PDA

View Full Version : The build that's older than beyond is almost done

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2007, 08:03 PM
So here is the car Ive been building for over 1/2 a decade. Pretty much restored the car from the ground up, a lot of the parts were almost impossible to find. BPM photo will be taking some prof pics but here is an attempt at some of mine.
Special thanks to Dan & Dave @ Screamin Paintworks, Nick & Will @ Speedtech, Rob & Paul @ project omega speedworks, Kyle @ Red Deer Toyota, Paul @ Lexus of Calgary and all my peeps from the ABMR2OC. They been as dedicated to this project as I have and have gone the extra mile to help me get shit together. The car is still not yet done, need to detail and finish the interior but its close.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Redlyne/000_0359.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Redlyne/000_0354.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Redlyne/000_0352.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Redlyne/000_0351.jpg

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Redlyne/000_0355.jpg

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2007, 08:05 PM
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Redlyne/000_0349.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Redlyne/000_0358.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Redlyne/000_0357.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e306/Redlyne/000_0350.jpg

88CRX
07-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Hoooooly.... so you do actually own an MR2 :rofl:

That interior is big :bigpimp: ..... hell the whole car aint that shabby haha :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rage2
07-08-2007, 08:27 PM
All these years I thought u were one of those guys that tell chicks that u had an MR2 to get pussy! :rofl:

jk man, it's looking great, can't wait to see it! Man, I've heard about this thing since *gasp* Alberta cars days haha.

Phuqu
07-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Nicest Fiero I've seen in awhile. Is it a V6?

snowboard
07-08-2007, 08:32 PM
sweeeeeeeet ass interior
your hood looks wonky though?

stevo 27
07-08-2007, 08:32 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

that just awsome

so whats she putting to the ground ??

and might i say fu*king beutiful :drool:

thinmyster
07-08-2007, 08:46 PM
looks like you pieced that together from a garage sale. not impressed :nut:

TE4MFaint
07-08-2007, 08:48 PM
I love.

Plain & Simple.

Beautiful.

Dope Dealer
07-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Finally get to see it! Looks great Ryan! Worth the wait.. heh

shadowz
07-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Looks very hard, good work man, saw it on the road made me stop

ninspeed
07-08-2007, 08:55 PM
i call :bullshit: ... thats your parts van

lil*tymer
07-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Sick mr2 man, im sure you did alot to the engine as well?

the mirrors are sweet to ive never seent hem before.

BokCh0y
07-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Ryan the 2 is :bigpimp: !!!!!!

Very nice work :thumbsup:

Hakkola
07-08-2007, 09:17 PM
Hahaha, I saw the post on the main page and knew it was your car right away. :rofl: :rofl: Looks awesome man, must feel great to *almost* have it done. :thumbsup:

van
07-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Don't forget to rep the sticker! lol. I had the privilege of seeing this car in person and man it looks even sweeter when you're standing right infront of it. Good job dude.

TeamBestBud
07-08-2007, 09:26 PM
This Thread Is Useless Without Engine Pics.

hussein
07-08-2007, 09:37 PM
:drool: Can't wait to see engine pics.

NickGT
07-08-2007, 09:46 PM
Wow. Very nice! :eek:

b_t
07-08-2007, 09:48 PM
Unfortunately the JDM boat has come and gone and you missed it by a long shot

ZING

jk. Even though its true. Really wicked car, I've always had a soft spot for MR-2s. I dig the digital dash!

