PDA

View Full Version : drinking

90accord
07-16-2007, 01:01 AM
How long does it take for alcohol to be undetectable from a breathalizer? just curious to know.

sorry, if you drink one beer.

grrrouch
07-16-2007, 01:26 AM
one drink per hour. a shot or a beer is = to one drink

90accord
07-16-2007, 01:27 AM
so you mean to say if im 200 lbs and i drank one beer in 1 hour i would pass a breath test clearly?

suen17
07-16-2007, 01:30 AM
who cares? don't plan to drink and drive.

90accord
07-16-2007, 01:31 AM
well im under the gay gdl thing and i cant have any alcohol in my breath when driving im wondering more about the morning after?

grrrouch
07-16-2007, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by 90accord
so you mean to say if im 200 lbs and i drank one beer in 1 hour i would pass a breath test clearly?

yes, you can have more than one beer and pass "the test".
if you talking about having 0 alcohol for the beathalizer, the rule is 1 drink per hour.

GTS Jeff
07-16-2007, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by 90accord
well im under the gay gdl thing and i cant have any alcohol in my breath when driving im wondering more about the morning after? Do you REALLY need that one beer dude? As someone that loves driving, I would never risk losing my license over a single beer.

grrrouch
07-16-2007, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Do you REALLY need that one beer dude? As someone that loves driving, I would never risk losing my license over a single beer.

word

and as you can tell by what i drive I did that exact mistake :guns:

90accord
07-16-2007, 03:18 AM
sure it is nice to sit down and drink a cold beer on a hot day or after a long day of work. im not saying i wanna do that and then go driving, what im saying is i want to know how long it is b4 the breathalizer wont detect it not because im trying to drink and drive, because i like to drive, and i wont drive if im going to have the chance of losing my licsence.

Team_Mclaren
07-16-2007, 03:40 AM
then dont drink . <-- period
simple as that.

or dont drive even when you've had one beer. since you are on GDL, and you love to drive, dont risk it at all.

GREENBOY
07-16-2007, 09:53 AM
There is no set limit you can drink and then know for sure if you'll pass a breath test...you could have eaten plenty of food beforehand and pass a test after two pints or you could have one pint and fail if you hadn't eaten as much. It depends on loads of different factors and is changeable. You can't tell if you'll pass until you do it and find out the hard way. Is it worth it?

Mitsu3000gt
07-16-2007, 10:52 AM
If your that worried about it, A) don't drink or B) buy one of those portable breathalizers that tell you what your BAL is exactly, and you'll always know.

bobby_lu
07-16-2007, 10:59 AM
http://www.tuckermax.com/archives/entries/date/the_famous_sushi_pants_story.phtml#277

jdmXSI
07-16-2007, 11:29 AM
A good guidline would be one drink per hour. Depending on your tolerance and if you are under/over weight. they would be able to tell if you have had a drink, especially if they gave you a breath-alizer.
The ratings have changed slightly
0.00%-0.06% (will show as any of the numbers)
0.061%-0.099% (you get an "A", with an option to challange or 24 hour suspension)
0.1+ your ass hauld off to jail!

Best thing is just dont drink and drive! you'll save a ton of dough too!

codetrap
07-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by bobby_lu
http://www.tuckermax.com/archives/entries/date/the_famous_sushi_pants_story.phtml#277

1:24: I can't find my pants. ~~~ My last clear memory.

8:15am: I wake up. I don't know where I am. It is very hot. I am sweating horribly. It smells like rotting flesh.

hahahaha.. that was too funny.

AD_Runner
07-16-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by suen17
who cares? don't plan to drink and drive.

:werd:

em2ab
07-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Why don't you just buy a breathalizer? That way you don't risk it, just blow into it before you leave. My friends' mom had one, it was a nightmare trying to get away with drinking there.

Tik-Tok
07-16-2007, 04:19 PM
I don't PLAN on murdering someone, but if I did, you know, just a hooker or something, in the heat of the moment... how long before I get caught?

Oh, and the AVERAGE for a 175lbs male, is 1 drink per hour, for someone who drinks minimally, on a regular basis. Everyone varies. My friend has given up liquor for 1 year, and when that year is up, I can bet you $50, his 230lbs ass is gonna get wasted off 3 beer.

bosanel
07-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Go buy a 24 pack of beer, go home, drink it all in half an hour, grab yer keys and go drifting in your truck!!! IS AWSOMEEEE! YEEEEHHH...

Anel.

Eleanor
07-17-2007, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I don't PLAN on murdering someone, but if I did, you know, just a hooker or something, in the heat of the moment... how long before I get caught?

:rofl: sig material there

freakystyley_73
07-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Have you noticed that the limited GDL licenses don't even say that they are limited on them anymore? As long as you have under .8 you should be okay, but then again those GDL licenses are designed because new drivers generally aren't strong enough drivers to handle any liquor when operating a vehicle, so... just play it safe and don't drink and drive.

Tik-Tok
07-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by freakystyley_73
Have you noticed that the limited GDL licenses don't even say that they are limited on them anymore? As long as you have under .8 you should be okay,

According to the ICBC site...

