PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Stampede Thread

HybridTheory
07-06-2007, 12:03 AM
Post any interesting finds, pics, gambling wins/losses, stories etc. that you have from this year's stampede.

I went down for the sneak a peek today and it was all right. Had the usual corn dogs, mini donuts etc. I think I saw a couple of new rides but I didn't have the chance to check them out. I'm pretty sure there's a new roller coaster. The highlight of my day was winning 70 bucks at Over/Under :D

viperous
07-06-2007, 12:38 AM
Damn, I lost $20 at Over/Under this evening.

Sneak a Peak for me the usual Stampede they have every year. But like every year, put down $20 for that dream home.

IntegraG2
07-06-2007, 12:39 AM
i went today as well...didnt do the rides since it was very very hot today. Had the usual dippin dots (new rainbow flavour), mini donuts, root beer, corndogs, and lemonade. Also checked out the rodeo-x which was pretty awesome. I always go sneek-a-peek cause its 3 bucks to get in and the area isnt as crowded as regular days. I tend to stay away from the hardcore azn drug dealer over/under table haha the big 4 is where i gamble...

viperous
07-06-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by IntegraG2
I always go sneek-a-peek cause its 3 bucks to get in and the area isnt as crowded as regular days.

Ha ha, which reminds me. I got in for free because there was this filippino lady that was standing around in the north gate and she came up and gave me a free ticket. It's either she recognized me or she was just being nice to a fellow filippino. Regardless, saved me the entrance fee.

saiyajin
07-06-2007, 01:05 AM
sneek a peek was only 3buks this year other years the admission was much higher and also started later, at 6pm

SilverGS
07-06-2007, 01:48 AM
Lost $10 at Over/Under.. freakin 7 came up two times in a row. heh heh

Watched the Grand Stand Show.. mostly the same but have a very cool motorbike jumping portion this year that was great.

Had mini donuts mmmm

sl888
07-06-2007, 07:18 AM
My buddy told me they have deep fried coke and deep fried cheesecake. Can't wait to try the cheesecake :drool:

EK 2.0
07-06-2007, 07:38 AM
JAILBAIT!!!!!:drool: :love: :poosie:

SilverGS
07-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by sl888
My buddy told me they have deep fried coke and deep fried cheesecake. Can't wait to try the cheesecake :drool:

Yes they do. The deep fried coke apparently is deep fried coke syrup. I may try it.

Deep fried cheescake sounded good and they also have deep fried frozen banana sounds yummy

MackDawg
07-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by SilverGS

Yes they do. The deep fried coke apparently is deep fried coke syrup. I may try it.

Deep fried cheescake sounded good and they also have deep fried frozen banana sounds yummy

what a waste of blow.

PINOY-X
07-06-2007, 08:56 AM
same ol' every year ... im not even going to go dis year bahaa

Schwa
07-06-2007, 02:03 PM
Lost $40 at over under, even if you're up you can't quit so you end up losing it all.

+1 on the chicks.

GOnSHO
07-06-2007, 02:05 PM
PICS of the chicks!! jeez... jus make it look like ur takign a pic of the ride/game.. haha!! jeez

SR240SX
07-06-2007, 02:05 PM
over and under is the :devil: i lost way too much last year..gotta go this year and get me money back!!! ahaha

reiRei
07-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Colour Game ftw :thumbsup:

sl888
07-06-2007, 08:18 PM
Anyone know if they are letting people in for free after midnight? Wanna play some poker but don't feel like paying $13 to get in.

izzoblitzo
07-06-2007, 08:34 PM
I tried the deep fried coke.. and damn, Im so dissapointed. I'll be honest, I didnt expect much to begin with, but it's not even a "snack".

It looked like calimari in a cup essentially.. but it doesnt taste like anything.. it tastes nothing like coke or any cola product. It looks and tastes like the little pieces of batter that fell off your fried fish and chips.

http://blogs.newsobserver.com/media/fried%20coke_01.JPG

Anton
07-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Are the bars packed right now, specifically No Name?

I promised a buddy I'd take him out but I never try to go out during Stampede but tonight is the only night we can both go.

Kobe
07-06-2007, 11:16 PM
cowboys was packed at like 3pm, i drove passed ranchmans and it was busy as hell aswell.. tequila looked empty...

Clubbbcrawl tomorrow!!!!!

