PDA

View Full Version : Is the Evo coming to Canada?

Speed_RaSiR
06-20-2003, 09:01 AM
Is the Evo coming to Canada? Does anyone know for sure? I don't want guesses? Does anyone have any usefull information?

Akagi Redsuns
06-20-2003, 10:00 AM
No definite answer, but I would hope so. Mitsubishi seems to want a presence in Canada, no better way then bringing that EVO over there...we have the STi here...can't let them have all the glory :)

rage2
06-20-2003, 10:15 AM
Not this year. It didn't pass front bumper 10km/h tests or something.

GTS Jeff
06-20-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by rage2
Not this year. It didn't pass front bumper 10km/h tests or something. as i remember, the bumpers pass the 3mph test (usa req.), but not the 5mph test (canada req.). the reason their bumpers suck is cuz of the fmic.

mad_psyentist
06-20-2003, 01:17 PM
They've been trying to get the Evo into Canada since last year. SUPPOSEDLY we were supposed to get them soon after the US got them in Jan. of this year... but they didn't pass regulations testing and went the way of the MR-S. Ya know, supposedly they're available in the US (I'm on assignment in Dallas, TX at the mo) but haven't seen a single stinkin' one! You'd think the moment those puppies went on the market, you'd at least see ONE on the road. But alas... none. I've seen more RX-8's than Lan-Evo's.