PDA

View Full Version : I need to gain weight

UniquE WhiP
07-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Yes i do need to gain weight im almost 18 and im about 6'2" 135 and im way to skinny. I one need to gain weight and hopefully muscle mass somewhere in there. My only problem is im really lazy and id have to get into a routine that i could stay commited to. Any suggestions like how many meals i should eat or time periods of eating or protein shakes or good weight gaining food will help me. Thanks.

Darkane
07-15-2007, 09:02 PM
Lazy is not an excuse. Eat EVERYTHING.

with your body type (Extreme Ectomorphic) you just need to focus on food and training but not over training. Eat eat eat.

People who thing they eat a lot eat like chicks lol. Log onto Fitday.com and fill in a typical week of food and go from there. Get 2x per pound of bodyweight Grams of protein. In your case 270G and depending on the Fitday numbers I'd say you might have to increase to 4500-5000Kcal a day.

www.t-nation.com - Amazing resource.

ercchry
07-15-2007, 09:10 PM
damn your from the states it cant be hard at all to put on weight, all that deep fried shit...

and your large mc dicks is our super sized :nut:

UniquE WhiP
07-15-2007, 09:13 PM
ok thanks, one of my problems is sometimes i cant truly feel when im full or not. like my stomach and my mind juust dont work together when i eat its kinda weird. But im just gonna have to buckle down and eat more, im thinking bagles and peanut butter to help??...

Darkane
07-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by UniquE WhiP
ok thanks, one of my problems is sometimes i cant truly feel when im full or not. like my stomach and my mind juust dont work together when i eat its kinda weird. But im just gonna have to buckle down and eat more, im thinking bagles and peanut butter to help??...

Whole wheat pasta, LOTS of oats, Fruit/veggies All you can eat all the time (always have an apple or banana in hand), Eggs, Meats, fish. Eat as much cleanly as you can.

If this still doesn't work which is doubtfull if you eat enough, eat calorie dense foods like fastfood. Go get a Carl's JR double 6 dollar burger and CHUG IT.

:whipped:

EDIT: Don't eat fast food to REPLACE clean foods, only eat fast foods as a level breaker. Saturated and Trans fats are deadly for you. Drink a gallon of milk a day too.

ercchry
07-15-2007, 09:17 PM
well if i was in philly i would just be eatting philly cheese steak sandwiches 4 or 5 times a day :drool:

and with peanut butter, and bagels it sounds good tons of protein and carbs

FiveFreshFish
Eat and have a good weight training program. Don't be the skinny guy with a spare tire.

UniquE WhiP
alright well i just got my wisdom teeth pulled so im loosing weight so hopefully once i can eat again i think this will all give me the drive to gain weight.

Darkane
07-15-2007, 09:21 PM
alright well i just got my wisdom teeth pulled so im loosing weight so hopefully once i can eat again i think this will all give me the drive to gain weight.

Lol, you buy a tub of weight gainer and drink whey shakes. You can get lots of calories while not eating solid food.

FYI, If you think a thread on the internet is going to Motivate you to gain weight, you don't want it for yourself. When you want it you will do it.

natejj
07-15-2007, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Eat and have a good weight training program. Don't be the skinny guy with a spare tire.

Represent!

LongCity
07-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Dang... 135lbs is a good weight for someone who's 5'5" -5'7".

UniquE WhiP
07-15-2007, 09:23 PM
^ yea and im 6'2"

240SX17
07-15-2007, 09:30 PM
135lb 5'7" is me, and i hate it! im starting to eat more, i have whey protein i drink it when i wake up and when i go to bed, i eat like 2000cals a day, in a week i gained close to 5 pounds ( now im 135 lol) good luck man im in the same boat... kinda

Hakkola
07-15-2007, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by 240SX17
135lb 5'7" is me, and i hate it! im starting to eat more, i have whey protein i drink it when i wake up and when i go to bed, i eat like 2000cals a day, in a week i gained close to 5 pounds ( now im 135 lol) good luck man im in the same boat... kinda

Two years ago I was 6'2, 140, I ate a lot, started going to the gym and started eating healthier, not more calories, just real food instead of junk. I gained 25 pounds in about 4 months. You say you're lazy, and that might be true, but if you make the effort to go to the gym a couple days in a row, you could get addicted. There were days when I would go to the gym twice, and 8 or 9 times a week. Once you get into a routine you get more energy and you'll want to go to the gym more.

Get a membership or start doing push ups and bicep curls at home with chairs or buckets of paint or whatever you can find if you don't have weights.

