PDA

View Full Version : CFL Thread

Eleanor
07-08-2007, 11:04 PM
How has no one started one of these up yet? Does nobody here follow canadian football? Or is everyone ashamed at Calgary's performance thus far?

spec c
07-08-2007, 11:11 PM
1 and 1 is not that bad, we did get stomped by the rough riders but we stomped edmonton in preseason the game before it. it could be worse, we could be 0 1 and 1 like edmonton or 0 2 and 0 like montreal.

it's to early to judge their performance yet, but it is a better team than we had last season, i guess we gotta wait and see.

slick2404
07-08-2007, 11:14 PM
QB problems for stamps again....Burris is good at times....the new kid on the block smith was pretty good in preseason but tonight....not even close to turning in a good performace. It could have been because he was down by 30 points and the players were ready to quit, but they need to find a solid QB that can throw a catchable pass IMO.

anways go stamps go, anyone sellin tix for the next game??

Benny
07-09-2007, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by slick2404
QB problems for stamps again....Burris is good at times....the new kid on the block smith was pretty good in preseason but tonight....not even close to turning in a good performace. It could have been because he was down by 30 points and the players were ready to quit, but they need to find a solid QB that can throw a catchable pass IMO.

anways go stamps go, anyone sellin tix for the next game??

I might have 2 for the game on the 28th against the Lions. Not sure yet though, sorry to not have a definite answer.

Stamps got ass-stomed tonight. I didn't get a chance to watch but fuck, those kinda numbers are hurting. Especially against the damn Riders.

ianmcc
07-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Riders are 2-0!!!! Time to start planning the parade route!

bobby_lu
07-09-2007, 08:48 AM
No way, Lions ftw....Gggggg-roy..:thumbsup:

rouxel
07-09-2007, 06:08 PM
Its all about the riders. That was a beat down if iv ever seen one. made calgary look rediculous!!lol

md14
07-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Riders arent going anywhere, KJ is going to have knee problems again slowly.. and Sask's dreams are going to fade...

On the other hand Stamps have alot of potential but man oh man we need to get a consistant QB or were in trouble, but lastnights performance wasn't all Burris, Lewis couldn't catch the ball if it hit him in his face or run a route if his life depended on it

Dren
07-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Calgary Got BLOWN away !!

im calling a BC - Winnipeg final

Eleanor
07-09-2007, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Dren
Calgary Got BLOWN away !!

im calling a BC - Winnipeg final

:werd: that's what i'm hoping for, but i don't know if they'll be able to get by toronto. I just hope it won't be BC and Montreal, it seems that it's that every fucking year.

rouxel
07-10-2007, 09:57 AM
unfortinutly for you guys the riders are going to destroy B.C this weekend. any perdictions on the score

Let Me Guess

22 Riders
10 B.C

ps. everyone nows KJ sucks ass. were going to win without a decent QB.

5hift
07-10-2007, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

:werd: that's what i'm hoping for, but i don't know if they'll be able to get by toronto. I just hope it won't be BC and Montreal, it seems that it's that every fucking year.

It seems like that, but keep in mind we have what 7 teams in the CFL, and half of them can barely stay above water, let afford decent players (ie players cut from NFL /banned for substance abuse). There is really maybe 3-4 that have a chance.

Hopefully the CFL can tide me over until NFL preseason starts

bobby_lu
07-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by 5hift

Hopefully the CFL can tide me over until NFL preseason starts

lol that sums it up right there.

rouxel
07-10-2007, 10:35 AM
ya forsure. go colts go

and im not a wagon jumper. huge fan of the colts for atleast 10 years. they've been due to win the super bowl for 4 years now

md14
07-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by rouxel
ya forsure. go colts go

and im not a wagon jumper. huge fan of the colts for atleast 10 years. they've been due to win the super bowl for 4 years now

aha, Looks like the CFL Thread is going to turn into an NFL thread, but F the Colt's!

Go Pat's Go!!

Brady 2 Moss.... :bigpimp: and stallworth and wes walker...

rouxel
07-10-2007, 06:35 PM
lol! brady is sooooo gay. the pats are so gayyyy!!!

everyone likes the pats becasue they won 3 in 4 years. big deal! Def not becasue of brady. Manning is 3 times the QB then brady. the numbers speak for themselves

Eleanor
07-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Please no more NFL talk, now I know why no one else started a CFL thread.

md14
07-10-2007, 10:47 PM

everyone likes the pats becasue they won 3 in 4 years. big deal! Def not becasue of brady. Manning is 3 times the QB then brady. the numbers speak for themselves

Wow.. are you serious?
The only people that like the pats because they won 3 in 4 years are the bandwagon jumpers, theres alot more to the pats man.. and I'm pretty sure if you checked Brady was a big part of them.