LuxCars
07-06-2007, 11:25 PM
anyone going on the crawl on the 14th?

damn im excited to go, even though every year i end up spending shit loads of money and then regretting it right after.
but at the time it feels right:D
just like jailbait

dj_rice
07-06-2007, 11:53 PM
The deepfried Coca-Cola is Coca-Cola flavored batter that is deepfried, then Coca-Cola syrup is drizzled on top, with whipped cream, cinnamon sugar, its kinda like a funnel cake

They also have Deep-Fried Cheesecake?Like WTF....do people want to die faster?What else are they gonna think of to deep-fry....?Anyone tried Deep-Fried Pizza?Or Deep Fried White Castle Burgers...:drool:

Originally posted by Schwa
Lost $40 at over under, even if you're up you can't quit so you end up losing it all.

+1 on the chicks.

My past 2 years of Stampede have been totally free due to my winnings @ Over/Under and Color Game

STI
07-07-2007, 12:57 AM
I find the color game is easier to make money than over under.

MackDawg
07-07-2007, 01:04 AM
My bud won 250 bones starting off with $1 on over/under tonight

v_tec_prelude
07-07-2007, 01:10 AM
Anyone know if there is a drop of fear this year?

mard
07-07-2007, 01:15 AM
no but there is something like it .. but not as high.. i didnt really ctach the name..
but this year and like every other year..ii spend at least 20 or 10bucks to win me one of them mini bikes.. :D

saiyajin
07-07-2007, 01:16 AM
its called the Mega Drop

mard
07-07-2007, 01:17 AM
mega drop but the drop of fear look higher.. ohh welll
its not like i would ever go on them rides...

i never go on rides no more just a place for me to bring the girl and hang out .. try win some prizes as cheap as i can...

Birthday games FTW:thumbsup:

Speed_69
07-07-2007, 04:21 AM
Yeah i went on mega drop and it's nowhere as scary compared to drop of fear..so much shorter :thumbsdow

eb0i
07-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Weird. I thought the Mega Drop was supposed to be higher than the old Drop of Fear.

kaishen
07-07-2007, 11:33 AM
i lost like 100 cad in over and under when i was there last year...its a really addictive game...haha...i believe the takings for one store can go up to rather high in one day itself...

dino_martini
07-07-2007, 01:20 PM
I love the stampede. But I hate the whole gangster element at stampede park, and the way people walk on the grounds.

Manhattan
07-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I love the stampede. But I hate the whole gangster element at stampede park, and the way people walk on the grounds.

They're not really gangsters. How do people walk on the grounds anyway?

dino_martini
07-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Manhattan

They're not really gangsters. How do people walk on the grounds anyway?

They run to get infront of you, and then slow down once they get in front of you. Or they just stop in the middle to look at something, come on move to the side instead of just stopping. Its just a pet peeve of mine. Other then that the Stampede rocks.

LuxCars
07-07-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

They run to get infront of you, and then slow down once they get in front of you. Or they just stop in the middle to look at something, come on move to the side instead of just stopping. Its just a pet peeve of mine. Other then that the Stampede rocks.

Don't forget that they walk in groups of 20 and if THEY bump you they all pick shit with you.
And they also bring their shirt over their shoulder and walk like their leg is broken but don't want to use crutches (usually the white guys)

Disoblige
07-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Deep fried coke looks disgusting. The cheesecake sounds good, and theres also a new food called the "porksicle". Basically meat on a stick. That sounds pretty good too.

Highlights:

- Winning a bear FIRST try, hitting the red hole in that ball game. (luck FTW)
- Won $105 from the gambling table where you get a ball for $5, or $10 depending on the people and the dealer spins the wheel.

Melinda
07-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Tried the deep fried coke last night, probably would never get it again. It's not awful, but it's not good either. We actually gave a little to others standing around that were curious and even still our family of 6 didn't finish it all. Just nothing to it, so no, dont think it was worth the hype. A couple next to us in line got the deep fried cheesecake and they both said it was like heaven, they loved it.

As always, I love the deep fried macaroni and cheese! First stop every year lol. Other then that it's same old stampede, but I like it that way. Although it will be nice to see what they add when they do the big stampede expansion over the next year or two :thumbsup:

Still ahead for me is the championship day or the rodeo and the reba mcentire concert, can't wait! :)

reiRei
07-07-2007, 03:25 PM
O_O.. where is the deep fried mac n' cheese?~!!