Phuqu
07-08-2007, 09:50 PM
http://www.fiero.org/pix/engine5.gif

thinmyster
07-08-2007, 09:58 PM
sick/Wicked/NAsty! I like how you colored matched your engine bay

Crow
07-08-2007, 10:13 PM
that pic is for a fiero....and its not posted from Redlyne_mr2♠

HiSpec
07-08-2007, 10:16 PM
:drool: x 1000000

Looks nice!! But did you do some mod to your rear lip?? say.... cut it in half? hahah

but looks awesome!!!

bspot
07-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Phuqu

:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
07-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by snowboard
sweeeeeeeet ass interior
your hood looks wonky though?
Ya its all painted cf, hood, headlight covers, trunk, spoiler, etc... its hard to get that shit to fit right which is why it looks the way it does. As for engine pics, Ill have some once I get a few things wire loomed and cleaned up. Thanks for the comments guys!
Mod list

Exterior
Complete paintjob (engine bay, frunk, door sills, etc)
BMW M3 imola red using Sikkens paint
Authentic full Greddy kit
Madpsi cf hood (painted)
Custom cf headlight covers (painted)
RPM garage cf trunk (painted)
Custom cf 94+ wing (painted)
Bomex mirrors
Origin lab cf splitter
JDM solid side moldings
JDM clear corners
Custom 3rd gen mr2 badge in black
94+ taillights
Brand new oem foglights
JDM doors (lighter)
Hydraulic engine lid prop rod
Madpsi cf windshield cowl (who knows when that will show up)
Windshield wipers delete
Brand new oem windshield, all exterior seals, door trim, window and windshield trim

Engine
Blitz K3 turbo kit including external wastegate and downpipe
Blitz Nurspec - R exhaust
Apexi intake
NGK blue wires
Samco hose kit
Berk Intercooler
Berk vacuum hose kit
ATS egr delete
Sard catch can
550 injectors
ATS rom tune (not installed)
Aeromotive FPR
Oil pressure relocation lines
Twosrus oil sandwhich plate
HKS SSQ BOV
Custom hotpipe
All removable engine parts and heat shields were ceramic coated
Sard catch can
Motul fluids
All oem toyota seals, ignition components, belts etc
Dual 10inch fans on engine lid with dry carbon shroud
NRG dry cell racing battery

Transmission
TRD Japan syncros
TRD Japan clutch
Speed Source brass shifter bushings
b&m Short shifter
Motul fluid

Brakes
97 jdm mr2 brake set
Project mu rotors
Project mu B spec pads
Earls stainless steel lines
Bedell racing MC brace
Motul fluid

Suspension
Kei Office racing coilovers
Cusco front and rear sway bars
Tanabe lower arm bar
Twosrus endlinks
JIC carbon front strut bar
TRD rear strut bar
H&T prothane bushings
Full race traction bars
All control arms and hub powdercoated
New oem balljoints, tierods etc

Rollers
Volk te37 17x8 front 17x9 rear
Michellin PS2 tires 225 front 255 rear
5zigen open face titanium lug nuts

Lighting
Niteboy Projector headlight conversion
Helios 6000K HID

Interior
Bride Zeta III bucket seat
Takata harness
Cusco chromoly 6 point cage
Custom suede shift boot
Alex titanium shift knob
Nardi dish suede steering wheel
NRG quick release
Momo hub
New oem floormats
Custom cf panels to accomodate the gauges and meters

Electronics
Blitz SBICD color boost controller
HKS turbo timer
Racepak digital gauge cluster
CD player moved to the glove box

Eleanor
07-08-2007, 10:43 PM
looks good! any dyno #s?

CivicDXR
07-08-2007, 10:46 PM
wow, it does exist... :poosie:

Ek9Max
07-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Wait a minute.... I've seen this car for sale out of florida a few month ago. .....

Something fishy is going on here.....

BerserkerCatSplat
07-08-2007, 11:24 PM

Ahahahaha! :rofl: :rofl: Love the Fiero jokes, poor guy.

Boost Infested
07-08-2007, 11:51 PM
Coddamn Ryan, its about time... I think Laurie needs some advice from you. "How to put my car back together." :angel:

Dj_Stylz
07-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Wow such a nice car.:bigpimp: Cant wait to see what it looks like when its done.:thumbsup:

SI_futbol
07-09-2007, 05:39 AM
holyshit there's rare parts on that, no wonder it took 5 years

EK 2.0
07-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Nicest Fiero I've seen in awhile. Is it a V6?