If the numbers speak for themselves I think Manning has to win two more rings to be compared to Brady then wouldn't you say so?

If you want to continue about numbers Brady still threw for the league's seventh-most yards (3,529) and the fourth-most scores (24) last season with one of the worst WR cores in the NFL, hmm who did Manning have :rolleyes:

But the records you put up or the number of rings you win doesn't always measure how good you are, Manning is a great QB and so is Brady lets leave it at that..

bobby_lu
07-11-2007, 10:02 AM
In a few weeks I am going to Tony Romo's for ribs :D :confused:

5hift
07-11-2007, 06:01 PM

Like md14 already pointed out, you dont know much about football. There is more to the game than who leads the league in the statistical catagories. It stats was all that mattered, Marino would have a ring.

Brady is the defention of clutch. That guy has ice water in his veins and nothing rattles him. The problem he had was his recievers werent the same way. If you actually watched the last playoff game between the Colts and Pats, the Pats would have won, if Reche Caldwell could catch a damn pass. In that game the Pats had brutal recievers, Mulroney was injured and they were missing two of their best defensive players. Still it was a nail bitter. A healthy Pats team with their new jacked up O and D are going to beat down the Colts and their new bandwagon of fans.

I'm not really a Pats fan, but man the they are going to be so entertaining to watch this year. Moss, Stallworth and Walker are going to rip up secondaries and make it impossible for defences to focus on the run, letting Mulroney run wild.

bobby_lu
07-12-2007, 08:49 AM

Mulroney was injured and they were missing two of their best defensive players. Still it was a nail bitter.

, letting Mulroney run wild.

lol you mean the former Canadian PM, or Lawrence Maroney ? :D

heavyD
07-12-2007, 09:08 AM
How has no one started one of these up yet? Does nobody here follow canadian football? Or is everyone ashamed at Calgary's performance thus far?

I don't know about the Stampeder players but I went to work with my tail between my legs on Monday following that disgrace of a performance against the Riders. Frikking Rider fans are the worst. If the Riders win a game they are the greatest football team EVARRRRRRRRR! If they lost, you don't hear a peep.

I expect a better effort but another loss in Toronto tonight as the Stamps always play poorly in Skydome. It's the one stadium that they have had zero success even in the Buono years.:cry:

rouxel
07-12-2007, 09:15 AM
i dont no much about football. lol your a duch bag. brady is hardly clutch. and yes stats is how you compair players. stats dont lie.

heavyD
07-12-2007, 10:17 AM
i dont no much about football. lol your a duch bag. brady is hardly clutch. and yes stats is how you compair players. stats dont lie.

Don't know much abour football! Stay out of the thread then. Pretty simple.:english:

rouxel
07-12-2007, 12:43 PM
LOL. you a goof. i think you missinterpeted it.

ianmcc
07-12-2007, 01:34 PM
unfortunately for you guys the riders are going to destroy B.C this weekend. any predictions on the score

Let Me Guess

22 Riders
10 B.C

ps. everyone nows KJ sucks ass. were going to win without a decent QB.

My prediction: BC 24 Riders 33.
Nothing better than whooping smilin' Hank's butt.
And actually, KJ is better than most people give him credit for. He better be, cause MC is biting at the bit to get in there. Austin has been there, platooning with Burgess back in the day.
BTW one more NFL (No Fun League) remark better have the flame-proof suit on.

5hift
07-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by ianmcc

BTW one more NFL (No Fun League) remark better have the flame-proof suit on.

No Fun League? Thanks for the laugh. The CFL is made up of all the guys who were never big/fast/strong enough for the NFL. Oh we cant forget and the NFL players currently serving substance abuse suspensions. There is the reason the CFL doesnt do anything of testing for their athlethes; they will take anyone they can get.

spec c
07-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Any predictions on tonights game? Calgary @ Toronto? I'm guessing this should be a good evenly matched game. If the Stamps play smith over burris they'll stand a good chance and most likely win. If burris is on a good day i think we got this one too. BUT! we all know how iffy burris can be.

ianmcc
07-12-2007, 04:44 PM

No Fun League? Thanks for the laugh. The CFL is made up of all the guys who were never big/fast/strong enough for the NFL. Oh we cant forget and the NFL players currently serving substance abuse suspensions. There is the reason the CFL doesnt do anything of testing for their athlethes; they will take anyone they can get.

