PDA

View Full Version : wisdom teeth

dave101
07-14-2007, 08:02 AM
anybody know how long the pain is supposed to last? its driving me insane:banghead: the vicodin script they gave me are the whopping 5mg pills. I was hoping at least the 7.5's. shitty. and i dont wanna have to buy some more, but i guess i will have to depending on how much longer this pain lasts. lemme know

justincalgary
07-14-2007, 08:42 AM
Not sure how bad you teeth were to rip out, but I wasn't in pain at all. My one buddy thought he was dying but it only lasted a day for him.

dave101
07-14-2007, 09:02 AM
hmm, my question may not be answerable then. the day i got them out wasnt too bad, but the second day(today) is being a bitch

Doozer
07-14-2007, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by dave101
hmm, my question may not be answerable then. the day i got them out wasnt too bad, but the second day(today) is being a bitch

I had all 4 of mine out last year, and the pain was bad for a couple days. After that it started getting better, but it was probably at least a week that I had to be pretty careful what I ate, so as not to open up the wounds again.

toyboy88
07-14-2007, 11:03 AM
First day I got them out the pain wasn't that bad yet.
The main "pain" for me lasted till about the 3rd day.
Minor bruising/discoloration started the day after, went away after another couple days.
Swelling of the jaw lasted for about a good 8-10 days, until my jaw was back to normal.

Note: All four taken out at once.

UniquE WhiP
07-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Well i just got mine pulled on thursday and other then the first day ive been doing great.... the vicodan is working well and since they werent positioned to bad in the begining the outcome is alot better for me.

But most likely the pain will last you a week, that is normal for most people but my pain may be going away in a few days.

Recca168
07-16-2007, 11:40 AM
i had 2 taken out a few years ago i remember the pain lasting 3 or 4 days. After that i could open my mouth properly for a week. Have to go get one more taken out next week :banghead: :banghead:

PINOY-X
07-16-2007, 11:45 AM
when i got mine out (3) .. the pain wasnt really dat bad my jaw locked up for about 4 days ... and all i had was T3's and i just took those so half of the time i was mostly asleep ... and i jsut ate soup not too hot not too cold and jello!! ahahah

jdmXSI
07-16-2007, 12:07 PM
A girl that i work with had her wisdom teeth ripped out a couple of weeks ago and she still is in pain. The dentist who did it took out a huge chunk of her bone in her mouth!:guns: Now she has a continuous nasel drip. I hope this didnt happen to you! Get it checked out if it dosen't go away in a week or so.

Prolifique
07-22-2007, 12:19 AM
I got all four of my WTeeth pulled out last Sept, the swelling was ridiculous, but i took T3s for the pain, and all was good. The pain lasted around 2 1/2 weeks.
G'luck
Pro's GF
edit: also, a good thing to do, is to drink warm chicken and other watery soups, and to drink lots of liquids.
Watch out for the TMJ problems too.

The Cosworth
07-22-2007, 12:45 AM
I haven't needed to have mine out yet, but knowing that this is a hard question to answer. My mom worked in a dental office for 11 years and she got hers pulled, sat in the back room for an hour and went back to work, my dad had his pulled and he was out for probably 10 days

and yes my parents were young when they had me