PDA

View Full Version : Windsheild repair.... is this repairable?

88CRX
07-07-2007, 01:05 PM
So I got a nasty chip/bullet wound drive on, you guessed it deerfoot fucking trail ha :banghead: just my luck.

Anyways, if the glass spidered already should i even bother getting it filled and shit? Oh yea, the inside of the windsheild also spidered already in different spots then the outside.

pic... as you can see its spidered on both sides :thumbsdow
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x24/88crx2/chip_01.jpg

DepTrotter
07-07-2007, 01:23 PM
brutes bro, i just got my windshield replaced too - not fun!

spikerS
07-07-2007, 01:28 PM
rule of thumb i heard, and i can't say 100% but if there are cracks around the chip, can't be fixed, so i think you are SOL and have to bite the cost of a new windscreen.

mekeni
07-07-2007, 01:38 PM
try it... it might work...

only costs $20

Canmorite
07-07-2007, 06:38 PM
You can get these little round stickers that you apply over the crack, and it prevents it from spreading.

DC2
07-07-2007, 07:15 PM
I had a chip that just started to spider, but i got it filled in, its still noticeable but the spidering is mostly gone. I guess that way it wont spread as fast.

EK 2.0
07-07-2007, 08:36 PM
Ryan, it's not repairable...I have one just like it and the repair guy that does all our dealership work said it can't be done.

Supa Dexta
07-08-2007, 12:20 AM
yeah looks too rough to fix.. Lots of guys use clear tape on the insde of the window out here around the rigs.. and we gets tons of chips..

turbo'dGSR
07-08-2007, 02:08 AM
Shit mang, pretty sure Deerfoot hates you. :(

BlackArcher101
07-08-2007, 02:21 AM
No sticker will overcome the forces of thermal expansion. You can TRY to get it filled with epoxy, but most likely this is far gone and will further spread. Especially since it's cracked through the windshield.

Ashers
07-08-2007, 12:39 PM
We had a very similar crack on my dad's Caravan and my Tracker. Had them filled and they haven't spread 3 years later! It's worth it to try having it filled, and just drive until it cracks. That way you won't get any chips on your nice new windshield !

Palmiros
07-25-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
You can get these little round stickers that you apply over the crack, and it prevents it from spreading.

Where from?

Also, anyone know those "on the go" yellow tents, often seen on the sides of malls/etc that fix this kind of thing? I forget what it's called.. they are seasonal (and it's a franchise) i believe.

Proboscis
07-26-2007, 01:28 AM
try some chewing gum on the inside, may not last that long but enough to get it looked at.

AllGoNoShow
07-26-2007, 03:27 AM
There was one at Wal-mart Royal Oak about 2 days ago, had been there for a couple days, Orange tents this year.

ashee
07-26-2007, 09:25 AM
They chip repair guys are usually in the Safeway Westhills parking lot on weekends.

runnerman
07-23-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
So I got a nasty chip/bullet wound drive on, you guessed it deerfoot fucking trail ha :banghead: just my luck.

Anyways, if the glass spidered already should i even bother getting it filled and shit? Oh yea, the inside of the windsheild also spidered already in different spots then the outside.

pic... as you can see its spidered on both sides :thumbsdow
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x24/88crx2/chip_01.jpg

Rule of thumb is that if it is cracked the size of a qaurter or more it is going to continue cracking even if you get it repaired, The repair may slow the crack down but thats all. no shop will warranty the repair if it does crack but Heninger toyota will reimburse towards a new windshield if it does continue cracking. i got a couple repaired there and they did a great job and were very informitive about it. 35.00 Check it out.

runnerman
07-23-2009, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by runnerman

Rule of thumb is that if it is cracked the size of a qaurter or more it is going to continue cracking even if you get it repaired, The repair may slow the crack down but thats all. no shop will warranty the repair if it does crack but Heninger toyota will reimburse towards a new windshield if it does continue cracking. i got a couple repaired there and they did a great job and were very informitive about it. 35.00 Check it out.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
07-23-2009, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by runnerman

Nice 2 year bump!