PDA

View Full Version : Best place in Calgary for Undercoating

GuitaristZ
07-09-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi, I have a 2001 Mazda Protege LX and I have been notified recently of it rusting underneath. I was told to have it undercoated. I am looking for information on places to get it undercoated for the least amount of money for the best work possible.

so far, "the car salon" has the cheapest I believe, so any input on this place would be much appreciated. thank you.

I would also like some recommendations to tint my windows. I just wanted a basic black or whatever tint. I only want to tint my back window, and the side/rear windows. I dont want to spent much, but I want a quality job. thanks!

TeamBestBud
07-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by GuitaristZ
so far, "the car salon" has the cheapest I believe, so any input on this place would be much appreciated. thank you.

;)|

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/147152/the-car-salon-tint--shity-job-and-service-and-now-they-want-more-to-fix-pics/

GuitaristZ
07-09-2007, 02:22 PM
well Ill definately go to icon for tint then...but I think the car salon is the only place in calgary that does "rust check" protection right?
I think I might get the undercoat at the car salon though..their price seems fair.

GuitaristZ
07-09-2007, 02:51 PM
more info...?

aypi
07-09-2007, 04:18 PM
how much will it cost you to get the undercoating done by car salon?

GuitaristZ
07-09-2007, 05:05 PM
I think its only like 130 for the Rust Check treatment

Rust Check Classic - SM. $129.99
MD. $149.99
LG. $169.99

Add Coat & Protect SM. $ 39.99
MD. $ 59.99
LG. $ 69.99

yeah...I will probably get the coat and protect or whatever. sounds ok I guess

Orbie
07-09-2007, 05:18 PM
Before you go to the Car Salon, call Sean at Hyatt Detail

http://hyattdetail.com/

They do perform the services you are looking for but I'm not sure what the prices are. I can vouch for the quality of work and level of service though :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They may match or beat the prices you are receiving from Car Salon.

GuitaristZ
07-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Well guess what...the dudes at the car saloon wouldnt undercoat my car...

on my mazda protege, there isnt much rust at all underneat. The only thing really rusting is the oil pan, and really only one end of it, but the rust in that area is severe enough that I must undercoat or else I will have to replace the oil pan (which is very small).

The guys at the car salon would undercoat the car with the rust check treatment, but would not do the oil pan because it would be "too smelly". :werd:

What a bunch of babies :rofl:

Im going to check out hyatt man, thanks! I appreciate the help guys, im new to all this. Im definately not going to go to this auto salon place ever again...im going to Icon for my tints ;)

sneek
07-09-2007, 06:54 PM
Even though I am not a huge fan of TCS, I am guessing they didn't want to do it because an undercoat done wrong will accelerate the rusting process.

Sean at Hyatt is an awesome guy. I think he is still the detail manager, but I am not sure. I do know that he is awesome to deal with :):)

GuitaristZ
07-09-2007, 07:54 PM
well...is there stuff I need to do before undercoating?