4wslude
07-07-2007, 04:12 PM
Anyone know anything about a Deep Fried Snickers, I heard about it last year but couldn't find it anywhere on the grounds????????????

Disoblige
07-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh yeah, and where exactly is the deep fried cheesecake? I tried to find it but I just couldn't? Is it somewhere near nashville north or something? I swear I walked through the midway like 10 times.

Spoons
07-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Stampede is awesome, plain in simple. I love it, its like christmas for me. Where else can you eat food that would probably kill you before your 30, drink your face off, and ride on rides! I noticed alot of the prices did go up like some of the games and shit. Yesterday I dropped a 100 dollars which isn't too bad for stampede. Watched the hypnotist like every year, and spent 8 dollars on really really shitty perogies.

I've fround that right infront of the Big Four Building, where the water fountain is, is where all them gangsters go and hang out. I know your hardcore, but does it really make you look any more hardcore than standing by a fountain? There is like a million things to do at the stampede, and they hang out there...

PS: All the cheesecake shit is in the Round Up Centre where they have all those booths. They also just have normal cheesecake on a stick, its fuckin awesome.

Diesel2005
07-07-2007, 08:51 PM
stampede is getting old. every year its the same thing. shows are the same every year. it just gets old. the prices are higher each year but still the same thing inside stampede.

sh0ko
07-07-2007, 08:55 PM
^^^ :werd:

Disoblige
07-07-2007, 08:57 PM
PS: All the cheesecake shit is in the Round Up Centre where they have all those booths. They also just have normal cheesecake on a stick, its fuckin awesome.

I think the deep-fried cheesecake is outside, just couldn't find it.

asp integra
07-07-2007, 09:20 PM
come on down to alberta boot to get fit up in some great boots!

pinoyhero
07-07-2007, 09:29 PM
Here's a bet, we'll beat the total attenadance record this year by 25,000

toyboy88
07-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by asp integra
come on down to alberta boot to get fit up in some great boots!

and make you some money for selling them eh :D ;) J/K

LuxCars
07-07-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero

every year we set a new record:clap:

HybridTheory
07-08-2007, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by pinoyhero

No doubt about that.

Where's the stand for the deep fried mac and cheese? I was just curious to see the stuff. Did anyone try those bite sizedcakes in the round up center? They're vanilla and have cream in the middle. Mmmm those were good :drool:

SikAssR1
07-08-2007, 03:20 AM
just got home from the stampede...and i have to say slutfest 2007 for sure.

7thgenvic
07-08-2007, 06:06 AM
the only think i like about stampede is the money i make working at the bar....i love the money too much to take the 2 weeks off to waste doing nothing.

Kobe
07-08-2007, 01:09 PM
What a great pubcrawl, I don't know about you guys, but..

Roadhouse/Mynt/Some tent/Whiskey was fucken fun.. first time being at mynt/tent/whiskey...
Then stumbling my way to the stampede after was a great time...

Amysicle
07-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by HybridTheory
Did anyone try those bite sizedcakes in the round up center? They're vanilla and have cream in the middle. Mmmm those were good :drool:

I think it was a stand called Deli Monjoo in the Round Up Centre? Or something. Really great when they're fresh.

Melinda
07-08-2007, 02:24 PM
The deep fried mac and cheese is at the mcain booth, right beside a set of beer gardens almost right across from Nashville North. Don't bother trying the sweet potato fries, they kinda suck too. The mac and cheese is amazing though! You get fries with it too.

mard
07-08-2007, 02:33 PM
woot woot just got back again today... won 2 mini electric bikes lol only spent 10 for one and 10 for the other one... :D man im soo good at one of those games.. hahahah

today was a nie day hey guys i mean sunday... not soo hot and not soo cold.. love the weather ...

sexualbanana
07-08-2007, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by mard
woot woot just got back again today... won 2 mini electric bikes lol only spent 10 for one and 10 for the other one... :D man im soo good at one of those games.. hahahah

today was a nie day hey guys i mean sunday... not soo hot and not soo cold.. love the weather ...