A couple months ago I hit 180, now I'm back down to about 172 or so since school is out and I haven't been going to the gym as much and eating as much. I feel great, just hit the gym, you're tiny, you will make HUGE gains.

240SX17
07-15-2007, 09:42 PM
oh ya lol and i do push ups and bicep curls.. DRINK LOTS OF WATERRRR

GTS Jeff
07-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by Darkane
Eat EVERYTHING.

Yes.

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Yes. Yes.

oh ya lol and i do push ups and bicep curls..

NO.

You want to do real exercises that punish your whole body hard. Working your tiny biceps and doing a few puny pushups won't do shit. Start with bench, deadlifts, and squats. Add in weighted dips, military press, and a variety of pullups. A hard 1hr workout with punishing compound movements will make you hungry for the next 48 hours. Feed yourself as much as you can and you'll be making good gains. If you're that deathly skinny, then you should make some really good n00b gains. You might not notice anything in the first month, but keep the shit up and you'll notice changes soon enough. With a body like that, it'll be tough to be 200+ lbs unless you have no life and devote every waking moment to bulking...but if you stay consistent with eating and working out, the gains will slowly come.

Darkane
07-16-2007, 12:46 AM

Don't take whey at night unless you take it with Casein or another slow digesting protein. Whey is absorbed into the body to fast for a night time protein. Save the whey for pre and post workout and eat cottage cheeseor something like that before bed. Also man 2000kcals a day is nothing. You want to gain? At your size you could do 3500kcals a day with 250G protein or more. Try it for 6 weeks and see what happens.

Darkane
07-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff

Yes.

Yes. Yes.

NO.

You want to do real exercises that punish your whole body hard. Working your tiny biceps and doing a few puny pushups won't do shit. Start with bench, deadlifts, and squats. Add in weighted dips, military press, and a variety of pullups. A hard 1hr workout with punishing compound movements will make you hungry for the next 48 hours. Feed yourself as much as you can and you'll be making good gains. If you're that deathly skinny, then you should make some really good n00b gains. You might not notice anything in the first month, but keep the shit up and you'll notice changes soon enough. With a body like that, it'll be tough to be 200+ lbs unless you have no life and devote every waking moment to bulking...but if you stay consistent with eating and working out, the gains will slowly come.

100% correct. Why would you train biceps for mass gain? Deads work 70-80% of TOTAL lean body mass.

ZorroAMG
07-16-2007, 12:53 AM
Yeah, like Darkdane said.

I use a time release 8-10hr protein shake before bed to absorb and deal with it properly as I sleep and a regular whey for post workout and supplementation. There is also meal replacements with carbs and protein if you want to gain....

Do cardio too, of course.

GTS Jeff
07-16-2007, 01:17 AM
And yeah, another thing about eating's importance. I've been slacking on eating properly for the past couple months (life has been busy) but I've still been going to the gym. My strength gains are still moving up just as fast, but my weight has stayed the same. It's kinda cool to be stronger than some way bigger people at the gym, but at the same time...it kinda sucks. So eat.

wintonyk
07-16-2007, 01:38 AM
eat so you are always full. that will ensure you consume enough. stay away from fast foods and junk food b/c they are very simple carbs and being a hardgainer your body will shoot through them and not gain. Eat whole grains and brown rice. Those will help stick some meat to your body.

Also eating every 2-3 hours will keep your blood sugar level constant so that your body will always be taking fresh food for energy allowing anything it can to repair muscles.

Someone thats 135 should be eating at least 3500 kcal per day.

Also bust ass at the gym. You should feel your workout the next morning. That will ensure the greatest gains. If your are continually sore more then 3 days after a workout that is when you risk overtraining, or pulled muscles

pinoyhero
07-16-2007, 05:55 AM
THe program I swear by is Max-OT for putting on weight. BUt as many have said ... EAT! Try to eat relatively clean but choose to eat poorer foods over eating nothinhg. Eatig is like training its not easy at first, you have to really eat intense and it will come more natural.

KRyn
07-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Weight gainer, and heavy ass lifting.
Bench, Deadlifts, Squat, Dips, Chins

kertejud
07-16-2007, 02:44 PM
If you think something is too healthy, rub it against a piece of paper. If the paper turns clear, its your window to weight gain.

Oh, and eat around the banana, its just empty vitamins.

CLiVE
07-16-2007, 03:12 PM
Yes i do need to gain weight im almost 18 and im about 6'2" 135 and im way to skinny.

