PDA

View Full Version : Need Suggestion for a Mechanic

BlackFyre
07-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Hey, I've had my 91 GTO TT in Calgary since September, and I've hopped around a few mechanics trying to find someone good, does anyone know of any mechanics in the city (other than platinum) that would have decent knowledge of this car? I have a coolant leak, and it's not the water pump or thermostat or radiator. I can see where is pooling but can't get a good enough look in the driveway to locate the leak. Anyone have any suggestions for a mechanic?

Lo)2enz0
07-08-2007, 07:21 PM
lol for a coolant leak

dude any mechanic can do that for you

Primer_Drift
07-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Not true. A blind mechanic would have difficulty.

Lo)2enz0
07-08-2007, 07:29 PM
lol someone forgot to wear their safety glass's

ok, let me help you

if you want to make it easier, clean your engine bay and wa la you should be able to find it in a matter of minutes

why pay someone $100 for this type of work when its so simple

BlackFyre
07-08-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm not looking for a mechanic for the coolant leak, I'm looking for a mechanic in general, the coolant leak is just the most recent issue. Also, I don't want "any mechanic" I want someone who at least has had some experience with them, the other three that have seen the car claim they can do it no problem and then I have nothing but problems with them. I just had the tranny worked on recently by someone who claimed they could work on it no problem and I ended up going through hell with them. It went back 3 times to this mechanic to have him fix his mistakes so I'm a tad hesitant with going to just anyone.