PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Civic Si and Integra

CCM Pro
07-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Hello all I am buying a car right away (as soon as I find a good one I like) and am considering the following: a 94-97 teg or 93-97 civic si. What I am wondering is what is major difference between Si and EX models and what do you guys recommend? I was also toying with a 95 era Golf GTI. Whatever I get must have a/c and would like (but not dealbreaker) power options and sunroof.

Any thoughts please let me know...thanks!

rc2002
07-12-2007, 01:01 PM
Teg is your best bet if you want A/C. Just about all of them came with air conditioning. You're getting a lot more car for just a marginal increase in price if you buy an integra versus a civic.

bobby_lu
07-12-2007, 01:05 PM
At that year the SI was only in coupe.

The EX was only in sedan...the generation is 92-95 or 96-00 so your years are a bit off.

SI had an extra 20hp (125hp) and vtec and a couple other things. Only the really fully loaded ones of that year will have a/c for sure (ex-v, si-g etc.) so richard chan is right, maybe better off with integra if youre ok with the hatch and less space.

CCM Pro
07-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Ya I like the hatch actually and it seems the tegs are on average 750 or so higher than an Si which is OK...I found one in Ed. a red 94 teg but an RS...still has air with 205K for 5G obo...I really want to stay under 6500 MAX...i also saw a 95 VW GTI with 150K fully loaded for 6G obo and it seems nice.

adam c
07-12-2007, 01:14 PM
what is ur price limit?

eur0
07-12-2007, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by CCM Pro
I really want to stay under 6500 MAX

Doozer
07-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I had a '92 Teg that I bought in 1998, and sold last year. It had 305,000kms on it when I sold it, and still had most of the original parts.

A few things had to be replaced (the rad was actually replaced TWICE while I owned the car), but it was pretty reliable, and durable as hell. My Honda experience was pretty good, and since they're both Hondas, I don't think you'd go wrong with either one. But I'm a little partial to the teggys...

Speed_69
07-12-2007, 01:44 PM
I use to own a 98 Civic Si and it was a great little car. Great on gas, comes with all power options including sunroof, abs, a/c, etc.. and the SOHC VTEC engine w/ 127hp. Integra comes w/ a non VTEC 140hp engine which isn't that much more in power and you can come by a 98 civic si for less then 6500 if you look around. I miss driving the civic even though it completely lacked power but both the teggy and civic would be good choices IMO. The only integra trim I would get though is the GS though as it includes all power options and sunroof. (not including the GSR or type r)

LilDrunkenSmurf
07-12-2007, 01:48 PM
I would get the GTI...

But if it were between the civic/teg I would deff get the teg.

QuasarCav
07-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
I use to own a 98 Civic Si and it was a great little car. Great on gas, comes with all power options including sunroof, abs, a/c, etc.. and the SOHC VTEC engine w/ 127hp. Integra comes w/ a non VTEC 140hp engine which isn't that much more in power and you can come by a 98 civic si for less then 6500 if you look around. I miss driving the civic even though it completely lacked power but both the teggy and civic would be good choices IMO. The only integra trim I would get though is the GS though as it includes all power options and sunroof. (not including the GSR or type r)

The difference in feel between a D16Y8 and a B18A/B is huge. With an Integra you get a much nicer interior and seats, the aftermarket is around the same but the B18 responds well to bolt ons. I've owned two G2 Integras so I'm a little bias but the Integra does not feel as 'economy car' as the Civic.

aram1000
07-12-2007, 02:02 PM
I currently drive a 97 civic SI and its a great little car, good on gas, most SI's that I have seen come with AC, but if I could I would have an integra instead, the interior is better quality and I prefer the B18b motor, but either car is good and are pretty reliable as long as you take care of them

cityhunter2501
07-12-2007, 03:26 PM
another vote for the integra.

I previously owned a 94 Civic SI and now have a 94 Integra RS w/ B16A2 engine on.

aesthetically both interior and exterior Integra looks better as it has a more aggressive look than a Civic.

differences/similarities between civic and integra I owned:
-on both car I can fit up to 5 people
-integra has driver airbag whereas civic has driver and passenger
-integra has no sunroof, civic does
-integra has power windows, civic doesn't
-integra has no cruise control, civic has
-integra has a/c, civic doesn't

either way you can't go wrong if you are just planning to use it as daily ride.