PDA

View Full Version : So who's From Edmonton here?

Outlaw5.0
06-20-2003, 02:36 PM
Just been going around looking at stuff and a see a lot of Edmonton people, how many are there of us out there? :thumbsup:

littledan
06-20-2003, 03:23 PM
castle downs baby... lived in airdrie for 4 months and cowtown for 8...

redbaron303
06-20-2003, 04:05 PM
St. Albert, just north of Etown by a few minutes.

redx2nv
06-20-2003, 04:12 PM
me:clap:

B18C
06-20-2003, 05:16 PM
me too

TalonVelocity
06-20-2003, 05:22 PM
leduc, like 15 mins south

Troy
06-20-2003, 06:41 PM
im in edmonton to south side lol

Addictive
06-20-2003, 09:15 PM
West baby

GTS Jeff
06-20-2003, 09:49 PM
i am during school season :)

redbaron303
06-20-2003, 10:30 PM
Jeff... for a studyin dentist... you may wanna get your teeth looked at... (the avatar*) and haul your ass back away from your sweet pad in ctown.

Kamen
06-20-2003, 11:02 PM
I've went to Edmonton this year...it's...different. heh

Troy
06-20-2003, 11:11 PM
well I dont like calgary! lol to...flat :D

Stratus_Power
06-21-2003, 01:31 AM
during school year here too

Outlaw5.0
06-21-2003, 10:08 AM
Cool, BTW im in south West

TrevorK
06-22-2003, 01:18 AM
I'm off in the ghetto (Clariview)

GTS Jeff
06-22-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by TrevorK
I'm off in the ghetto (Clariview) ive noticed that every edmontonian will refer to their community as the "ghetto"...no matter what part of edmonton theyre from. like, "oh i live in clareview the ghetto", or, "yea i live in the ghetto, millwoods" or "yea im living in bonnydoone, what a ghetto"

ive come to conclude that edmonton, in fact, is one giant slum-ghetto-city

Outlaw5.0
06-22-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
ive noticed that every edmontonian will refer to their community as the "ghetto"...no matter what part of edmonton theyre from. like, "oh i live in clareview the ghetto", or, "yea i live in the ghetto, millwoods" or "yea im living in bonnydoone, what a ghetto"

ive come to conclude that edmonton, in fact, is one giant slum-ghetto-city

LOL, you know what your right... I've never noticed that before, good catch :tongue:

:guns: :bigpimp: :drool:

REFLUX
06-22-2003, 09:24 PM
oh i live in clareview the ghetto", or, "yea i live in the ghetto, millwoods" or "yea im living in bonnydoone,

no offense to the people that live there, but the three places you listed......ARE the ghettos of Edmonton

but you gotta remember, Edmonton has one of the highest (tied with Scarborough & some place in Van for first) standards of living in Canada

Troy
06-22-2003, 09:50 PM
I live in black mud creek next to twin brooks I dont think i live in the ghetto :D

EstoMax
06-22-2003, 10:48 PM
my friend lives near edmonton.. like spruce grove or something, is that a ghetto? haha

max

TrevorK
06-22-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by REFLUX

no offense to the people that live there, but the three places you listed......ARE the ghettos of Edmonton

but you gotta remember, Edmonton has one of the highest (tied with Scarborough & some place in Van for first) standards of living in Canada

You know it's the ghetto when your drive by shootings by Asian gangs aren't committed in the typical Integra Type R, rather a late 80's four door rusted Civic ;)

And yes, that's what they used for the last one.

<No offense to anyone here with the stereotypes>

Outlaw5.0
06-22-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Troy
I live in black mud creek next to twin brooks I dont think i live in the ghetto :D

That's pretty close to me, im right across the street from Riverbend Square.

REFLUX
06-23-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by Outlaw5.0

That's pretty close to me, im right across the street from Riverbend Square.

I'm in River Ridge!!!