I heard it run...that HAS to be a 4 banger...

ANd gee Ryan, thanks for thanking me in your original post...:rolleyes:

KRyn
07-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Love the ride!

:hitit:

benyl
07-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Ya its all painted cf, hood, headlight covers, trunk, spoiler, etc... its hard to get that shit to fit right which is why it looks the way it does.

Beautiful car...

I was going to say something about he hood lines, but I understand why now.

legendboy
07-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Glad to see its finally wrapping up for ya!

JRSC00LUDE
07-09-2007, 09:51 AM
IMO the single most impressive thing about that car is the LHD. Looks fantastic, always had a bit of love for the MR2. :thumbsup:

sh0ko
07-09-2007, 10:10 AM
good work buddy.. really... !

redlyne's mr2 ftw!

:hitit:

Ekliptix
07-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Dammit, I'm at work and can't see the pics. I'm sure it looks good but I'll have to wait.

l/l/rX
07-09-2007, 12:46 PM
damn i've been wanting to see this thing ever since i joined this site!!! i think back in 2002? haha

Toms-SC
07-09-2007, 01:14 PM
5 years later and it is like whoa :hitit:

Foreign2
07-09-2007, 01:51 PM
Holy Money Batman. I love your digital gauge cluster, that shit is OFF DA HOOOOOK!!!!

:thumbsup: :drool: :rolleyes: :D :nut: and :hitit:

Congrats:clap:

Toms-SC
07-09-2007, 01:56 PM
OG Unit in this thread :rofl:

jvillain
07-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Glad to see you got it out of the garage and rolling. This car does look better in person than it does in the pictures. I know how long you have been working on this and how much you have put into it. Take your time getting used to it. Hopefully we will see you around the track at some point.

Good job. Enjoy driving it.

jdmakkord
07-09-2007, 02:06 PM
Looks great man!!! Thank god you kept it clean, and steered away from the widebody kits that everyone else has done! LHD ftmfw

dj_Twin_turbo
07-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Wow, it looks like someone dipped deep into the eBay parts bin to build this thing :thumbsdow :whocares:

:D

Blue Devil 2
07-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
damn i've been wanting to see this thing ever since i joined this site!!! i think back in 2002? haha

:werd: :werd: :werd:

I never thought I would see this day

bspot
07-09-2007, 11:35 PM
Thank you for painting your CF. Makes the car look a million times better than leaving it black.

finboy
07-10-2007, 10:12 PM
looks good ryan, glad to see it finally came togeather

DepTrotter
07-11-2007, 08:41 AM
good shit man, thats probably the nicest mr2 ive seen, and the internals sound so nuts

clem24
07-11-2007, 01:39 PM
Windshield wipers delete

What the.. Why would you do this? Isn't this kind of dangerous (i.e. mud get flung up, birds getting splattered...)? Love the wheels... :drool: Not digging the body kit. With all that stuff, I hope you actually take your car to the track (and not just 1/4). :D

gpomp
07-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by clem24

What the.. Why would you do this? Isn't this kind of dangerous (i.e. mud get flung up, birds getting splattered...)? Love the wheels... :drool: Not digging the body kit. With all that stuff, I hope you actually take your car to the track (and not just 1/4). :D
saves weight

nismodrifter
07-11-2007, 02:15 PM
I still remember the OG thread on abcars when you posted about the night you got cut off/something like that and the car went airborne and the whole build began. Was it a green cavalier?? Shiet, I was in grade 10 or 11 at the time haha.

Total pimpness!

clem24
07-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by gpomp

saves weight

Umm.. there's a difference between saving weight and compromising safety (and essential features). I can't think of any race cars, aside from Nascar and open wheel, that have no wipers.

schurchill39
07-11-2007, 02:18 PM
So he really does have an MR2? Nice build man!