Restrictions:I can drive anywhere, anytime, provided I follow these rules:• “N” sign: My “N” (novice) sign must be displayed at the back of the car.• Zero blood alcohol content.• Limit of 1 passenger: I am limited to one passenger unless I have a supervisor 25 or older with a valid driver’s licence (Class 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5). This restriction doesn’t apply to immediate family members. Prohibitions:All GLP drivers may be prohibited from driving if they • violate a program restriction (such as carrying an extra passenger), or • break a traffic law (such as speeding).GLP drivers may be prohibited for as few as four penalty points. Your first prohibition may be a month, and each subsequent prohibition may be longer than the last one. After your licence is reinstated, your 24-month novice stage will start over from the beginning. This licence will expire in 2 years.

suen17
07-17-2007, 11:17 PM

According to the ICBC site...

*snip*

That's in BC. We don't have those novice/learners magnets in Alberta. :rofl:

but yeah, in Alberta, at the GDL level, there is also a zero tolerance for DIU. Your license will be suspended for a month, 'tis all.

ercchry
07-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by grrrouch
one drink per hour. a shot or a beer is = to one drink

no 1oz. of booze is LESS than a 355ml beer

jay42w8
07-18-2007, 12:07 AM
since when the fuck would ANYONE fail a breathalyser on one drink? wtf? correct me if I'm wrong here, but wouldn't you have to be like, 50 pounds or something, lol....

ercchry
07-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by jay42w8
since when the fuck would ANYONE fail a breathalyser on one drink? wtf? correct me if I'm wrong here, but wouldn't you have to be like, 50 pounds or something, lol....

please keep up with current events (well not even current) before you look even dumber, hell all you had to do is read a few posts up and you would know that you would fail it if you were a gdl driver

eur0
07-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by ercchry

no 1oz. of booze is LESS than a 355ml beer

Side note, are bar shots 1 or 1.5oz?

ricefarmer
07-18-2007, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by eur0

most are 1oz, in the states they are 2.

ercchry
07-18-2007, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by eur0

well that would depend which bar, cowboys i would say about .4oz. haha fuckin watered down and small glasses...

jay42w8
07-19-2007, 06:37 PM

please keep up with current events (well not even current) before you look even dumber, hell all you had to do is read a few posts up and you would know that you would fail it if you were a gdl driver

ohhh haha...sorry, didn't realize you were a kid...I feel sorry for you guys, can't even have one drink

kdwebber
07-19-2007, 09:56 PM
this whole thread is ridiculous. You guys serioulsy don't drive after one drink? :bullshit:

Tik-Tok
07-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by kdwebber
this whole thread is ridiculous. You guys serioulsy don't drive after one drink? :bullshit:

1 drink per hour, and no I haven't broken that rule in 8 years.

ercchry
07-19-2007, 11:02 PM

if i go to the pub for an evening i have maybe 2 pints and thats it, if i am the dd for a night at the bar then i have about 3 drinks from about 10:30 till 2 and thoughs are bottles, if some girl buys me one of those stupid shot that they shooter girls sell then i may also have one of thoses but just because its free and a half shot

i think the only real problem i have is when i am at a house party and drink hard that night and sleep there and drive home in the morning not knowing if im clear of all booze or not

alloroc
07-20-2007, 08:46 PM

Nope never.
Personally I think the BS is the folks that drive after drinking .. even one drink will effect your reaction time. Is is really worth it? I think not.

kylemitz
07-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Anyone else agree that new cars should have a breathalizer built into it so that you must blow before driving? If the breathalizer detects alchohol is shuts down the engine and you cant drive. It would save alot of lives in my oppinion...

Tik-Tok
07-20-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by kylemitz
Anyone else agree that new cars should have a breathalizer built into it so that you must blow before driving? If the breathalizer detects alchohol is shuts down the engine and you cant drive. It would save alot of lives in my oppinion...

You would then see the same thing I saw my boss do 10 years back, when he was forced to install one in his truck.

"Hey kid! C'mere and breathe into my breathalzyer so I can get home!"

Just think of the money one could make sitting outside the bar waiting for drunk saps to come out, wanting you to start their cars.

googe
07-20-2007, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

Nope never.
Personally I think the BS is the folks that drive after drinking .. even one drink will effect your reaction time. Is is really worth it? I think not.

Educate yourself

85regal
07-20-2007, 11:48 PM
i find driving boring without at least 15 drinks in me...:whocares:

jay42w8
07-23-2007, 12:22 AM

You would then see the same thing I saw my boss do 10 years back, when he was forced to install one in his truck.

&quot;Hey kid! C'mere and breathe into my breathalzyer so I can get home!&quot;

Just think of the money one could make sitting outside the bar waiting for drunk saps to come out, wanting you to start their cars.

simple fix for that would be to just have it so it tests you while driving....anyways...I think more education is needed as to how much EXACTLY one can drink...no one seems to know here and it varies from person to person, I wish I could just go up to an officer and do a course or something and find out exactly how much I can drink to stay under the limit

syeve
07-25-2007, 12:07 PM

De Dutch
07-27-2007, 01:47 PM
If you are a reasonable person there is no reason I can think of that you would either A. Be pulled over after 1 drink for suspicion of drunk driving, or B. Go through a check stop and be suspected of being drunk after 1 beer? So why in the fuck are you worried about 1 or 2 pops then rolling home?

natejj
07-27-2007, 02:02 PM
He's not worried about blowing .08 after 1 drink, gawd, learn to read.

If you turn 16, and get your GDL Licensce, it has 0 tolerance for alcohol. He is asking, if he was 1 beer, how long before he can go driving, so in the chance if he gets pulled over, admits to having that beer, and they give him the breathalyzer, will it show a .01, or how long would he have to wait to show .00.

Dude, theres no flat answer, I think you would be 100% safe after 1-2 hours.