PDA

View Full Version : Intake/check Engine Light Issue Help!!

toomuchb00st
07-11-2007, 03:55 PM
So I just installed a tenzo r cold air intake into my civic. I removed the old stock intake, the only thing I disconnected was the air sensor that plugs into the side of the air filter compartment. I installed the new tenzo intake, reinstalled the air sensor into the side of the new intake, mounted it and it was complete. Now my check engine light comes on, any idea what it could be? Im stumped, im pretty sure it has something to do with the air sensor but I cant seem to figure it out. HELP PLEASE!!

PINOY-X
07-11-2007, 04:01 PM
unplug ur battery for about 10 mins or so and reconnect and it should go away :)

ken-gsr
07-11-2007, 04:09 PM
^ yeah, it is your sensor. Hopefully that will clear it. Otherwize when you took the sensor out, moisture could have got into it and now will have to be replaced. Hopefully not though.

toomuchb00st
07-11-2007, 05:10 PM
no im pretty sure there no moisture even came near the sensor. i will try the battery thing, if that does not work i will just take it to the dealership and have them reset the ecu or wahtever.

Jlude
07-11-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by PINOY-X
unplug ur battery for about 10 mins or so and reconnect and it should go away :)

Same thing happened when I installed the CAI on my prelude... I unplugged the battery for a bit and it went off... unfortunately... My car and some hondas (if you have the stock deck) have a security code (that I didn't know). Keep that in mind.

toomuchb00st
07-12-2007, 01:18 PM
problem solved. thanks again guys.

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-12-2007, 01:50 PM
Good to hear, but for the future, unplugging the battery DOES reset the ecu. Since it's OBD-II you can also take it to autovalue and get it checked there for free.