PDA

View Full Version : Need a job!

bosanel
07-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Kind of disappointed in myself for quitting my last job, I need a job now, any suggestions, I tried papers, internet, driving around for 5 hrs, only applied at a couple of places.

I can do almost anything, not afraid of any kind of job, would prefer a driver/courier job or something in the automotive business.. Anyone know who's hiring?

Thanks

Anel

mikey008
07-16-2007, 06:50 PM
Ever thought about Car Sales?:thumbsup:

bosanel
07-16-2007, 06:54 PM
I did, but most people say that I'll need some sales experience, all my experience includes forklifts, cranes, steel stuff you know. I mean I could try somewhere as a sales trainee... But I still don't know right now :P

Thanks for the hint though :)

Heck right now ill go for anything just to work, this cash aint gonna last long. I would prefer it in SE or NE. Hints anyone?!

Thanks!!

ercchry
07-16-2007, 07:00 PM
come work for my company! we always need people but only if you arnt stupid, there is enough of thoses people here and makes thinks dangerous some times :nut:

yeah so the basics are:

15 an hour to start ($1000 bonus after 1000 hours)
benefits after a month
company phone
company van (after awhile, for the guys that are on call)
there is a lot of driving involved (if you can drive a bigger truck and pull a trailer is bonus)
chance of advancement would be to become a plumber (they pay for school
if you are good at working on cars there is tons of truck that we need to fix as well

job is easy stuff if you have common sense (oh yeah job tittle would be drain tech)
basically you just drive around and do sevice calls for plugged lines and things and some times we have a big project going on. like today i was doing pipe fitting for gas lines and in the past i have done install for hot water tanks and stuff and bunch of random things

cressida_pimpin
07-16-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
come work for my company! we always need people but only if you arnt stupid, there is enough of thoses people here and makes thinks dangerous some times :nut:

yeah so the basics are:

benefits after a month
company phone
there is a lot of driving involved (if you can drive a bigger truck and pull a trailer is bonus)
if you are good at working on cars there is tons of truck that we need to fix as well

job is easy stuff if you have common sense (oh yeah job tittle would be drain tech)
basically you just drive around and do sevice calls for plugged lines and things and some times we have a big project going on. like today i was doing pipe fitting for gas lines and in the past i have done install for hot water tanks and stuff and bunch of random things

what company?

mikey008
07-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by bosanel
I did, but most people say that I'll need some sales experience, all my experience includes forklifts, cranes, steel stuff you know. I mean I could try somewhere as a sales trainee... But I still don't know right now :P

Thanks for the hint though :)

Heck right now ill go for anything just to work, this cash aint gonna last long. I would prefer it in SE or NE. Hints anyone?!

Thanks!!

I right now work for Calgary Honda. And I never had any sales experience at all when they hired me. My experience b4 car sales was restaurant/cook duties! They will provide you with training if you're worried about not having the sales experience.

All I say is that if you like cars and like meeting new ppl...then its worth giving a try! Or you can go for a lot attendant positon! That's even easier!

ercchry
07-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by cressida_pimpin

what company?

cougar technical

sweeks
07-16-2007, 07:42 PM
Go downtown, throw a rock randomly, whoever you hit ask for a job. bet they give you one.

dj_rice
07-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by mikey008

I right now work for Calgary Honda. And I never had any sales experience at all when they hired me. My experience b4 car sales was restaurant/cook duties! They will provide you with training if you're worried about not having the sales experience.

All I say is that if you like cars and like meeting new ppl...then its worth giving a try! Or you can go for a lot attendant positon! That's even easier!

If you dont sell any cars for a month, does that mean Kraft Dinner for awhile?

bosanel
07-16-2007, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

yeah so the basics are:

benefits after a month
company phone

Will I need a van to start with? Which would be a good thing, I have a Windstar sitting in my back yard rotting not being used. Please PM me with more information, like an address and stuff.
Thank you.

Anel

bosanel
07-16-2007, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

If you dont sell any cars for a month, does that mean Kraft Dinner for awhile?

Yeah, does it?
:S

:confused: :drama:

ercchry
07-16-2007, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by bosanel

Will I need a van to start with? Which would be a good thing, I have a Windstar sitting in my back yard rotting not being used. Please PM me with more information, like an address and stuff.
Thank you.

Anel

umm you dont need you own van, just need a way to get to work in the morning!

pm being written now...

johnny0214
07-16-2007, 10:27 PM
UPS was hiring full time truck drivers maybe give them a try?
They are located in the NE.

bosanel
07-16-2007, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by johnny0214
UPS was hiring full time truck drivers maybe give them a try?
They are located in the NE.

Only problem with that is that I'm still a GDL. One more year and maybe I can apply at places like UPS and Direct Driver.

Anel

bigbadboss101
07-17-2007, 06:19 AM
New Honda's sells itself. Was at T & T and thing was almost busy. Lot of Asian buyers.

mikey008
07-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
New Honda's sells itself. Was at T & T and thing was almost busy. Lot of Asian buyers.

Well for the first three months that you're starting off and while they are training you....they give you a guranteed base pay just so that it will help you out! During the first three months, if you sell a car, then even better!

bosanel
07-17-2007, 11:53 AM
I sent them an e-mail with my resume and telling them I love cars and working around cars and im perfect for the job. I'm hoping for a call or email soon here.

Damn do I need a job, I went to pizza places yesterday to do deliveries because i need a job so bad..

Anel

PINOY-X
07-17-2007, 11:58 AM
u need a job dat bad ./.. jsut go apply at a fast food place ... it sucks but if u really need the job ... then a job is a job

brownchild
07-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Napas hiring delivery drivers, and all sales positions.

bosanel
07-17-2007, 05:21 PM
I just applied at Napa for any position through their website, thanks alot bud. I applied at the Northeast area and the foothills area. Let's hope for a phonecall!! Thank you very much my friend.

Anel

modded46
07-18-2007, 11:20 AM
Well last time I checked there are about 300 road projects in the city that aren't getting done because of lack of employees..

Also, when I was at the airport I was told they can't enough people to do baggage unloading & loading so all flights are running late and luggage is going missing as we speak.

Either are probably pretty good paying jobs too.

bosanel
07-18-2007, 07:10 PM
Thanks for all the information guys, I found a job today, thank you so much for all the help, but this is a good post to keep open people need jobs always and its a good page to check really.

THANK YOU
Anel

DC2
07-18-2007, 08:05 PM
^what job did you get?

dj_rice
07-18-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by DC2
^what job did you get?

:werd:

bosanel
07-18-2007, 10:58 PM
Boss Lube warehouse, going in tomorrow. It's down in foothills 30th street just below barlow trail!! :D

Anel

5hift
07-19-2007, 10:00 AM
^^ any details on it?

What kinda work your doing, is it entry level, pay if you dont mind, if they are still hiring.

I'm looking for warehouse work because I need a job that can give me a lot of overtime, but I dont have a lot of warehouse experience and that seems to be the first thing they ask even for entry level jobs.

bosanel
07-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I don't, I can't tell you any information for im just filling up paperwork and safety stuff for the first few days, I will tell you once I can get inside the warehouse and do some work..

Anel