PDA

View Full Version : Having a Baby

2.2vtec
06-20-2003, 10:17 AM
This is probably a doubt question but it came up in conversation yesterday with a friend. How does the baby eat? I know it's from the abilical cord but if it's the exact same food that the mother eats how does the baby go to the bathroom and etc... Can anyone explain the process?

Ben
06-20-2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by 2.2vtec
This is probably a doubt question but it came up in conversation yesterday with a friend. How does the baby eat? I know it's from the abilical cord but if it's the exact same food that the mother eats how does the baby go to the bathroom and etc... Can anyone explain the process?

everything goes in and out via the belly button.

Key nutrients are sepparated from the food in which the mother eats and it is sent to the growing fetus for nourishment. Unfortyunatly such things as alcohol, and chemical drugs also take the tour as well.

ZorroAMG
06-20-2003, 10:26 AM
Umm...since when does the mommy get poop or pee pee from her belly button?? LOL Just playing. You answered correctly about it going in Ben, but what about out, does it just go into the mother's OUT system as well? Wait a minute I feel like you are doogie howser man, asking someone younger than me for medical knowledge....lol I wish you had a blue screen to type your answer to me...:D

GTS Jeff
06-20-2003, 10:32 AM
hahaha so u guys arent bio majors...

basically, a babys umbilical cord just hooks it up into the mothers bloodstream. key nutrients arent purposely separated and sent to the fetus....in fact, the digestive processes of the mother dont change at all. the only thing different is that the baby is a part of the bloodstream and receives nutrients and oxygen via blood going in and excretes wastes via the same blood going out. its like an organ..