I was in the same boat at your age. I was ~140 6'0.
It will take time. Part of it was getting older, but by age 22/23 I was 205lbs (not overweight/no gut). Basically ate clean foods, but everything in sight. If you don't know what you're doing, get a experienced personal trainer that will create a program for you.

bobby_lu
07-16-2007, 03:55 PM
Hey. I'll donate some to you. I could afford to drop about 20

em2ab
07-16-2007, 04:17 PM
i do need to gain weight

My only problem is im really lazy

uhhhhhh......whaaaaa? :confused:

First off don't do anything. I was the same way when I was 17. Just wait a year or two and you'll gain weight, guaranteed.

mdeluxe
07-25-2007, 09:12 AM
look into some high carb protien

Rahil
07-26-2007, 11:19 AM
I'm 5'10" and I weigh 110-115lbs. I'm in the same boat as you. I eat frequently, and I always eat until I'm full. I eat breakfast, I eat healthy, I eat fruits, and I have 1 glass of milk per day.

Also, my stomach seems to grow as the day goes on. For example, in the morning, I'll eat a small bowl of cereal and I'm full. For lunch I can eat a little more, a pizza slice and a drink and I'm full. Then for dinner, I can eat a shitload.

EDIT: What's your take on weight gainers?

FlamingC19
07-26-2007, 12:06 PM
Weight gainer is sweet, I've gone on it for the past week and have gained close to 5 pounds. You have to be working out hard though or else it will turn straight into fat. I believe the weight gainer Im taking has 1300 calories per shake:eek:

TVG
07-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Guranteed most of what you gained was fat no matter how hard you are working out. You can't gain 5 pounds of muscle in a week even on a very heavy roid cycle.

If you naturally have visible abs without working out or watching your diet, your insulin sensitivity/carb tolerance is pretty good, so weight gainers would be useful. The average person will gain a ton of fat on them.

What you can also do is buy the weight gainer, but use it as a PWO drink. That's the best time to drink it because you are way less likely to store fat after a work out. But guys taking it all day...damn man so stupid. Everyone I know who has takin it according to the directions (3x a day or whatever) has gained some muscle, but also a huge GUT lol.

My best advice to you would be to get some food in your house and start eating. Something should always be available to eat. I found for the first year of bodybuilding I did have to force myself. I was eating meals in bed before turning off my light - and I do not have a fast metabolism. The appetite for good food on many young guys is just too weak. It eventually gets easier.

If you want to get hardcore, B12 injections do work, and even more hardcore, there is a peptide called GHRP-6 that causes your body to produce more growth hormone which in turn vastly increase Ghrelin (appetite hormone). You actually have to eat on this because I've heard of guys passing out from low blood sugar.

gorilla*goggles
07-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Anadrol 50, a pill a day a pound a day. Forces you too eat like a nutcase too! No acne and free of organ issues, all you need is 1-2 cycles of it and its out of your system and you've gained 30 pounds in 100 days :)

TVG
07-26-2007, 01:14 PM
Lol a pound of water and fat from all the estrogen maybe.

KRyn
07-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Anadrol 50, a pill a day a pound a day. Forces you too eat like a nutcase too! No acne and free of organ issues, all you need is 1-2 cycles of it and its out of your system and you've gained 30 pounds in 100 days

I seriously hope you are joking.. If not you are an idiot.

slick2404
07-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
THe program I swear by is Max-OT for putting on weight. BUt as many have said ... EAT! Try to eat relatively clean but choose to eat poorer foods over eating nothinhg. Eatig is like training its not easy at first, you have to really eat intense and it will come more natural.

http://www.discussbodybuilding.com/downloads/Max-OT.zip

:thumbsup:

Darkane
07-26-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by scotty_69
Weight gainer is sweet, I've gone on it for the past week and have gained close to 5 pounds. You have to be working out hard though or else it will turn straight into fat. I believe the weight gainer Im taking has 1300 calories per shake:eek:

Lol no you didn't. 1G of carbs will also draw 3G of water. You gained water weight.

alloroc
07-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Does Wendy's have the Baconator in the USA?

Add a couple of those a day to what you are already eating in addition to some quinoa - if you can find it. (pronounced keenwa) Its a great food for bulking up.

TVG
07-27-2007, 09:19 AM
You can get quinoa at superstore actually. So much better than rice.