TrevorK: :werd:
In the rich areas of Edmonton....people kill you by squashing you with 20" chrome rims & slice off your balls with their diamond rings

CRXguy
06-23-2003, 12:19 AM
What's over east of Edmonton? Argyll(sp?)?

I drove over there once a couple years ago, and it looks ghetto-er than Ogden in Calgary. :rofl: :eek:

Which reminds me, I should drive up there for some donairs! Queen Donair rocks! :thumbsup:

Troy
06-23-2003, 12:37 AM
ya you 2 live pretty close to me lol, millwoods is where all the gang shootings are lol

GoodBoy
06-23-2003, 12:45 AM
Leduc is where its at yo.

GTS Jeff
06-23-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by REFLUX

but you gotta remember, Edmonton has one of the highest (tied with Scarborough &amp; some place in Van for first) standards of living in Canada lol ever been to calgary? there are wayyyy more nice cars here, way newer infrastructure, nice new buildings everywhere, a transit system that consists of more than one lrt pathway, voted most livable city in north america, energy capital of canada, and the list goes on.

edmonton is just bone-cold 8 months of the year and way more ghetto. but it does have better bars, a nicer university, and DAMN THE GIRLS ARE FIIIIINE

GTS Jeff
06-23-2003, 01:25 AM
and dont forget the insanely high crime rate in edmonton compared to calgary.

...aaaand the pothole/landmine filled roads of edmonton. seriously, the only roads that well maintained are gateway blvd and the whitemud.....which are incidentally the roads that calgarians travel on to get to the mall. every other road on the city is shit! and wtf, edmonton has so little on/off ramps compared to calgary!! ramps are so much fun, but edmonton has like 3 in the entire city...

Troy
06-23-2003, 01:34 AM
ya calgary is the money capital of alberta edmonton is political..I agree there are way nicer cars in calgary then edmonton lol

REFLUX
06-23-2003, 12:05 PM
I agree too
but honestly, I'm not gonna debate which city is better

reason for Edmonton being voted high on the list is because of standard of living

everything you listed is true tho ;)

dah well what can yah do

Addictive
06-23-2003, 11:45 PM
i live in the Ghetto ....kindda by the Q club .... stony plain road

preludegrl
06-24-2003, 01:43 PM

...aaaand the pothole/landmine filled roads of edmonton. seriously, the only roads that well maintained are gateway blvd and the whitemud.....which are incidentally the roads that calgarians travel on to get to the mall. every other road on the city is shit! and wtf, edmonton has so little on/off ramps compared to calgary!! ramps are so much fun, but edmonton has like 3 in the entire city...

Yup, that's for sure. The one thing I noticed about Calgary this summer is that the roads are much better than Edmonton... and you do get used to merging very quickly when you drive in Calgary. The only merging you need to do in Ed is on whitemud.

Oh yeah, I'm Edmonton North...

KAOS41
06-24-2003, 01:54 PM
South Side E-town right here....I lived in Calgary for 2 years while I attended SAIT and I prefer E-town

JustinL
06-24-2003, 02:01 PM
I'm right smack in the middle of Downtown Etown. I could almost spit to the downtown Boston pizza parking lot.

Whyte ave/University area is really nice and I like our rivervalley better than Calgary's. Calgary has the location advantage by far... close to the mountains and slightly warmer.

Can't say much about bars in calgary, except they seem more expensive. Maybe that's just compared to the 2.25$ drinks at squires on thursdays.

And Hey, less nice cars here makes mine look better!

Justin

hjr
06-24-2003, 06:04 PM
spruce grove. and other than the trailer park, there isnt much ghetto here. But i like edmonton in summer. sooo green and such long days. granted calgary has long days too but like 2 weeks after spring everthing is yellow. now as for winter, shit, id rather not be in canada at all.

redx2nv
06-24-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by preludegrl

Yup, that's for sure. The one thing I noticed about Calgary this summer is that the roads are much better than Edmonton... and you do get used to merging very quickly when you drive in Calgary. The only merging you need to do in Ed is on whitemud.

