PDA

View Full Version : Need to get my POS 240sx shell towed to scrap..

kevie88
07-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Hey all, I have the remains of my 240sx still in my garage, and I need to get rid of it. The trouble is it now has no wheels/suspension ect so it would be tough to move.. I need a flatdeck to come and winch the carcass on. Any good towing companies you guys know of that can handle this?

Also, where the hell do I take it as scrap metal? Navajo metals?

Oldskool
07-16-2007, 03:14 PM
Give the kidney foundation a call and see if they can take it off your hands, u'll get like a $50 tax receipt. Search for the number by using google.

arian_ma
07-16-2007, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Oldskool
Give the kidney foundation a call and see if they can take it off your hands, u'll get like a $50 tax receipt. Search for the number by using google.

Don't they need the car to be on wheels before they tow it?

Evolize
07-16-2007, 03:33 PM
Kidney and Canadian Cancer Society will not take the vehicle because it is not a complete car. IE: dead motor, dead suspension.

Navajo will take it if you punch the gas tank, and remove the mercury switches (hood / trunk lights)

Weapon_R
07-16-2007, 03:36 PM
Navajo will only take it if you split the gas tank from end to end or remove it completely, remove the catalytic converter, the mercury switches at the front and rear, the spare tire in the trunk, and a couple other things. It's a pain in the ass.

kevie88
07-16-2007, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Navajo will only take it if you split the gas tank from end to end or remove it completely, remove the catalytic converter, the mercury switches at the front and rear, the spare tire in the trunk, and a couple other things. It's a pain in the ass.

Well, it's pretty stripped, I have no mercury switches that I'm aware of in the car. It has no exhaust, no spare tire, pretty much nothing at all.

Weapon I PM'd you about this a day or so ago.. any ideas on where to tow it to? Maybe pick n' pull?

Lo)2enz0
07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
is it tuscany???? sounds like a gold mine for me lol

stevo 27
07-16-2007, 07:48 PM
cut it up with a torch?? the throw it in a pick up