PDA

View Full Version : mounting a/f guage in steering wheel?

finboy
06-21-2003, 09:27 PM
i have seen it done before but does anyone have more details?

i have a grant steering wheel, and just happened to have my A/F meter sitting around, turns out it slides right in where the horn should be, but what do i do about wiring? i was thinking just leave a lot of cable so when the steering wheel turns there is a lot of slack so it won't catch or tear the wire.

ideas? :dunno:

)v(ortal
06-22-2003, 09:58 PM
hmm u know know those wires that got liek the twist in them like... hmm those REAL big shoe lasses that kids get and there all liek curley and wavy, get somethin liek that but a wire and dont bother feedin it through ur wheel just outside of it.... it dont look bad and plus it will look like you have those shifters in ur steering wheel

-danny

p.s thats watt i would do if i did that...

tegdream
06-22-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by )v(ortal
hmm u know know those wires that got liek the twist in them like... hmm those REAL big shoe lasses that kids get and there all liek curley and wavy, get somethin liek that but a wire and dont bother feedin it through ur wheel just outside of it.... it dont look bad and plus it will look like you have those shifters in ur steering wheel

-danny

p.s thats watt i would do if i did that...

i think he means like coil type deal

)v(ortal
06-22-2003, 10:27 PM
yes thats the stuff i think? but ya that way it still looks clean and it adds a style to ur ride!!

-danny

finboy
06-23-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by )v(ortal
yes thats the stuff i think? but ya that way it still looks clean and it adds a style to ur ride!!

-danny

good option, thnx

)v(ortal
06-23-2003, 09:28 PM
np!!

-danny

ryder_23
06-23-2003, 09:33 PM
Have u wired the A/F meter? what kinda car is it? Cause it would be pretty easy to wire, just like u'd wire a horn..i dont know where to connect the a/f meter, but i could get the wires to where u need it

finboy
06-23-2003, 09:51 PM
its not the wiring that is hard, the only hard part is figuring how to mount it so wires don't twist and break, problem now solved ;).

ramminghard
06-23-2003, 10:19 PM
post a pic of the guage when its done

finboy
06-23-2003, 11:06 PM
will do, hopefully soon, still need a garage though :(

boost guage will be mounted on the steering column, should look quite nice and no one will be able to tell i have guages w/o looking closely ;)

)v(ortal
06-25-2003, 08:44 PM
good lcuk with your gauge!!!

-danny

post pics wen done!!! this one i wana see if, sounds tight!!

ecstasy_civic
06-28-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by finboy
will do, hopefully soon, still need a garage though :(

boost guage will be mounted on the steering column, should look quite nice and no one will be able to tell i have guages w/o looking closely ;)

you can use my garage if your installing the A/F lol:rofl:

shadowz
06-28-2003, 01:38 PM
Heres a pic of it done, this guy did it a while ago

http://www.onlineshowoff.com/images/cars/65/churchinterior2.jpg

ecstasy_civic
06-28-2003, 01:40 PM
wooo crazy

finboy
06-29-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by shadowz

that is exactly the look i want. any more info???

finboy
07-05-2003, 10:05 PM
bump

Redlyne_mr2
07-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by shadowz

Hehe that gucci interior is soooooo gay...back to the af gauge, shouldt be that hard, trace a circle in the middle, use a jigsaw or bring it too a machine shop to have them cut the hole, place the af gauge wire in some wire loom to avoid tangles,your steering wheel only turns so much when driving so play around with wiring positions

SinisterProbeGt
07-06-2003, 10:58 PM
no no no all you have to do is use the existing wireing for your horn and use that as your wire to the back of the af gauge as for power for elumation that another story all by its self.