PDA

View Full Version : retarted driver/ rant

marko polo
07-11-2007, 06:30 PM
I cant believe some people these days. As i was walking into a friends apt. building i noticed a guy trying to parallel park his car in between two cars along Glamis drive when their was obviously not enough room., the man proceeded to try parking his car hitting the cars behind and in front of him numerous times until his car was wedged in between with maybe an inch or two to spare on each side of his car.

This kind of shit drives me crazy, these kind of people are the reason why i have scratches on my bumper. to them it may be just a scratch but when a scratch on my bumper cost more than their whole entire car and they just take off without a care in the world it makes my blood boil.
:guns:.

im so sick of parking in calgary these days, its hard enough to find a spot but when u do u have to worry about asshats like this who dont respect other people's property.

unfortunately my phone died earlier that day so no pics guys sorry

shakalaka
07-11-2007, 08:23 PM
So shouldn't you have taken his license plate number and written a note on the cars he hit, saying that you witnessed the whole thing?

I mean surely the people that got hit would like to know who damaged their cars and drove off.

Amysicle
07-11-2007, 08:24 PM
:werd: And I'm sure you would have appreciated it when it happened to you the several times.

Disoblige
07-11-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka
So shouldn't you have taken his license plate number and written a note on the cars he hit, saying that you witnessed the whole thing?

I mean surely the people that got hit would like to know who damaged their cars and drove off.

:werd: x2

ZMan2k2
07-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I've done it before. The person is very happy when there is someone who did witness an incident stand up for them. For me, I was in my work truck, and I saw a guy in his old, early '90 rusty Ford pick-up pull in behind me. However when he pulled in, he dragged along the side of the minivan that was parked there. Instead of backing up, or moving away, he floors it, dragging the rest of his truck along the side of the minivan, yanking the mirror, headlight, fender, just a bunch of stuff either out of place, or completely off. At first, I tried to locate the owner of the van, but I noticed that the guy was trying to pull away. So I got the plate, left the info on the van and went back to work. The cops contacted me and got a statement from me. They said that it was definitely the guy who caused the damage to the minivan, and he wouldn't open the door for the cops, even though the truck was there.

Doesn't take much, and I know the owners of the cars that were hit would have appreciated it.

shakalaka
07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
^Yea exactly, I mean I would have done the same thing. I realize that legally you are not bound to do such things, but someone who is a good samaritan, should always feel obliged to do such things.

stevo 27
07-11-2007, 08:53 PM
and you never know maybe one of the owners of the cars
might be a super hot blonde who would like to thank you ;)

frozenrice
07-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Not that I condone what the guy did, but he was probably pissed because people don't know how to properly space their vehicles when parking on the street. Sometimes it's as bad and no different than people who park in two stalls at the mall. What the guy did wasn't right, but in his mind he was probably trying to make a point.

Euro_Trash
07-11-2007, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Not that I condone what the guy did, but he was probably pissed because people don't know how to properly space their vehicles when parking on the street. Sometimes it's as bad and no different than people who park in two stalls at the mall. What the guy did wasn't right, but in his mind he was probably trying to make a point.

What if a Smart car or miata or something was parked there before? They would have been spaced fine

01RedDX
07-11-2007, 10:18 PM

frozenrice
07-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Good point.

GTS Jeff
07-11-2007, 10:41 PM

Oi, come on now "bloke" isn't that how all the ol' chaps in Britain park?

em2ab
07-11-2007, 10:41 PM
I've never seen this done as often as in Calgary. I've never seen it anywhere else.

But I can understand why he did it and I can also provide an argument for it. That's what the bumper is for and that's why the Canadian Automobile whatever association requires that the vehicle sustain minimal damage when hit on the bumper in the 5 mile per hour test (or 8, whatever). So basically he's hitting them at a lower speed than that and knows they're made to not be damaged.

HOWEVER! There's also the issue of it ruining the paint which really only people like us get upset about. And I completely take your side and would be pissed if someone did this to my car. I'm simply providing abstract thought and a case scenario as to how he may be thinking when doing that.

TomcoPDR
07-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Not to sound like an ass, but I think it depends on WHERE the driver is from.

10 years ago, my parents took us to Montreal and they do this type of practice, using the "bump"er like it literlaterly is, to BUMP back and forth until they get into the parking space. This was lunch time downtown Montreal, people walking by didn't seems to be "Ohhhhh, ahhhhhh, wtf" about it. Then you walk down then street and pretty much EVERY front and back bumper on every vehicle with plastic covers are scratched up and gouged.

Not being discriminating here so ppl from Montreal correct me if I'm wrong (I saw this 6 days out of the week we were there people parallel parking like this). I understand it's probably the lack of road-to-car ratio that everyone grow to the understanding of this "slow bump" parking practice as long as it's not wham, smack high speed type of bump... Kinda sad that we have to see that in Calgary though.

:thumbsdow

DuPont
07-11-2007, 11:33 PM
^^LOL... "Drive by feel"

OP: Was the the car an old white Golf? I went down that street last night, and saw one parked like a shithead.

403Gemini
07-12-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

10 years ago, my parents took us to Montreal and they do this type of practice, using the "bump"er like it literlaterly is, to BUMP back and forth until they get into the parking space. This was lunch time downtown Montreal, people walking by didn't seems to be "Ohhhhh, ahhhhhh, wtf" about it. Then you walk down then street and pretty much EVERY front and back bumper on every vehicle with plastic covers are scratched up and gouged.

Not being discriminating here so ppl from Montreal correct me if I'm wrong (I saw this 6 days out of the week we were there people parallel parking like this). I understand it's probably the lack of road-to-car ratio that everyone grow to the understanding of this "slow bump" parking practice as long as it's not wham, smack high speed type of bump... Kinda sad that we have to see that in Calgary though.

Id be kicked out of montreal for starting fights... lol

marko polo
07-12-2007, 01:14 AM

I informed boardwalk security and they checked it out. the guy that was driving parks there everyday so he aint gonna get away if their is any real damages.

marko polo
07-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by DuPont
^^LOL... "Drive by feel"

OP: Was the the car an old white Golf? I went down that street last night, and saw one parked like a shithead.

its a green older pontiac grand prix

97'Scort
07-12-2007, 10:43 AM
I noticed a shiny new ding on my rear bumper the other day. Woe to the driver who has boston green paint on their bumper in my parkade...:whipped:

iexp
07-12-2007, 10:56 AM
x2 of what TomcoPDR says...I visited a friend in Montreal back in 87 or 88 and almost every one parked like that... there were a lot of streets that the cars were all parked "bumper to bumper", literally. I've even seen a few that the rear ends got "wedged" up by the car behind them... eye opening to say the least :eek:

SilverGS
07-12-2007, 12:10 PM
He needs to learn how to park like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5LtjCsRp2I

stevo 27
07-12-2007, 08:04 PM
that was sweet

crazedmodder
07-13-2007, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

My brother used to do it. . .the douchebag. I see a lot of cars that are parked like that too, I've never seen it actually happening but I see a lot of cars that are just parked there with their bumpers touching.

bignerd
07-16-2007, 02:24 AM
Once I was walking down a street in Victoria, and this guy is parallell parking his car while his wife is standing on the sidewalk. She is standing, facing the car and he is backing in. He continued to back into the car behind him all the while his wife is standing there and says nothing, didn't even move. Wtf? Maybe she was blind?