PDA

View Full Version : Heavybag Work For Cardio

BrknFngrs
07-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Does anyone here do punching bag work as part of their workout? I'm looking to add cardio back to my workouts again but something other than treadmills/elipitcals/etc.

I figured if I could get a good heavy bag routine that would serve as solid cardio and be more enjoyable. So for someone who has never tried it what should I do to start? How do i go about building a routine? Any other insight? tips?

ZorroAMG
07-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Another great workout that is a ton of fun (for some, if you are good enough to keep a rally going) is either Tennis or Badminton....I've been sweatin my b4llz off on the courts the last couple of days and it a full body work out if you hit rather dynamically.

BrknFngrs
07-11-2007, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Another great workout that is a ton of fun (for some, if you are good enough to keep a rally going) is either Tennis or Badminton....I've been sweatin my b4llz off on the courts the last couple of days and it a full body work out if you hit rather dynamically.

Hmm that would be good, I play tennis already but im more looking for something that I can do where I dont have to schedule time with another person. My schedule is pretty messed up for the next little while.

stevo 27
07-11-2007, 09:20 PM
with the heavy bag basically imagine its a torso
but make the punch light to mid power and very fast
stay intense circle the bag get low go for body shots pop
up face shots switch back and forth go in burst very fast to fast
for 25min for the last 5 start hitting harder wont just be
a cardio workout youll have a full upper body workout

oh and you gotta add the footwork in :thumbsup: