PDA

View Full Version : *Rant* Women only giving half the details.

spikerS
07-14-2007, 02:45 PM
Well, she is lucky she is my wife....

my wife and her friend decide that they are going to have a girl's weekend and go camping without the guys. Great, I can have a few friends over to the house, drink, play poker, sleep in ect. The girls left last night, and I told them to have fun and call me in an emergency.

I got the call about 6:45 last night. i see my wife calling, and answer the phone. she tells me they had an accident with the car and on the side of the road. before I can get many details, she says she will call me back....

I goto my boss, and get off of work early, and start driving off towards Sundre as they are camping at westward Ho.

Thankfully just after i get out of the city limits, she calls me back, and I get the full details. No, they were not in an "accident". the accident was that the car had broken down. *insert big sigh of relief*. I pull over since i now know this is no longer an emergency.

I start asking the girls what happened and quickly diaganose the problem as being with the coolant system. smoke was pouring out from under the hood, and the engine temp was high. after talking with them for about 45 mins, yes it took them that long as neither of them have any clue about how a car works under the hood. find out that they blew a good 6"x2.5" piece of the radiator out.

now by this time i have turned the car back around, and headed back into calgary to start hunting down a Radiator, and finally found one.

Start heading out there to fix the damn car at 6:15am and arrive by 7:25am. had the car fixed and back up and running by 9:30 am. back to calgary by 10:50, shower and such and at work for noon.

you all have no idea how tired i am right now, as the heat would not let me sleep last night either.

ok, i am done.

theken
07-14-2007, 02:51 PM
woman are dumb like that, if they would have told u right away were smoking and its overheating you probably could have saved a day of work

Supa Dexta
07-14-2007, 02:54 PM
So they were camping or not?

spikerS
07-14-2007, 02:56 PM
yeah they were camping. car was stuck on the side of the road INSIDE the campground.

Tik-Tok
07-14-2007, 10:23 PM
Tell your wife she owes you a three-some with her friend for saving them.

Graham_A_M
07-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Tell your wife she owes you a three-some with her friend for saving them.

:werd: :angel:

TeamBestBud
07-14-2007, 10:28 PM
Half the details eh...you finally found out shes a tranny?

;)

Edit: He's a tranny

Edit: It's a tranny

shakalaka
07-15-2007, 11:44 AM
Shit that sucks man! But at least you can look forward to hanging out with your buddies and relax.

403Gemini
07-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Your wife got you out of work early and you get a relaxing weekend, i dont see the downside? sure you had to do a bit of grunt labor and its a lot of running around, but lets face it, its better than work ;)

spikerS
07-15-2007, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
Your wife got you out of work early and you get a relaxing weekend, i dont see the downside? sure you had to do a bit of grunt labor and its a lot of running around, but lets face it, its better than work ;)

true, just worried the hell out of me till the second phone call and i finally got ALL the details.