That's funny. If I were to win one of those, it'd be sweet, but I don't want to be dragging that fucking thing around with me all day

Canmorite
07-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by SikAssR1

Isn't it great? :love:

Nav13
07-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Isnt mini.mum bet $5? unless theres two different over/unders

Originally posted by MackDawg
My bud won 250 bones starting off with $1 on over/under tonight

omagedon
07-08-2007, 09:15 PM

Cool where you play to get those Mini Bikes?? i want one LOL.

dj_rice
07-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Nav13
Isnt mini.mum bet $5? unless theres two different over/unders

Yeah it is...

ronaldo
07-08-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Kobe

Roadhouse/Mynt/Some tent/Whiskey was fucken fun.. first time being at mynt/tent/whiskey...

:werd: haha that was a fuckkin random tent tho

Kobe
07-09-2007, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by ronaldo

:werd: haha that was a fuckkin random tent tho

Haha were you on our pubcrawl?
If you were on our bus we had a "FUCK THE LEAFS" and "FUCK THE OILERS" chants going...

ronaldo
07-09-2007, 01:42 AM
haha our bus had two chicks racing by crowd surfing

LuxCars
07-10-2007, 11:17 PM
had a great time monday night, i got onto 6 free rides had a lot to drink, got some mad discounts on food (25 wings for 8 bucks) and the best part was that when i woke up this morning and counted my money i noticed that i only spent 7.50$ at the grounds.
going back thrus night and sat night.

the fireball is amaing!!:clap:

l/l/rX
07-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Yeah it is...

no its not...depending on how busy these tables are...go down a few tents to the other over/under game and that one is usually $2. but only if the tables arent busy.

em2ab
07-11-2007, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by LuxCars
had a great time monday night, i got onto 6 free rides had a lot to drink, got some mad discounts on food (25 wings for 8 bucks) and the best part was that when i woke up this morning and counted my money i noticed that i only spent 7.50$ at the grounds.
going back thrus night and sat night.

the fireball is amaing!!:clap:

You call 33 cents a wing cheap? These must be huge wings.

Benny
07-11-2007, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by em2ab

Pretty cheap for Stampede.

I went to Nashville North the whole time on Monday. Tuesday I spent all of my time in the Cowboys tent watching April Wine. Old Skool.

Schwa
07-11-2007, 01:19 AM
Dont know if this is on topic but the AJM spaghetti western was great!

LuxCars
07-11-2007, 09:22 AM

considering they were selling 8-10 wings for 8 bucks....yea, thats cheap.
(and its .32$ ;) )

Euro838
07-11-2007, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by SikAssR1

Pics? :)

avow
07-11-2007, 01:29 PM
grand stand show this year is amazing!

Davide
07-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by avow
grand stand show this year is amazing! are the tickets really $297 at the door? cause thats fuckin pricey. I hope not

dino_martini
07-11-2007, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Davide
are the tickets really $297 at the door? cause thats fuckin pricey. I hope not

If you want to go to the Lazy S then it is probably $297. Rush tickets are about $15 or something like that, reserved seating starts around $30. Not really expensive, its alot of fun.

Altezza
07-11-2007, 06:43 PM
I was at the Lazy S last week in a private suite. Free food, free alcohol, and front row rodeo seats FTW!

kenny
07-12-2007, 01:28 AM
Just got back from the Grandstand Show with front row Lazy S seats... awesome view of the show. Awesome service up there, but too bad the steak sucked. The only good thing about the steak was that it was free, along with the alcohol :P

adamc
07-12-2007, 01:49 AM
randy and mr.lahey from the trailer park boys were kicking it at melrose tonight :)

mr.lahey was so effin drunk, it was awesome

EK 2.0
07-12-2007, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
JAILBAIT!!!!!:drool: :love: :poosie:

GOnSHO
07-12-2007, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Kobe

that was awesome!! haha!!
i started at Whiskey->Raw Bar(tent)->Mynt(GAY)->Roadhouse

yea the tent is a new bar called Raw Bar, We jus got the back grounds, not into the actual building from what i saw...

budthespud
07-12-2007, 08:11 AM
Taco in a Bag rocks, best food at the stampede, located across from the Rodeo entrance, basically taco ingredients put in a bag of crushed Dorito chips, split lengthwise and eaten with a fork.

Deep fried cheesecake dipped in chocolate, you pay extra for the dipping, located in the row alongside the plus 15 outside of the roundup center. Awesome desert.

kenny
07-12-2007, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by GOnSHO

yea the tent is a new bar called Raw Bar, We jus got the back grounds, not into the actual building from what i saw...

