PDA

View Full Version : No longer a Carline Fan...

v2kai
07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
i'm a returning customer to carline. they did my EF's full 2 1/4 straight pipe w/res and install on my ansa axle back for about 240 bucks and they did a bang up job and re adjusted for me a few times too. i also brought em a few buddies and all was well

however the story with my EG is a little different. to be fair i didnt give them an easy task, as i had an Apexi WS2 catback on that didnt fit properly and i wanted the stock cat out for a 2 1/4 res keeping the flanges and straighten things out a bit so everything fit. the quote was a little high for my liking initially 191 something but i figured they did a great job on my last wheels...it's worth the dosh. i got in a bit late so it took the better part of the afternoon, and i got to see the work shaping up with a few tack welds in place...seemed all good.

i was choked about the price still so i busted their balls a little and they did budge for me a bit to 180 basically and said it should have been 197...so a little higher now than what i was initially told. but i was picking it up so i really didnt care tooooo much(didnt want to be a huge pain in the ass). the car sounded great and i was just happy to get it back, so off to the wash i went. while cleaning i noticed the res on the WS2 was hanging quite low and seeing as i'm lowering my car in a short while i could forsee this was probably a problem i'd face later. so i took it right back...and they basically said , cant be fixed, it'd take a lot of magic to make it work...and basically what's done is done, thanks thats it thats all. i've worked on many cars, my own and others and i've got a fair bit of knowledge at least to say i'm not completely stupid and i know what i want done, can be done.

i want my exhaust done right...i'm already quite a chunk over my budget for what i was intending to spend and now i still get to redo it....and forked over a large chunk of change for a mediocre job. no more carline for me.:thumbsdow

i've searched and seen that revhard and jason lange are the guys to get it done right so i'm hoping they can help me tweak things up a bit. i'll be posting pics later as i'm late for work and my boss'll be pissed

overall, just a very disappointing experience. i know they put a lot of work into what is there now, but its not done properly, and i'm sure if this was one of the guy's cars that worked there....that would be unacceptable...

EK 2.0
07-10-2007, 09:54 PM
I have been a carline customer for years thanks to the referrals of Cocoabrova here on beyond. Enough times in fact that the N.E. location now knows me by name and lets me drive Hollie onto the rack myself haha...

I am sure carline will still me my ass for certain things because they are great for quick or emergency jobs that no one else has ever been willing to take on.

Having said all that, Jason Lange is my new best welder friend haha...His work is top notch and hes just a swell guy...

ca18det240sx
07-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Jason Lange FTMFW....hes a miracle worker. Hes doing this exhaust on a 350z twin turbo setup right now....all i have to say is, let that exhaust make your decision....he will do a perfect job for you.

IntegraG2
07-11-2007, 12:05 AM
sorry to hear about that doug. hopefully you find cheap way to get it fixed.

v2kai
07-11-2007, 03:57 AM
thanks les....yea i was so pumped for the WS2 and now its turning into such a pain....slowly slowly getting there

i'm gonna talk to the older guys there i know a little better and hopefully we can get it fixed....bottoming out is not cool

pics to come

inline6turbo
07-11-2007, 04:27 AM
Yea I had a similar incident.
Brought my first skyline there in 05', full straight pipe made and installed from turbo back, 240$, was very happy with the job.
But i went back a couple weeks ago with my GTR, brought my own downpipes and test pipe with me. Got them to hoist it up to assess the job, they quoted me 150$. I nearly choked. To undo 6 bolts, take the old pipe off, put new one on and put in six bolts?? They said something about the second turbo bolt being extremely hard to get at. So i took it home and after we had her all hoisted up, took about 30 mins to get the whole thing installed.... was the most simple thing i've ever had to do. Extremely happy I didn'y pay 150$ to have it installed.
I'm a little disappointed in them, it seemed they just didn't want my business... :thumbsdow

lowryder99
07-11-2007, 10:17 AM
I can't beleive you guys are complaining over 150-190 dollar exhaust jobs. These guys do gotta run a business you know, they probably arn't making a ton of money at all after doing these piddly little jobs.

I dunno, I could see if we were talking 1000 dollar systems here but in Edmonton it seems all the shops quote way more money to do the simplest of jobs.

I couldnt even get a muffler welded on with a turn down at the end for less than 200 bucks.

euro_racer
07-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by lowryder99
I can't beleive you guys are complaining over 150-190 dollar exhaust jobs. These guys do gotta run a business you know, they probably arn't making a ton of money at all after doing these piddly little jobs.

I dunno, I could see if we were talking 1000 dollar systems here but in Edmonton it seems all the shops quote way more money to do the simplest of jobs.

I couldnt even get a muffler welded on with a turn down at the end for less than 200 bucks.
:thumbsup: :werd:

anything under 200 for exhaust work is cheappp...getting a fart can welded on is like 130-140 ish :whocares:

carline by chinook is still good in my books for emergency repairs :thumbsup:

vtec
07-11-2007, 06:15 PM
^^ the matter of fact is that he paid them to do a job and they didn't do it right, bottom line. Doesn't matter if he paid $180 or $50. They quoted him that price for what he wanted done, and he didn't get that.

frozenrice
07-11-2007, 06:27 PM
....is this another "blame the labour shortage" story? With all this crap about labour shortages, I'm noticing that no matter where you go, the service you get just plain sucks. I call it the "Diva" syndrom, the dumb farts don't want to do something - they don't have to. If they have to, they'll simply walk and go work next door for the same dollar. The concept of taking pride and integrity in your work has totally gone out the window. I'm disappointed to hear about Carline as they have more than once proved themselves to be one of the better businesses to deal with. Not just to myself but obviously to others as well. G/L on getting it sorted out.