PDA

View Full Version : Sending Alcohol to the USA via post orfice

legendboy
07-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Does anybody know if its illegal to ship a few bottles of beer down to a friend in the usa? I imagine there is some law against it.

If i do and it is illegal can i be charged with something?

Tik-Tok
07-16-2007, 04:14 PM
Publication 52 Hazardous, restricted, &
perishable mail of the United States Postal Service, "Intoxicating liquors having 0.5 percent or more alcoholic content are nonmailable. This includes taxable liquors with 3.2 percent or less alcohol, as well as those obtained under a prescription or as a collector's item. The prohibition of the mailing of intoxicating liquors is contained in federal law (18 U.S.C. 1716).

In fact, it's even illegal for joe average to send liquor WITHIN Canada. All liquor must be sent by someone holding a liquor license, and delivered to someone holding a liquor license.

drew_goring
07-16-2007, 07:51 PM
Not legal, however I have heard of "people" sending it to the US by packing it well, and getting "creative" on the customs declaration.

Pee_Sack
07-16-2007, 07:55 PM
send it, dont put return address, worst that happens is it doesn't make it to the destination.

88CRX
07-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack
worst that happens is it doesn't make it to the destination.

Alcohol abuse!

ercchry
07-16-2007, 08:00 PM
sand logo off of cap and print this and put it on the bottle

http://www.solrio.com/_borders/SSB.ht2.jpg

drew_goring
07-16-2007, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Pee_Sack
send it, dont put return address, worst that happens is it doesn't make it to the destination.

You have to put a return address on the customs declaration.

ZMan2k2
07-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

In fact, it's even illegal for joe average to send liquor WITHIN Canada. All liquor must be sent by someone holding a liquor license, and delivered to someone holding a liquor license.

True. However just today, I delivered a box from the Czech Republic, and right on the customs form it said liquor. That was in English as well, so the customs people can't tell me they couldn't read it. Hell, I'm a delivery-boy and I could read it.

So all I'm saying is, I'm not sure just how strict they are when it comes to things like this.

drew_goring
07-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2

True. However just today, I delivered a box from the Czech Republic, and right on the customs form it said liquor. That was in English as well, so the customs people can't tell me they couldn't read it. Hell, I'm a delivery-boy and I could read it.

So all I'm saying is, I'm not sure just how strict they are when it comes to things like this.

Don't even get me started with customs. Customs is fucked.

craigcd
07-16-2007, 11:41 PM
I sent a well packaged beer to my brother when he was in OZ. Didnt make it like i figured, im sure it exploded at altitude. LOL

Annoyingrob
07-17-2007, 01:44 AM
haha, post orifice.