PDA

View Full Version : Bike is SO loud

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-20-2003, 01:35 PM
On my bike their are some supertrapp racing mufflers (2) wich have seen better days. But DAMN my bike is loud, I got it going and was tuning it but it was starting to concern me as the noise might bother my nieghbors. I already order 2 replacement supertrapp racing mufflers wich should show up in a couple weeks. When I took off my current ones, the packing in them was pretty much carbonized, as their was no way to repack it I could hear it "clinking around" inside the muffler, not a good sign. As I said before, I think that their is like no noise absorbtion on these any more.

When I get the new ones, do you think it will make a huge difference in noise? When starting the bike and taking off my current exhaust its really not that much louder believe it or not, thats how shot my current mufflers are.
It'd be nice if my bike would "hum" like the new ones out their after I get these replacements.

ramminghard
06-20-2003, 01:48 PM
i have a full yoshi system on my bike and it is sweet. IT is really loud but a nice tone and it idles just perfectly. i love my exhaust. I think my bike would be quieter without it

kevie88
06-20-2003, 02:09 PM
In my opinion all Supertrap mufflers should be sold for scrap, but like I said, JMH(but experienced)O.

Are your mufflers the internal or external disc type?

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-20-2003, 04:28 PM
They are the disk, but they're about 10 years old, thus the noise.
They aren't shit, they're alot better than stock thats for sure. I got one of the mufflers in the other day, but sent it back becuase it was the 2" pipe, not 1 3/4. But when I got it, it was real real nice, all stainless steel and stuff.

Plus, if you can actually find some mufflers that fit my bike, then I'd be very surprized. Supertrapp is the only company that still makes mufflers that fit what I have and actually look ok.

When I get a new bike I want to get a complete yoshi system as well, very nice assed exhuast setup, but expensive. But im sure you get what you pay for.

Supertrapp is not shit though.

(BTW, they have no discs left at all, it was just an opening on the end.)

kevie88
06-20-2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by BlaCkPlaGUE

Plus, if you can actually find some mufflers that fit my bike, then I'd be very surprized. Supertrapp is the only company that still makes mufflers that fit what I have and actually look ok.
(BTW, they have no discs left at all, it was just an opening on the end.)

I may be able to do that, let me check for you tomorrow.

As for the discs, if you were to put a couple on, and use the end cap you'll be a LOT quieter... unfortunately you will loose performance from that, but there's always a tradeoff!

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-20-2003, 04:38 PM
I've already ordered the mufflers, and of course they will come with a full set of disks.

BUT, if you actually CAN find a complete system for my bike I would for sure go for it. I need new headers and mufflers, simple as that. But im tellin you, its impossible to find. Cobra made a slip on system for my bike, but it required the original headers, wich I no longer have. thx tho

I also talked to the guys at supertrapp and they told me that more disks will be louder while one or two would be the quietest. You lose out on top end power, not low end. So when the engine is going at like 9-10 thousand rpm thats when you'd probably notice the performance loss.

kevie88
06-20-2003, 04:45 PM
Sounds like you're on the case!

I'll have a look for a complete system I remember from a few years ago and see if I can still get it... Can't remember who made it tho.

I'm sure you'll get the results you're after with a set of new cans/plates tho :thumbsup:

RiCE-DaDDy
06-20-2003, 07:32 PM
u have a v4 too, so they are naturally loud