PDA

View Full Version : Crowchild Nosehill Interchange

rage2
07-16-2007, 08:08 AM
Well the new bridge is open. Saved tons of time going to work today... nosehill to crowchild is wicked fast now.

Unfortunately, crowchild back on Nose Hill, not so great. It's going to be nearly a month of gong show from the looks of things before it's open to relieve Sarcee traffic.

Here are the detours and restrictions, and ETA for reopening:

• There will be no access to Nose Hill Drive N.W. from
eastbound Crowchild Trail until Thursday, July 19.

• There will be no access to northbound Nose Hill Drive N.W.
from westbound Crowchild Trail until mid-August. Motorists
can use Sarcee Trail N.W. or Crowfoot Rise.

• There will be no access to westbound Crowchild Trail from
southbound Nose Hill Drive N.W. until fall 2007. Motorists
will be detoured to Crowfoot Way.

Crowfoot is going to be a gongshow... for people from nosehill wanting to get onto crowchild from Nosehill, and people from crowchild westbound (from DT) to get onto nosehill.

Hope none of you go to Crowfoot Honda, because that's where all that traffic is getting redirected!

Lex350
07-16-2007, 08:11 AM
I just drove through that this morning....OMG it was nice not to have to wait in that bullshit!

rage2
07-16-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by rotten42
I just drove through that this morning....OMG it was nice not to have to wait in that bullshit!
Yea, 2 lane turnoff, fast light changes, lots of room to play. I think I cut 5-8 minutes of commute this morning, only took 15 mins to get downtown from Arbour Lake!

Lex350
07-16-2007, 08:36 AM
My commute is usually 40-45 minutes. It only took 30 minutes this morning. I thought that maybe things would be really backed up at 24th and Crow but that was good too.

benyl
07-16-2007, 08:37 AM
Wow, now I can avoid country hills to get to sarcee.

Going to try it tomorrow!

kaput
07-16-2007, 08:48 AM

schocker
07-16-2007, 08:59 AM
I have been waiting oh so long for this change. As for crowfoot way, that is gonig to be a huge mess with everyone using that to get onto crowchild westbound. My secret way to get to crowfoot was always nosehill to crowchild west so i guess i am just going to have to go the normal way now, but hopefully they get the rest of the ramps done soon enough so they dont have such major detours.

bspot
07-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by kaput
It will probably take at least 15 minutes longer to get home though. Don't start singing praise just yet!

What if you are going past Nose Hill though? I'm hoping it will be way better, but I'm a little scared to see how bad Stoney will be. Lots of people turn left there though, so maybe it won't be too bad.

thrasher22
07-16-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm just glad that I don't have do drive through the windy pot hole filled construction detour anymore.
I saved 5-10 min on the drive downtown today!
:thumbsup:

kevie88
07-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Yep, it's awesome.. I got to work 35 minutes early! :D

rage2
07-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Oh man... so out of curiosity, I checked the traffic level from Crowchild Westbound to Crowfoot Rise (where Honda, Ricky's etc is).

First off, the good news. Left at 4:30pm from downtown, got home at 4:45pm. That's right... 15 minutes in rush hour!

The better news... so on crowchild westbound, to get to nosehill south, you have to sit around in the right lane in traffic. The left lane (speed limit 50 in that zone) cruised at 60. Right after the old turnoff, there's a really fun chicane that moves you to the new eastbound lanes. Zero traffic. So you're driving west on the eastbound lanes (at this point, RWD cars turn off traction control), you'll drive past crowfoot rise entrance. Then there's a U-turn that takes you eastbound on the westbound lanes... this U-turn is made for drifting. One lane entry, 3 lane exit :rofl:. So then you're bombing down eastbound on the westbound lanes, and there's a turnoff to Crowfoot Rise.

Seriously, try this detour out before they get rid of it, at night or something... it's so damn fun!

rusich
07-16-2007, 07:11 PM
The excitment of getting that M3 has not wore off yet, has it?

benyl
07-16-2007, 08:04 PM
haha, I drove by it on the way home and was thinking the same thing! hahhaahhahahaha

clem24
07-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Sweet.. Except it sounds like a PITA to make a pit stop in Crowfoot now on the way to Tuscany. I wonder how long it will take them to finish the Crowfoot/Stoney interchange. That thing seems to be moving at a snail's pace...

kaput
07-17-2007, 04:02 PM

slammed_cb7
07-17-2007, 04:28 PM
so the overpass going over crowchild tr is open (nosehill). I am not really feelin like ending up early for work and i am gonna give myself an extra 10 minutes if its open.

bspot
07-17-2007, 04:35 PM
I couldn't believe the difference last night. No traffic at Stoney at all, it's like the overpass magically eats cars. I thought about stopping there last night to have sex with it.