Did you hear the NFL is adopting a "honor system" for drug testing?
It's either "Yes, your Honor" or "No, your Honor"
At least the CFL is an exiting game to watch.

Originally posted by spec c
Any predictions on tonights game? Calgary @ Toronto? I'm guessing this should be a good evenly matched game. If the Stamps play smith over burris they'll stand a good chance and most likely win. If burris is on a good day i think we got this one too. BUT! we all know how iffy burris can be.
Sorry, Toronto by 8. Burris starts, gets yanked in the third, and Smith makes it close.

spec c
07-12-2007, 06:46 PM
well, its looking like we're going to get our asses kicked worse than i thought. It's 27-0 for Toronto right now.

md14
07-12-2007, 09:32 PM
rouxel you give me a good laugh man..

But wow what's the deal with the Stamps..? this is getting hard to watch, were spose to be a power house this year..

toyboy88
07-12-2007, 09:34 PM
One word... shame. :dunno: :thumbsdow

rouxel
07-13-2007, 12:05 PM
well it looks like the stamps are going to suck this year. they need to get rid of heney at some point. he was a bum is sask and he will be a bum in calgary. alsways good for 2 or 3 int's. was glad to see him leave sask. riders come twice this year, for once. already got my tickets to both games. ill be the guy wearing a water melon on my head.

anywho. sask first real compitition today against b.c

ill be on later to brag about the big rider win.

Eleanor
07-13-2007, 10:38 PM
yeah, i love watching the rider games in calgary, cause they always say on the news that "about 1/4 of the fans were in green" and then i actually go to a game and it's like 3/4 are in green. one thing about sask, they have the best fans in the league.

Benny
07-14-2007, 02:45 AM
yeah, i love watching the rider games in calgary, cause they always say on the news that "about 1/4 of the fans were in green" and then i actually go to a game and it's like 3/4 are in green. one thing about sask, they have the best fans in the league.

They have the most inbred/retarded fans in the league...

accordboi_02
07-14-2007, 09:52 AM
well it looks like the stamps are going to suck this year. they need to get rid of heney at some point. he was a bum is sask and he will be a bum in calgary. alsways good for 2 or 3 int's. was glad to see him leave sask. riders come twice this year, for once. already got my tickets to both games. ill be the guy wearing a water melon on my head.

anywho. sask first real compitition today against b.c

ill be on later to brag about the big rider win.
Good call champ. :rofl:

BC 42
Sask 12

Better have that Grey Cup Parade on hold... AGAIN. :rofl:

accordboi_02
07-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Pure BS.
Sask fans fill up the cheap seats - Sections A, L, M, X

HARDLY 3/4 of McMahon.

Sask fans have to try to lie about how many show up... not like they ever have any championship teams to brag about.

The only thing they have going for them is the "best fans in the league" monkier, and that isn't even true... they have trouble selling out their own stadium.

Rider fans are the same as their team - all talk, and never back it up with anything tangible.

PGTze
07-14-2007, 01:56 PM

They couldn't even sell out their last home game against Calgary

bobby_lu
07-14-2007, 03:38 PM
w00t LIONS w00t

rouxel
07-17-2007, 11:04 AM
holy jump all over us y dont u. dont worry about it. by the way when the riders come to town its atleast half green. there are so many rider fans. ya and the riders sucked. cant win with 5 turnovers or whatever it was. dont have a QB. i still have faith that the riders have a grey cup team. we didnt have a chance to ever make a champ team when we had barret rinning the team. hes all like "we should run the shotgun formation agian" every single play came out of the shotgun formation last year. it was out of control. this year were looking way better plus auston used to play with joseph way back when and joseph was good then. and the fans are the best in the league by far. unless your from calgary apparently.

spec c
07-23-2007, 02:22 AM
man, burris has to be the most inconsistent player in the history of the cfl. atleast we won this one against toronto 33-10. that takes us to 2 and 2. good game to watch. even tho burris had 307 yards today and two touchdowns, i still think he needs to go and i'd even risk starting smith over him from here out.