Redlyne_mr2
07-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by clem24

Umm.. there's a difference between saving weight and compromising safety (and essential features). I can't think of any race cars, aside from Nascar and open wheel, that have no wipers.
hahaha dude your concern is appreciated ... thats what rainx is for. I never even get a chance to drive the car anyways and it looks much cleaner without wipers. It's not a 1/4 mile car it will be all roadcourse,, dont want anymore than 350whp once everything is completely finished.

Nismodrifter your memory is crazy... thats totally the story except for it it was a green sunfire not cavalier.

clem24
07-11-2007, 03:53 PM
hahaha dude your concern is appreciated ... thats what rainx is for. I never even get a chance to drive the car anyways and it looks much cleaner without wipers.

:nut: Dude you're crazy..! RainX is good. I use that stuff. But it only works if you're going at least 80km/h. In hairpins, mud, insects, gophers... RainX gets rid of none of that. Without wipers looks cleaner... That's getting into ricer talk! :D The ricer single wiper mod is already bad enough, but you take it to a whole new level! :nut: I personally think wipers look good on cars. Cars without wipers = weird.

stealth
07-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Looks really good man.

Our cars look almost the same, except mine is black with the 91 wing. Greddy Kit sets it off nice.

jvillain
07-11-2007, 07:35 PM
I do beleive wipers are required by the provincial hiway act.

mo_money2supe
07-11-2007, 07:45 PM
Didn't you tell me some 2 months ago that this car was ready to hit the roads in about 2 weeks? :D Glad to see it's *almost* finally done now. Can't wait to see it on the track though!

stevo 27
07-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by jvillain
I do beleive wipers are required by the provincial hiway act.

:whocares:

and redlyne POST MORE PICS

looks sick :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :eek: :eek:

l/l/rX
07-12-2007, 05:08 PM
so exactly what parts were rare on this car? and why did it take soo long to build this thing? nothing exterior, looks entirely too too rare except for i guess the custom c/f pieces that had to be made...

im guessing its mostly the engine parts that were rare?

btw...nice gullwing doors on that yota beside your car. haha

Hakkola
07-12-2007, 07:19 PM
One question remains... Did you paint it for $50? ;)

Zephyr
07-12-2007, 10:05 PM
wow! :thumbsup: not many clean mr2s these days..we use to have a lot here

Redlyne_mr2
07-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
so exactly what parts were rare on this car? and why did it take soo long to build this thing? nothing exterior, looks entirely too too rare except for i guess the custom c/f pieces that had to be made...

im guessing its mostly the engine parts that were rare?

btw...nice gullwing doors on that yota beside your car. haha
authentic bodykits are tough to come by, usually not stocked in north america which means it comes from japan. Cf rear wing is one of only a few in the world. Madpsi hood is super super hard to come by, cf headlight covers are super rare and not made anymore, Kei office coilovers arent made anymore for this car, only set in NA, as far as I know. Project mu brakes, again one of the only sets in NA took 7 months to get. Cusco sway bars are straight from japan, took 6 months. JIC carbon strut bar took 4 months to come in, Cusco cage special order from Japan, took 11 months, havent seen another 2 in NA with this cage. MR2 oem mats are discontinued.. paid double what I should have. Blitz turbo kit is one of only a few in NA. TRD japan tranny parts took 6 months to arrive, not sure if anyone else is using these. The blitz boost controller is somewhat easy to come by but no one else seems to use it. Samco hose kit took 6 months... Those bomex side mirrors are no longer made.. very very rare.
The thing is the mr2 is old enough now that all these performance parts are becoming discontinued.. sucks