18 minutes to work this morning from Rocky Ridge.

air_mikey
07-17-2007, 04:38 PM
What time do you guys start work at? I want to start plan when to leave my house cuz I don't want to be arriving at work early... lol

modded46
07-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by rotten42

Agreed 100% very nice drive finally. Even better when there are no lights through Stoney Trail either.. All the way from COP to Deerfoot!! Booyah!

modded46
07-18-2007, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by bspot
I couldn't believe the difference last night. No traffic at Stoney at all, it's like the overpass magically eats cars. I thought about stopping there last night to have sex with it.

18 minutes to work this morning from Rocky Ridge.

Took me 20 min to get from Rocky Ridge to 10th Ave & 1st street.. Now part of that is because it's the summer and lot of people are on vacation but still a big improvement over what it was before..

Also, would be nice to see 24th ST get an overpass as well but I don't see that happening anytime soon :)

I start work at about 7:30 and left this morning at 7:00 and had 10 min to spare.

rage2
07-18-2007, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by modded46
Agreed 100% very nice drive finally. Even better when there are no lights through Stoney Trail either.. All the way from COP to Deerfoot!! Booyah!
wtf stoney trail connects to deerfoot now???

modded46
07-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by rage2

wtf stoney trail connects to deerfoot now???

It will someday.. All the way from 16th AVE or C.O.P. to north deerfoot near Balzac..

It will go by the new Costco & Home Depot at spyhill and through Kincora etc..

rage2
07-18-2007, 01:31 PM
It will someday.. All the way from 16th AVE or C.O.P. to north deerfoot near Balzac..

It will go by the new Costco & Home Depot at spyhill and through Kincora etc..
haha ic ic... I thought u meant its open already. And I assumed southbound as well haha. Need a fast way to get to Race City from my house!

bspot
07-20-2007, 12:13 AM

haha ic ic... I thought u meant its open already. And I assumed southbound as well haha. Need a fast way to get to Race City from my house!

The South leg is years away, but the NW leg is actually making pretty good progress. I love all the overpasses seemingly in the middle of nowhere with no roads connecting to them :rofl:

avow
07-20-2007, 12:44 AM
yea the new overpass shaved a good 10 minutes off of my commute the past 2 days. its so nice to not see 5 km of traffic turning onto nose hill and as an added bonus that U-Turn detour to Crowfoot rise is a bast :love: ;)

modded46
07-20-2007, 12:35 PM

No unfortunately not.. :( But being able to get from Rocky Ridge to Deerfoot in all of 5 min will be amazing!!!

clem24
07-20-2007, 01:06 PM

No unfortunately not.. :( But being able to get from Rocky Ridge to Deerfoot in all of 5 min will be amazing!!!

yeah ok... :rolleyes: Don't forget you'll end up at what.. Balzac? And then it's another 10 minutes back into the city?!? Stoney will be nice but it's a HUGE detour if you're heading south. Personally I don't think I'll shave anytime going that route vs. taking Country Hills/Beddington Blvd. On a good day, John Laurie/Mcknight is actually even closer than Country Hills/B. Blvd.

If you're heading south from R.R./Tuscany (where I am), best bet is either Crowchild or down Stoney to Sarcee/Glenmore.

bspot
07-22-2007, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by clem24

yeah ok... :rolleyes: Don't forget you'll end up at what.. Balzac? And then it's another 10 minutes back into the city?!? Stoney will be nice but it's a HUGE detour if you're heading south. Personally I don't think I'll shave anytime going that route vs. taking Country Hills/Beddington Blvd. On a good day, John Laurie/Mcknight is actually even closer than Country Hills/B. Blvd.

If you're heading south from R.R./Tuscany (where I am), best bet is either Crowchild or down Stoney to Sarcee/Glenmore.

Uhhh... the ring road has an interchange at Beddington Trail that is already underway...