davidI
06-20-2003, 06:03 PM
Are all Talon TSI's AWD?

That's all :D

4wheeldrift
06-20-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by davidI
Are all Talon TSI's AWD?

That's all :D Nope, the vast majority (around 90% I believe is the accurate figure) are front wheel drive.

Gonein60...ft.
06-21-2003, 04:43 AM
Ummm, sorry 4wheeldrift, but i think your wrong....

MOST Tsi's are AWD turbos, although there are some FWD turbos kicking around, most are indeed awd. All you have to do is a search on canadatrader.com and look up the tsi. The Mitsu Eclipse is a different story. There are far more FWD turbo (GS-T) than there are GSX (AWD).

4wheeldrift
06-21-2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Gonein60...ft.
Ummm, sorry 4wheeldrift, but i think your wrong....

MOST Tsi's are AWD turbos, although there are some FWD turbos kicking around, most are indeed awd. All you have to do is a search on canadatrader.com and look up the tsi. Just because there are more used all wheel drive TSi's for sale at a given moment does not mean there were more produced. I've seen a significantly higher number of FWD TSi's than I have all wheel drive ones. I can't find the production numbers to back this up though. Anyone have them?

davidI
06-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Just because there are more used all wheel drive TSi's for sale at a given moment does not mean there were more produced. I've seen a significantly higher number of FWD TSi's than I have all wheel drive ones. I can't find the production numbers to back this up though. Anyone have them?

ugh...well, every TSI I've seen has been AWD, that's why I was asking was because I wasn't even sure if FWD were produced. I'm not sure where you've seen a significantly larger number of FWD's that AWD's but ok. Do they make any of the non-turbo Talons AWD or are they strictly in FWD?

5.9 R/T
06-22-2003, 01:02 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/costall/1000Q/

EnRich
06-22-2003, 01:29 PM
All talon TSI's are full time all wheel drive.... I really hate how ppl think they know something because of some statistic they heard some where from some stupid guy and spread it on here.... Jeez... ESIs are FWD only where as TSIs are AWD all the time.... You cant buy a FWD TSI talon.... Btw their good cars....

Rich

Seanith
06-22-2003, 01:43 PM
That page said that there is a TSi and a TSi AWD...

ecstasy_civic
06-22-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
All talon TSI's are full time all wheel drive.... I really hate how ppl think they know something because of some statistic they heard some where from some stupid guy and spread it on here.... Jeez... ESIs are FWD only where as TSIs are AWD all the time.... You cant buy a FWD TSI talon.... Btw their good cars....

Rich

um i think your the stupid guy. before you go shooting off your mouth, you should look into the numbers my friend there IS FWD turbo talons, you can find them, you just have to look.

and im sorry you havent seen one before, but that doesnt give you the right to think you know everything.

4G63Power
06-22-2003, 01:52 PM

Rich

Well Im not sure where you got your statistics but your wrong...

First Generations 90-94 came in 4 models
DL - 1.8l / 92hp / FWD
ESi - 2.0l / 135hp / FWD
TSi - 2.0l turbo / 195hp / FWD
TSi AWD - 2.0l turbo / 195hp / AWD

Second Generations 95-98 came in 3 models
ESi - 2.0l / 140hp
TSi - 2.0l turbo / 215hp / FWD
TSi AWD - 2.0l turbo / 215hp / AWD

4wheeldrift
06-22-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by davidI

ugh...well, every TSI I've seen has been AWD, that's why I was asking was because I wasn't even sure if FWD were produced. I'm not sure where you've seen a significantly larger number of FWD's that AWD's but ok. Do they make any of the non-turbo Talons AWD or are they strictly in FWD? Any non-turbo talon/eclipse/laser was front wheel drive only. The Talon and Eclipse were both available as either front or all wheel drive turbos, and the Laser was front wheel drive only turbo.

4wheeldrift
06-22-2003, 03:12 PM

Rich Bzzt wrong.