Oh yeah, I'm Edmonton North...

Yikes whitemud eastbound is the shittiest road in edmonton IMO... My car bottoms out too much on there..:(

roopi
06-25-2003, 10:20 AM
I'm moving to Edmonton today!

littledan
06-25-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by roopi
I'm moving to Edmonton today!

sweet! whereabouts are you moving?

roopi
06-25-2003, 10:27 AM
Stony Plain and 156 area. It is the ghetto! :D

Just moving to Edmonton for 5 weeks to take a course. I won't have my car with me till next week though.

Addictive
06-25-2003, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by roopi
Stony Plain and 156 area. It is the ghetto! :D

Just moving to Edmonton for 5 weeks to take a course. I won't have my car with me till next week though.

you'll be living right by me ...... the area is sick fucked up things happen around here

roopi
06-25-2003, 10:32 AM
Well I've stayed there a few times and it seems to be ok. I know the general area isn't the best but were I'm staying seems to be pretty good. New houses and shit so it'll be alright.

littledan
06-25-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Addictive

you'll be living right by me ...... the area is sick fucked up things happen around here

it's not that bad...:rolleyes:

... actually nevermind it is pretty bad! i always see drunken fights on the side of the road when i drive by there at night

dogstar
06-25-2003, 12:10 PM
edmonton east, close to skyreach

kinda shitty area, but its close to most everything.

i agree jeff, the women here are superior, but calgary does have some mighty fine cowgirls too.

and the road network in calgary owns edmontons.

Addictive
06-25-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by littledan

it's not that bad...:rolleyes:

... actually nevermind it is pretty bad! i always see drunken fights on the side of the road when i drive by there at night

not only that , theres always hookers on the side of the road ...

CRXguy
06-25-2003, 11:02 PM
hey roopi, that's kinda near where my g/f parents live. how come i never see fucked up shit there? lol

preludegrl
06-26-2003, 03:07 AM

That's by where I work... A lot of creepy people come into our pharmacy for prescriptions... not exactly the safest of areas. Off topic, but did you graduate from Shep in '99?

preludegrl
06-26-2003, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by redx2nv

Yikes whitemud eastbound is the shittiest road in edmonton IMO... My car bottoms out too much on there..:(

True, but it is one of very few roads in the city with a speed limit of more than 60km/h...

Addictive
06-26-2003, 10:27 AM

That's by where I work... A lot of creepy people come into our pharmacy for prescriptions... not exactly the safest of areas. Off topic, but did you graduate from Shep in '99?

yup i did.... whould i know you????:D

preludegrl
06-26-2003, 10:42 AM

yup i did.... whould i know you????:D

I graduated a year after you, so I doubt it. I only knew you as the really tall asian girl....sorry... hahhaha.:D Um... did you know Adam Woo, Brian Mahtoy, Brian Tsang, Lisa Ng... etc. etc.???

Addictive
06-26-2003, 10:45 AM
yup i do .... but i only talked to Adam .. he's my friends cousin

preludegrl
06-26-2003, 10:49 AM
yup i do .... but i only talked to Adam .. he's my friends cousin

Really? Who's your friend? Yeah, I used to date Adam back in highschool.

Addictive
06-26-2003, 10:50 AM
Roxanna Mah.... if you dated Adam i should know who you are

preludegrl
06-26-2003, 10:56 AM
Roxanna Mah.... if you dated Adam i should know who you are

Yup. I did. Then drama happend, gossip spread, and that was the end of that...

But hey, congrats on all your accomplishments since highschool!

Addictive
06-26-2003, 11:09 AM

Yup. I did. Then drama happend, gossip spread, and that was the end of that...

But hey, congrats on all your accomplishments since highschool!

I accomplished something??? damn and i thought my life was full of nothing.... and yeah gossip is all apart of high school... thats why i only hung out with 2 people and didnt bother with the rest...