KRyn
07-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Dirty Bulking FTW! :thumbsup:

alloroc
07-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by TVG

Cool

Its WAY better than rice. All rice has is carbs. Quinoa is the full meal deal with a full compliment of proteins.

kerry
07-28-2007, 02:06 PM
ROOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDZZZZZZ BAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYBBBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

ROOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

But seriously.

Good diet (eating 3 bigger meals and 2 smaller snacks, lots of protein and good carbs)
as well as a "mass gain" routine for the gym. If you want to get on some supplements
then start with protein and a Nitric supp like Xpand or Noxplode. If you're crazy
you can always do creatine but make sure to drink LOTS of water if you do.

Good luck buddy.

If you want super good advice listen to whatever Darkane says, he's actually on of the
few on here that know what's goin on.

Hakkola
07-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by kerry
If you're crazy you can always do creatine but make sure to drink LOTS of water if you do.

You have to be crazy to use Creatine?

mdeleon
07-28-2007, 05:10 PM
noxplode and xpand is creatine

kerry
07-29-2007, 11:00 AM
There isn't creatine in noxplode but there is some in Xpand. Nowhere near
as much as doing creatine on it's own. I used a full tub of Xpand and the
creatine didn't really make a difference in myself. Switched to noxplode just
yesterday.

Some people I've seen using creatine had SHITTY side effects when they didn't
drink much water. Personally I'd use it because anything in moderation is
okay.

slick2404
07-29-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by TVG

where can you find it there? I asked around and got some blank stares

Hakkola
07-29-2007, 02:54 PM

Some people I've seen using creatine had SHITTY side effects when they didn't
drink much water. Personally I'd use it because anything in moderation is
okay.

Well, there's no real use in taking it if you don't drink a lot of water, because from what I understand it is mostly water retention.

I've used Creatine a few cycles now, it is pretty good, and I haven't had any bad side effects.

kerry
07-29-2007, 10:00 PM
The people that had shitty side effects didn't drink enough water.I've seen
people drop from 185 to 160 between cycles and then back up. That's, again,
if you don't know what you're doing.

slick2404
07-30-2007, 07:28 PM
what is a proper creatine cycle look like

mdeleon
07-30-2007, 09:36 PM
i've been cycling no-xplode for a while now, from xpand as well. i always considered it a creatine since it provides the same results, and IMO, not as much water retention as xpand. bsn considers no-xplode as a creatine since the word can be found on the container, but im guessing that you're talking about "creatine ethyl ester malate" which is found in bsn's post-workout creatine called "cellmass." you might have guessed already, that no-xplode is considered their pre-workout creatine. i stacked both and have seen good results. but imo, you dont need it to gain weight. if you're consistant with your diet, exercise, and rest. it's all you need, creatine is just extra help. the only supplements i would actually use if i just wanted to gain weight would be multi-vitamins (Animal Pak) and Protein (Allmax quickmass/cyto sport muscle juice).

TVG
07-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by slick2404

where can you find it there? I asked around and got some blank stares

It's in the bulk bins. Does depend on the superstore. I found it in country hills, but not the sunridge one.

kerry
07-31-2007, 07:43 PM
LOL
I'm staying out of this one.

mdeluxe
08-03-2007, 12:55 PM
If you're crazy
you can always do creatine but make sure to drink LOTS of water if you do.

Originally posted by Hakkola

You have to be crazy to use Creatine?

lol it looks like it

theres alot worse stuff out there then creatine, Creatine is at the bottem of the list of "CRAZY" supplements

Kritafo
08-10-2007, 06:52 PM
you can buy organic quinoa at some of the co-ops as well.....so much better for you than rice.

JAYMEZ
08-10-2007, 07:09 PM
Wierd I have never heard of creatine being used in a cycle... I just use it for a little energy pump.

BrknFngrs
08-10-2007, 09:40 PM
When they are talking cycling with Creatine they are usually referring to the Creatine monohydrate which they do recommend that you cycle to avoid kidney (possibly liver, cant remember) damage. With the monohydrate you do need to take in a shit load of water to avoid damage as well.

I cycled the monohydrate when I was playing football in highschool and had really good results, I had alot more energy. In terms of risk, a friend of mine had "accute kidney (or liver, always mix up the two) damage" while he was taking it, the doctors linked it to the use of the monohydrate. Only issues I had was on days that I did not drink alot of water (4+ litres a day), I would get very bad headaches.

I'm currently using NO-Explode and the results are good (not as good as the monohydrate) but I have no side effects at all with explode

murd4
08-12-2007, 12:50 AM
wat would you suggest is a good protein supplement?