Raw Bar has been around for awhile, inside Hotel Arts.

l8braker
07-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by kenny

Raw Bar has been around for awhile, inside Hotel Arts.

Heh, there was an article in the paper about how they were checking wedding rings at the door and applying spray to cover the tan :clap:

03ozwhip
07-12-2007, 11:38 AM
same old shit, piece of shit people that want to fight all the time for no reason. i saw a guy get a beat down so bad i think he may be dead. and guess what, everyone yelling security, but wheres the security??? hitting on a couple chicks a couple hundred feet away. BTW the guy that got the beat down started the fight.

dino_martini
07-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by l8braker

Heh, there was an article in the paper about how they were checking wedding rings at the door and applying spray to cover the tan :clap:

They stopped doing that because after it was featured on Global news a bunch of people freaked out. The manager had to appologise on the news. :drama:

BoS_DC2
07-12-2007, 10:27 PM

Haha, the damn carney tried tricking me into playing it saying the thing can go up to 30 MPH... :nut:

Stampede pretty much sucked 'again' this year. Lot's of underaged prostitutes this year strutting their stuff at the Stampede.

dino_martini
07-14-2007, 09:49 PM
So tomorrow is the final day for the Stampede. I have tickets for the Rodeo and Chucks. Should be a good time. I kind of wish I would be going to the Tragically Hip, but the Sunday Final Chuckwagons are always a good time.

Anyone else have plans? One last hurrah at Cowboys anyone? The new cowboys is at 4th ave and 5th street in the old Office Depot. :dunno:

three33
07-15-2007, 01:32 AM
Did anyone go to the Chuckwagon races tonight? And if so do you know of any info regarding the one chuckwagon driver and the horses who were involved in the crash earlier tonight? Kind of bugging my gf a bit as shes an animal lover and feels bad having witnessed the horses go down and not knowing whats has/will happen to them.

LuxCars
07-15-2007, 02:32 AM
another great night down at the grounds. Although i must say that nashville north really isnt anything special, its actually quite nasty in there.
its hot, packed, dirty and fucking stinky.

anyways, it was another great run this year.

LiquidK
07-15-2007, 03:00 AM
280 at colour game on thursday, lost 100 before that and i played back 100 after so up 80 that day
friggen 160 up today though, quit while i was ahead
god i love the colour yellow now

turbo'dGSR
07-15-2007, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by LuxCars
another great night down at the grounds. Although i must say that nashville north really isnt anything special, its actually quite nasty in there.
its hot, packed, dirty and fucking stinky.

anyways, it was another great run this year.

Agreed Nash North was so disgusting... The entire floor was soaked in there and it sure wasnt raining. The hype for that place is dying quick!

Davide
07-15-2007, 05:23 AM
Ya I'm kinda stuck between the last night at the grounds or the Ice cube concert at the whiskey. I went to his show last night, and it was pretty good, but tonight's show is supposed to be the one to see, so I'm not sure. It was pretty funny though, to see them smoke a joint and then pass it to the crowd though! lol

anyone know if the seating for the finals are sold out already? I'd like to catch one of those for once

dino_martini
07-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by three33
Did anyone go to the Chuckwagon races tonight? And if so do you know of any info regarding the one chuckwagon driver and the horses who were involved in the crash earlier tonight? Kind of bugging my gf a bit as shes an animal lover and feels bad having witnessed the horses go down and not knowing whats has/will happen to them.

You probably know by now, but two horses died on Saturday and one was put down early sunday morning. Tyler Helmig (The driver thrown from his wagon) was transported to Foothills hospital and underwent surgery today. They say he will probably need a hip replacement.

ZorroAMG
07-16-2007, 11:13 PM
Lack of cowslut pics makes this thread teh l0se.

ercchry
07-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by turbo'dGSR

Agreed Nash North was so disgusting... The entire floor was soaked in there and it sure wasnt raining. The hype for that place is dying quick!

i dont care how nasty that place was, all the hot sluts made up for it by far, haha and of course the cougars :thumbsup:

em2ab
07-17-2007, 12:02 AM
There was an Ice Cube concert? WTF? How did I miss this?

Davide
07-18-2007, 04:44 AM
There was an Ice Cube concert? WTF? How did I miss this? Haha Ya man, saturday and Sunday night at the whiskey, I don't think it was advertised, besides the posters inside the club, no promos nothin