PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions About U of C + HS Transcripts

toyboy88
07-14-2007, 10:58 AM
So I am just about to send in my official Alberta transcript to the U of C to confirm my grades for Fall 2007 entrance.

1) The main question I have is when I send it in, do I have to mark down myself which 5 courses I have chosen to use to calculate my average? If so where do I write it down? Or do they pick out the best ones for you?

2) Also once I send in my transcript, how long does it take to confirm that I FOR SURE have been "confirmed"? Do they send you a letter stating they have got your transcript and that your in?

Thanks for reading! Thorough, clear responses will be much appreciated.

Cheers. :)

sweeks
07-14-2007, 11:07 AM
I believe they have to been sent directly from Alberta Education. http://www.education.gov.ab.ca/learning/studentservices/transcripts/

Also the 5 classes are a standard set thet the U uses for everyone. (english, math, social studies, science, something)

toyboy88
07-14-2007, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by sweeks
I believe they have to been sent directly from Alberta Education. http://www.education.gov.ab.ca/learning/studentservices/transcripts/

Also the 5 classes are a standard set thet the U uses for everyone. (english, math, social studies, science, something)

Yes thanks for the quick reply.

That is where I am sending it from with the "Request for Official Transcripts" form.

As for the courses for business...I know it says you have to use English 30-1, Pure Math 30, but then it says one subject from group a/b, one from b/c/d, and one from group b/c/d.

So the last 3 how do I indicate which ones I am using, or do they automatically find the highest ones for you off your transcript?

trieu
07-14-2007, 01:16 PM
If you got early registration I think that you were supposed to write down what courses you used and the marks in them, then when you send the transcript in they just look at those.

De Dutch
07-23-2007, 04:25 PM
They will take the appropriate courses from your transcript. If there is more than one that may be used, they will use the one with the highest grade %.

infected
07-23-2007, 06:16 PM
1) Deadline is Aug1,07. They will pick 5 courses that will give you the highest average.

2) It took about 10 business days for Alberta Ed to send my transcript over to UC. You should get a formal admission letter from UC if all goes well.