PDA

View Full Version : Macbook Pro to TV

bball2
07-16-2007, 10:14 AM
Hey just wondering if anyone knows how I can connect my macbook pro to a tv? It has a dvi input thingy, and I have a dvi to rca cable lying around and tried that out, but all I get are a bunch of purple lines moving back and forth on the tv.

At a certain resolution / refresh rate I can get it to kind of display what's on the macbook (but it only takes up like 10% of the tv, repeating itself, and the colour is really fucked).

Anyways the tv I'm trying to connect to is a Sony Wega HDTV, its around 5 years old.

BrknFngrs
07-16-2007, 10:24 AM
my powerbook shipped with a dvi --> vga adapter and also an s-video --> composite video, all ive ever had to do is plug it in and have it detect the display.

Are you sure you got everything plugged in right on your tv? Maybe try the s-video instead?

Ashers
07-16-2007, 05:18 PM
You will need the special Apple Mini-DVI to Video Adapter... only thing that will work. They're 25 bucks from Apple. Can also get them from MyMacDealer and Westworld Computers in Calgary. Maybe London Drugs too?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/canadastore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=17887CE1&nplm=M9319G/A

Aftrmath0
07-28-2007, 01:56 AM
yes, unfortunatly you will have to deal with the proprietary apple consumer brands in order to accually get what you need from the unit in order to connect it to a TV.