PDA

View Full Version : Class 6 motorcyle test - I've taken the course already

facetious
07-10-2007, 05:18 PM
Hi,

So here is my problem. I am looking to take my class 6 test. Last year I took the motorcycle course from the Calgary Safety Council and passed both the course as well as my class 6 test. The problem is that I never went in to make it official and getting the class 6 added to my license permanently. Now, a little over a year later, the permit saying I have passed my class 6 has expired. I was hoping to buy a bike sometime this summer and obviously will need my class 6.

Does anyone know of a place that will course test motorcycle licenses and provide the bike as well without having to enroll in an entire 20 hour course?

I would prefer to do a course test (I have my class 5) because I am worried that I would mess up with the signalling or something that would cause me to fail on a road test. Weekends do not work at all, so I don't even know if I could use either Too Cool's or the CSC's bikes. Nor do I want to pay $400 or more just to be able to take the test. I have a few friends that ride, but either I don't want to use their bikes for a test, or they don't want let me use their bike. So where can I go to get an easy to ride bike and be course tested? So any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MikeHL
07-10-2007, 07:10 PM
I think too cool will let you do it. Better to call them to make sure tho.

TomcoPDR
07-11-2007, 11:16 PM
I went through the company that rent SAIT's parking lot (couple years ago though)... during our test, there was this one customer/rider that just came in to do their test and rent the company's bike.

Foothills Driving I believe.

Barlow
07-12-2007, 12:40 AM
CSC, should let you step in one of their classes as well if its just for the test.

Give them a call, they are an excellent company, and i am sure would have no problem with you taking the test through them if you have proof you took the course with them as well.

civicman
09-15-2007, 03:28 PM
There's a place in the Se in forestlawn area off 8 ave se. I took my class 6 there the will rent you a bike and give you a brush up course then you go out with the guy that will test you. So you pretty much pass the course I think I payed like $135 the bike they use is a joke to operate it fully automatic I think it was a 400cc honda. Might want to check it out I am a class one truck driver. So I wanted my class 6 so I could get a bike myself hope this will help you out..

Graham_A_M
09-15-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by civicman
There's a place in the Se in forestlawn area off 8 ave se. I took my class 6 there the will rent you a bike and give you a brush up course then you go out with the guy that will test you. So you pretty much pass the course I think I payed like $135 the bike they use is a joke to operate it fully automatic I think it was a 400cc honda. Might want to check it out I am a class one truck driver. So I wanted my class 6 so I could get a bike myself hope this will help you out..
Yeah thats the same course this friend of mine took, it was hilarious, getting on the bike, he said
"man this clutch sure is stiff"
"oh thats the parking brake"
"what?"
"its an automatic"
"dammit"

:clap: :clap:

Palmiros
11-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M

Yeah thats the same course this friend of mine took, it was hilarious, getting on the bike, he said
"man this clutch sure is stiff"
"oh thats the parking brake"
"what?"
"its an automatic"
"dammit"

:clap: :clap:

whats that place called?

Graham_A_M
11-17-2007, 06:51 PM
Some place in the NE around Temple or Rundle I believe, I'll ask him when I see him tommorow. :thumbsup:

endo
11-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Try Fast Trac Riding Academy as well...they're down by Race City.

http://www.fasttracsafetytraining.com/

Rui M
12-06-2007, 12:31 AM
I had my bike plated and insured without my beginners or class 6. Never rode a bike before, 2 weeks practice i passed my class 6 test with a 2006 GSXR-750 lol, SQUID!!!

Don't take a course on how to ride a bike, that is a waste unless it is track school.

benyl
12-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Rui M
I had my bike plated and insured without my beginners or class 6. Never rode a bike before, 2 weeks practice i passed my class 6 test with a 2006 GSXR-750 lol, SQUID!!!

Don't take a course on how to ride a bike, that is a waste unless it is track school.

Don't listen to this SQUID.

Graham_A_M
12-06-2007, 01:58 PM

you can handle a 750 eh? wow :rolleyes: I guess that means your not a squid like all of us 600 riders. :thumbsup:

Through these courses on how to ride a bike, you learn the fundamentals of safe riding techiniques, which in turn keep squids like yourself alive on the road for years and years to come.
Some of the things are pretty much common sense, but I think everybody knows common sense isn't too common.

Even though you may think you know everything (as about 90% of the n00bs that just hopped on a bike earlier in the season seem to always think), there are always little tips and good things to know that can really refreshen your good driving habits. Also under instruction, if you have any bad habits of any sort, chances are they'll notice them there... rather then years go by and the bad habits are damn near impossible to fix. Most courses cost $130-200, and they can then become priceless if the collision avoidance techniques you learn through them: save you from some catastrophic accident.

Splooge
12-19-2007, 05:28 PM

whaaa? i found the the course really informative. best money i've spent in awhile.

asifka
03-07-2008, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Some place in the NE around Temple or Rundle I believe, I'll ask him when I see him tommorow. :thumbsup:

did you find out.

civicman
03-07-2008, 05:10 AM
Yha you said it it's a whole different world when your on a bike out in the traffic in this city......I drive extended length to Edmonton every night 5 days a week and back to Calgary and thats bad enough driving a big truck but on a bike is very different world out there. It's in your best Interest to take a course and learn the little things that can help you out in a situation you may get yourself into somewhere along the line's it will pay off.... Trust me because I experienced it first hand last years riding season and from what they taught me it did pay off because I may not be here right now writeing this if it didn't. I had a guy cut me off on 52nd st se he didn't even see me and from what I learned in the course I put into action and it did pay off for me and now I'm still here Thank god...But otherwise stay safe and happy rideng to all the other riders out there.....

old&slow
03-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Don't take the course and don't wear your helmet!
Both are a waste!!:D :eek: :banghead: :rofl:

civicman
03-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Here is place I went through

Crosscity Driver testing
car/motorcycle/bus Rentals
they arrange brush up lessons and full courses
open 7 days a week
# 403-248-8378
forest heights plaza

asifka
03-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Here is place I went through

Crosscity Driver testing
car/motorcycle/bus Rentals
they arrange brush up lessons and full courses
open 7 days a week
# 403-248-8378
forest heights plaza

hey, i went there. i think they shut down coz of construction. there phone is not in service as well. hopefully they will be back asap. So far, Crosscity was the fastest & bit cheaper to get class 6.

places like Fast track riding school charge $300 for 8 hour tranning. $80 for examiner. it wont be done untill april 8th tho. there are couple more places. Same goes for them. No one do brushup courses untill first week of april.

I wanted to just go for

UndrgroundRider
03-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Don't forget to redo the written exam.

If you wait a month or so the Too Cool exam nights will be pretty full. Easy to just show up like you're suppose to be there and write the test.

The instructors at 'A' driving school are also really friendly. For a six pack I'm sure they'll let you hop on the bike and take the test. PM if you want more info, I can hook you up with all of them on facebook if you want.

drox
03-27-2008, 07:17 PM
There's a place in the Se in forestlawn area off 8 ave se. I took my class 6 there the will rent you a bike and give you a brush up course then you go out with the guy that will test you. So you pretty much pass the course I think I payed like $135 the bike they use is a joke to operate it fully automatic I think it was a 400cc honda. Might want to check it out I am a class one truck driver. So I wanted my class 6 so I could get a bike myself hope this will help you out.. Hahah I rode that piece of crap too. The hondamatic!

Graham_A_M
03-27-2008, 07:21 PM
^ Thats the one I meant to update this thread with.

Barlow
03-27-2008, 07:32 PM
if you can't pass this test after the course you don't deserve to ride!

Barlow