hussein
07-14-2007, 01:18 AM

authentic bodykits are tough to come by, usually not stocked in north america which means it comes from japan. Cf rear wing is one of only a few in the world. Madpsi hood is super super hard to come by, cf headlight covers are super rare and not made anymore, Kei office coilovers arent made anymore for this car, only set in NA, as far as I know. Project mu brakes, again one of the only sets in NA took 7 months to get. Cusco sway bars are straight from japan, took 6 months. JIC carbon strut bar took 4 months to come in, Cusco cage special order from Japan, took 11 months, havent seen another 2 in NA with this cage. MR2 oem mats are discontinued.. paid double what I should have. Blitz turbo kit is one of only a few in NA. TRD japan tranny parts took 6 months to arrive, not sure if anyone else is using these. The blitz boost controller is somewhat easy to come by but no one else seems to use it. Samco hose kit took 6 months... Those bomex side mirrors are no longer made.. very very rare.
The thing is the mr2 is old enough now that all these performance parts are becoming discontinued.. sucks

Wow, sounds exclusive!

Redlyne_mr2
07-14-2007, 02:20 AM
Originally posted by hussein

Wow, sounds exclusive!
ya too bad the parts went towards a 16 year old toyota lol

l/l/rX
07-14-2007, 02:45 AM

hahaha HOLY SHIT okay you got me there...i thought you got your cf parts made by riceeater er whoever that guy is that makes those cf parts on beyond, cuz i saw you had interest in a few things.

but, daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn, you really did put alot of time and effort into this car.

well congrats dood, it looks WICKED!

nice n subtle but still has a sick look to it.

haha seriously though i've been hearing about your car since i joined this site, i was wondering if i was ever gonna see a finished product. =P

red99600
07-14-2007, 02:52 AM
mr2s = :thumbsdow

but yours is nice!

Milk2%
07-14-2007, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by red99600

but yours is nice!

i think busses = :thumbsdow

nice mr2 btw

red99600
07-14-2007, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by Milk2%

i think busses = :thumbsdow

nice mr2 btw

:D

EK 2.0
07-14-2007, 04:42 AM

what...EVER!!...all this shit he's listing is readily available from the APC Rep at your local Auto Value.;)

barmanjay
07-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

what...EVER!!...all this shit he's listing is readily available from the APC Rep at your local Auto Value.;)

Naw

not those places!

I just bought all that stuff for my cavalier at Canadian Tire :D

Nice work ryan,.. I seriously thought you didn't own an mr2 aswell,.. I had to use jackies word for it,.. LOL,.. and still I was skeptical,.. LOL

SI_futbol
07-14-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by red99600

but yours is nice!

way 2 post that in a mr2 forum

Mod edit: he has a crazy mr2 but a mysterious attitude haha

Hakkola
07-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Ryan, are you going to come by the beyod/403 meet sometime? I'd like the see the car. :thumbsup:

Ek9Max
07-14-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by SI_futbol

way 2 post that in a mr2 forum

Mod edit: he has a crazy mr2 but a mysterious attitude haha

He's actually got 2 crazy mr2's..... But yea, he's fucked. LOL

SI_futbol
07-14-2007, 07:46 PM
i was in a bitter moooodddd haha, my baddddd

back 2 talking bout redlyness ridee

Toms-SC
07-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Dude can we get a picture of you busting an icy hot stuntaz pose on your car??

Phuqu
07-17-2007, 02:27 PM
http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6302/redlynefiero3ag5.jpg

Hair Courtesy of Rod Stewart

EK 2.0
07-17-2007, 05:13 PM
His old haircut doesn't have to be courtesy of Rod Stewart. I think Ryan was the hair model FOR Rod Stewart...

finboy
07-17-2007, 06:00 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

'chop of the year :thumbsup:

Toms-SC
07-17-2007, 08:48 PM
:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
07-17-2007, 09:07 PM
fawkk... owned by facebook and screamin paintworks...

Super2
07-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Looking sweet Ryan. The MR2 has come a long way since I first seen it bone stock when you were making base line 1/4 mile runs at bud park back in the day.