4G63Power
06-22-2003, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by 4wheeldrift
Any non-turbo talon/eclipse/laser was front wheel drive only. The Talon and Eclipse were both available as either front or all wheel drive turbos, and the Laser was front wheel drive only turbo.

In 90-91 you are correct the laser was only offered in FWD, but from 92-94 it was also offered in AWD

4wheeldrift
06-22-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by 4G63Power

In 90-91 you are correct the laser was only offered in FWD, but from 92-94 it was also offered in AWD Whoops, my bad

p3nnywi5dom
06-22-2003, 04:40 PM

Rich

Uh....I HAVE a FWD TSi.

Dipshit.

ecstasy_civic
06-22-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by p3nnywi5dom

Uh....I HAVE a FWD TSi.

Dipshit.

hahahaha:thumbsup:

davidI
06-22-2003, 08:06 PM
haha, such an easy question...so much controversy! i love it!

lammer
06-22-2003, 08:54 PM
hahahahahahahahaha enrich you idiot!

DSM Power
06-23-2003, 09:33 PM
I think Enrich was officially 0wn3d on that one! :poosie: :thumbsup:

Boostn
06-23-2003, 09:56 PM
There's definitely such a thing as a FWD TSi Talon, my bro owns one. The TSi badge denotes that it's equipped with a turbo. I think they probably even outnumber the amount of AWDs out there. Fun cars those DSM's, I'm thinking about adding a 1g AWD turbo to my collection one of these days. At <$5K with awesome potential you can't go wrong.

DSMer4Life
06-24-2003, 09:39 AM
MMMkay....Well, just to pipe up here,

Please refer to 4G63Power's previous posts. He's right on the money. As far as I've ever seen, there are quite a few more all wheel drive models of first and second generation Talons than anything else. Lately, I've notice more non-turbo second gens, but talking forced induction only, the awds OWN! Lasers can go either way:poosie: They're not as common in general. I have no production numbers to back this up, just my personal observation.

MMMkay?:tongue:

p3nnywi5dom
06-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by DSM Power
I think Enrich was officially 0wn3d on that one! :poosie: :thumbsup:

:D

EnRich
06-24-2003, 06:44 PM
WTF.... Find me a TSI talon that isnt AWD thats between 95 - 98.... I'm not talking eclipses or taking stickers that ppl bought some where and putting em on TSIs.... ESIs are FWD....

DSM Power
06-24-2003, 09:32 PM
Bah, you're talking about 2g Talons and in Canada only. We're talking about 1st gens too, but apparently that point was lost on you. :rolleyes: :zzz:

Oh, and 2G FWD turbo Talons do exist. :poosie:
http://www.turbotrix.com/ccars/ecavalieri.shtml

4G63Power
06-24-2003, 10:09 PM
WTF.... Find me a TSI talon that isnt AWD thats between 95 - 98.... I'm not talking eclipses or taking stickers that ppl bought some where and putting em on TSIs.... ESIs are FWD....

Are you serious???

Your still gonna argue about this, especially with a bunch of DSM owners and enthusiasts. You don't believe my information and think we're a bunch of uninformed retards...call a Chrysler dealership and ask them. Give me a break :banghead:

p3nnywi5dom
06-24-2003, 10:12 PM
You're done son....you're done.

Gonein60...ft.
06-24-2003, 10:22 PM
no kidding........yes you CAN buy a FWD Tsi.......

boosty
06-25-2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by DSM Power
Bah, you're talking about 2g Talons and in Canada only. We're talking about 1st gens too, but apparently that point was lost on you. :rolleyes: :zzz:

Oh, and 2G FWD turbo Talons do exist. :poosie:
http://www.turbotrix.com/ccars/ecavalieri.shtml

Maybe that's what he was trying to get at because as you already know, you could NOT buy a FWD TSi 2G Talon off the showroom floor of an Eagle dealership in Canada when that car was made. You could in the States and obviously for the 1G FWD TSi you could definitely buy new here or in the US from the dealer when it was still made.