PDA

View Full Version : Esso 'free carwash' promotion nightmare

GREENBOY
07-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Don't know if anyone else has had problems with this. I went to the vic park station where they have big signs on the pumps and around the place saying 'if we don't ask you if you want a car wash we'll give you a free luxury wash'. Sounds simple eh.

So I go in and pay for gas and she doesn't ask me. So I say, 'you didn't ask me if I wanted a car wash, so I'll have a free one please'. She totally freaks out and acts like I'm a total bastard for asking and starts telling me how she was serving ten people and was really over-the-top agressive/defensive. It was crazy. I said 'this is your promotion, I'm just doing what the signs tell me to do' and I actually felt shitty now as she was taking it so personally. I thought it was just a light-hearted promotion, but she took it so badly, like I was saying she was bad at her job or something.

Anyway, she slams a ticket for the wash in front of me. I go through it and it's only the shitty quick wash and my car is still dirty. So, after plucking up the courage, I go back in and tell her she gave me the wrong wash and point out on the reciept she only gave me a quick wash, not the luxury one promised by Esso....she then gets all arsey again and tells me I can't have the luxury one! I think she only gave me the quick one to piss me off cos I'd asked for a free wash. I walked away stunned.

THIS PROMOTION SUCKS!!!

Anyone else had this happen?

JRSC00LUDE
07-13-2007, 11:40 AM
Even though it's so incredibly petty, I'd call the manager and demand my free luxury wash just because of the bitch factor. :rofl:

edit - and I wouldn't even use it, nothing but wand wash for my car!

JGerke
07-13-2007, 11:40 AM
wow, I can't beleive you went in and asked for the lux wash...thats greasy

bobby_lu
07-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by JGerke

LOL, dude the sign says free Luxury Wash

Well now that I know what this promotion is, Ill go in an use the Speedpass next time, cuz the machine outside always asks :rofl:

GREENBOY
07-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by JGerke

I admit, half of me felt a bit cheap going back in, but the other half was pissed off at the whole bad experience. And remember, I wasn't doing anything other than what the promotion told me to do! I was trying to be nice about it too...I wasn't nasty or anything.

2BLUE
07-13-2007, 12:11 PM
If it was 2-4-1- gas you would do it so why not for a car wash.

Good for you man...but you should have freaked on her :thumbsup:

Have a good one~!

QuasarCav
07-13-2007, 12:21 PM
I'm make that bitch wash my car with her overstreched sweaty t-shirt.

E-thugggggggggggggggggin

TegLover
07-13-2007, 12:30 PM
hahaha thats awesome man, especially going back to ask for a lux car wash LOL, you should call the manager and make it a piss off competition b/w you and the bitch.

GREENBOY
07-13-2007, 12:36 PM
I feel like Michael Douglas in 'Falling Down' - I just want what they promised me! Is that too much to ask? Like it's not bad enough getting shafted by their gas prices, they do this! I imagine this woman's manager would not be happy if they knew what happened. The promotion is obviously to make sure Esso employees ask EVERYONE if they want a car wash so Esso sell more washes and make more money - she must just be pissed off with herself that she forgot to ask. That's not my problem though. Bastards.

PINOY-X
07-13-2007, 12:37 PM
BAHAHA pwned ... dats awesome ... i would do the same .. why post a promotion and not do it ... good job:thumbsup:

BrknFngrs
07-13-2007, 12:52 PM
you should go back in and stomp your feet and hold your breath until she gives in :rofl: :rofl:

Disoblige
07-13-2007, 01:20 PM
OMG.. I go fill up at the Vic. Esso always. I never fuel up anywhere else and the people there NEVER asked me. I swear, at least 20 times I filled up and nothing. Woo free washes

ninjak84
07-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
I'm make that bitch wash my car with her overstreched sweaty t-shirt.

E-thugggggggggggggggggin

haha :rofl:

88CRXGUY
07-14-2007, 09:27 AM
haha thats funny. Better hope she isn't 5'4, 300 pounds and has a mustache lol. That ain't thugin, thats just nasty lol.

DayGlow
07-14-2007, 11:21 AM
she's pissy probably because the wash will come out of her wages.

I remember way back in the day when I worked for Turbo where someones fillup was free if you didn't wash their front and rear window. As a 16 year old gas jockey if I forgot because I was too busy filling all the cars it came out of my wage. Sucked huge.

JordanEG6
07-14-2007, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by GREENBOY

I admit, half of me felt a bit cheap going back in, but the other half was pissed off at the whole bad experience. And remember, I wasn't doing anything other than what the promotion told me to do! I was trying to be nice about it too...I wasn't nasty or anything.

:werd: dude its the principle, not the car wash. And I'd also do it to piss her off some more hahaha

lewdvig
07-14-2007, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

I remember way back in the day when I worked for Turbo where someones fillup was free if you didn't wash their front and rear window. As a 16 year old gas jockey if I forgot because I was too busy filling all the cars it came out of my wage. Sucked huge.

She should sue ESSO then. I think that is a serious violation of her rights as a worker.

creeper
07-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Even though it's so incredibly petty, I'd call the manager and demand my free luxury wash just because of the bitch factor. :rofl:

edit - and I wouldn't even use it, nothing but wand wash for my car!

I would also call the manager and get a freebie. It's their promotion.

And as for it coming out of her wages - isn't that illegal? If I was employed by a place that even suggested that I would walk out and drive straight to the labour board's office.

gatorade
07-14-2007, 03:14 PM
If she works at esso, I doubt she has the time and money to sue them.

Hakkola
07-14-2007, 05:32 PM
As a 16 year old gas jockey if I forgot because I was too busy filling all the cars it came out of my wage. Sucked huge.

Wow that sucks man. From the way she reacted it sounds like that could be the case, but with the labour shortage being what it is, I'm amazed anyone would allow their employer to treat them like that.

bobby_lu
07-14-2007, 05:42 PM

LOL I highly doubt that would be the case now...maybe if it was after a few, and for a lux wash it would be like a whole hours wage lol.

Possible though.

GREENBOY
07-14-2007, 06:53 PM
I'm sure it wouldn't come out of her wage either - that's why I had no probs doing it - it's an Esso promotion and would be funded by them. I wouldn't have gone along with it if I thought she'd be in trouble over it. I just want my free fucking luxury car wash! :banghead:

Gainsbarre
07-15-2007, 01:02 AM
LOL I could have sworn that I saw the sign in question at the Vic Park Esso just a few days ago...I went by there again today and the sign looks to be gone...