs. Government says one thing, car proof says the opposite.

But no, I never got an inspection because the carproof lead me to believe I didn't need one. I was young and dumb.

flipstah
04-22-2014, 11:00 AM
BUMP!

Are they called 'Car Gallery Inc' now or completely different?

ndhal417
04-22-2014, 11:14 AM
Different dealership but AMVIC shows that one guy works at both so maybe their owned by the same people.

woodywoodford
04-22-2014, 11:15 AM
I bought my car there in '08. It's still going strong.....but I did feel a little greased after it all, and the car didn't come with a spare tire :P

max_boost
04-22-2014, 01:47 PM
I believe they are House of Cars. Love them or hate them they seem to be doing really well lol

relyt92
04-22-2014, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by flipstah
BUMP!

Are they called 'Car Gallery Inc' now or completely different? They're still running as GOFC
http://www.kijiji.ca/o-gallery-of-fine-cars/85564946
http://www.galleryoffinecarscalgary.com/index.htm

The Wanderer
01-21-2015, 01:17 PM
Just figured I'd post in here as Gallery of fine cars keeps showing up on my Facebook feed and the feed seems to have lots of likes. i was surprised when i googled Gallery of fine cars and this thread no longer showed up

G-ZUS
01-21-2015, 01:31 PM
Anyone confirm Gallery of Fine Cars and House of Cars are owned by the same guy(s)?