rouxel
07-23-2007, 08:35 AM
i agree. I think if calgary wants to have a chance at winning they need a better QB. i didnt get a chance to watch the game tho so i didnt see him play. I did however see the watch the riders shit the bed. fuck, how the hell do you blow a lead like that.

rouxel
07-28-2007, 05:36 PM
who seen the rider game today. what a blow out. edmonton didnt stand a chance in hell. pretty much a perfect game. something like 5 turnovers in the riders favor. kj had a very good game and i think that calgary was crazy to give up wes cates. he is pretty much a machine.

and im currently watching the stamps game and its not looking to good for them right now allthough its only 2 nothing but bc is marching.

bobby_lu
07-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Lions FTMFW again :D

md14
07-28-2007, 11:48 PM
Once again Burris played like well.. Burris
We gave them the game.. Missed FG, Ints, Fumbles...
The blocked FG was the turning point for this game and the lion capatilzed on our mistakes,

This team is no where compared to last years team, this is going to be a tough season to watch

spec c
07-28-2007, 11:55 PM
^ even tho BC is undefeated, they shouldn't have won tonight. they won by pure fluke. calgary out played them like no tomorow. i've said it before and i'll say it again ...if calgary played smith, BC would have been raped.

THE ONLY! reason that BC took the win tonight is cuz of henrys two interceptions and incomplete passes while the stamps were in scoring range.

all in all tho, a loss is a loss no matter how you get it. if only calgary would loss burris.

^^ lol, no matter how bad the stamps or even flames do, i always feel better when i see an edmonton game lol, they've got no hope!

spec c
07-28-2007, 11:56 PM
Sandro DeAngelis' missed FG didn't help either.

md14
07-29-2007, 12:01 AM
Yeah that hurt He's always been so clutch, I was assuming it was going to be an automatic 3 points

spec c
07-29-2007, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by md14
I was assuming it was going to be an automatic 3 points

me too, he's good. i still have faith in him tho. i can't hate on him for missing once. sandro ftw!!!!

dezmarez
07-29-2007, 11:02 AM
burris neeeds to go...
we should see what flutie is up too!!

md14
07-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Fluties drop kicking balls somewhere in his backyard, I want to see smith get the start for next game

urbannomad
08-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by md14
Fluties drop kicking balls somewhere in his backyard, I want to see smith get the start for next game

haha,

smith should get the nod now.

burris...ugh, i've always hated his game...never consistent. and if he was, it would've been for 3-4 games.

i just hate what the defense is doing, what happened to the secondary? clear bullshit.

they need to get more players from NCAA college ball.

for LB's check out the Gamecocks LB's. there are twins, and they are amazing. hopefully NFL overlooks them!

rouxel
08-02-2007, 03:05 PM
riders by 11 over bc tonight.

bobby_lu
08-03-2007, 10:42 AM
riders by 11 over bc tonight.

lol are you a betting man?!?

haha, so close

rouxel
08-03-2007, 10:47 AM
actually i love betting on football. but mostly nfl.

bobby_lu
08-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Well, who doesnt?

But good call nonetheless!

rouxel
08-03-2007, 10:58 AM
taht reminds me. pre-season starts this weekend. and only i month from sunday the nfl season offically starts. how pumped am i? Very!!

GO COLTS GO!!!

bobby_lu
08-03-2007, 11:23 AM
LOL, this CFL thread already turned into an NFL thread once. haha

Go C-Boys

Masked Bandit
09-02-2007, 09:00 PM
So did anyone see the end of the Rider / Bomber game today? Phucking fantastic finish.

rouxel
09-04-2007, 09:55 AM
dude that was one of the best games iv seen in a while. so good. i cant wait till next week. its going to be amazing hopefully.

ianmcc
09-04-2007, 12:47 PM
When was the last time you could say "the first place overall Riders"? Time to start looking into Grey Cup tickets-Riders look to be the team of destiny. Can't lose even when outplayed. Green is the color, football is the game....!

rouxel
09-04-2007, 04:52 PM
they havnt had home feild advantage sing 1979 or somthing like that. its been along time. i went to stamps stadium today to buy rider tickets and they are already sole out unless u wnat single seets. fortunitly for me i got 6 tickets thro my work. its going to be awsome. probly more green the red is my perdiction.