PDA

View Full Version : Fellow driver calls the cops and I recieve a ticket minutes later at my home.

bidaly2
07-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Hi guys this is my first post, but I come to you for your insight and help.

I was coming home from out of town and this guy was going rediculously slow, so i decide to pass him even though it was a double line, it was a long straightaway with no cars in sight. So I proceed to do that and there is a corner wayy up top of the road and a car comes by and probably didn't even notice i passed him (remember that). After I passed him he seemed very upset and started tailgating me. Later on, while he was still tailgating me the road turned into a 4 lane road. And i was driving normally going the speed limit. Then we hit a light and the driver of the truck i passed rolled his window down and called me a "dick" or something, i really couldn't tell, so i fingered him and kept going down the road, but then my passenger being the idiot that he is throws a small piece of cardboard at his truck, missing it, (remember). And as my turn comes up he seems REALLY ticked off now and i turn onto the road i was looking for and he starts hauling ass after me, we hit a light at the crest of a hill and he doesn't know that im at a complete stop and slams on his breaks and starts sliding sideways coming inches away from rear ending me. I pull out of that lane and take a left hand turn at the light, he pulls up to me and says "Your going to be getting a call from the cops you know that right" I was like meh, whatever, i doubt he will call them, and besides he almost caused an accident himself he wouldn't have the balls to do it.

10 Minutes later and RCMP officer comes to my door and asks for "my side" of the story. And issues me a ticket simply because the man said he would take it to court and swear on an oathe.

I kind of watered down my side of the story a bit, because this guy had no proof of anything that occured, it was all hearsay. And i made it clear that the man in the truck was following dangerously close and almost hit my on a number of occaisions.

So I need some advice, do I take this to court, or pay the 196 dollar ticket for basically some guy telling on me for driving badly?

lamp_shade_2000
07-16-2007, 07:37 PM
Why was your passenger throwing cardboard at the truck exactly? That usually does nothing but escalate situations.

ercchry
07-16-2007, 07:38 PM
i would have told the cop i was at home all night, just ask for the guys name and be like oh thats why i fucked his daughter last week and he caught us :D

Darkane
07-16-2007, 07:40 PM
lol, QFT man..

ca18det240sx
07-16-2007, 07:50 PM
just go to court and swear you didnt do it....im sure he "embelished" his side of the story as well. Sounds like a total cock.

but if you had read this before you admitted to being there, yah i would go with " oh hes just mad cuz he caught me balls deep in his daughter"

95EagleAWD
07-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Keep in mind he doesn't actually have to prove it perfectly. He has to prove it beyond reasonable doubt.

And also, FYI, going up there on the stand and lying is a criminal offense. You can go to jail for perjury. Doubt you would, but just a heads up.

You are under oath in court. You're expected, as a duty of your citizenship, to tell the truth.

thrasher22
07-16-2007, 08:04 PM
I'd have denied it from the getgo, what are the odds he was taping it?

Then go key his car and rail his daughter because I'm a good person :D

TomcoPDR
07-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Two things to also consider though...

1. If he was able to get the RCMP (cops) to show up based on your license plates... either he's connected within the small town (you said you were coming from out of town, trust me, I've worked at hail storm sites out in small towns, there ARE "regular looking" guys who actually control and run the entire town, even in this day and age) OR he's a cop himself and called his buddies to show up (he was off-patrol-duty at the time).

2. How hot is his daughter. Post pic plz.

With that in mind, I say at least do some research into your opponent first. (well, in your case I guess you'll be against the crown, but that guy/off-duty cop? will be a key witness FOR the crown)

BigDannyCool
07-16-2007, 09:35 PM
you broke the law twice, what do you expect?

Hemi RT
07-16-2007, 09:48 PM
Did you get the plate number of his vehicle? If you did and the other person in your vehicle can verify that he was tailgating you, just go down to the police station, give them the approximate time and the exact date this happened and charge him with tailgating.

JGerke
07-16-2007, 09:59 PM
If the ticket was larger I would say deny and fight...for how large it is, you might as well just pay and avoid the hassle.

Kobe
07-16-2007, 10:05 PM
All they can give is a registered owner ticket.. which is $402ish i think... or $409 with no demerits..

since they have no proof it was you driving...
in calgary atleast..

Just pay it.. IMO

bidaly2
07-16-2007, 10:10 PM
I also drive a 95 Prelude SR and it has an exhaust and is pretty loud. I guess that doesn't help my case, and here in bc i have my "N" driver license so that doesn't help either, because N Drivers are sterotyped as "bad/dangerous" drivers. Fuck i hate BC's licensing laws, it doesn't prevent dangerous driving at all.

Plus, i already had a 4 month suspension, just got my license back in December, and i was told if i get one speeding ticket i would lose my license again.

What im scared of is getting my license suspended for this incident. The ticket is for "Driving w/o Consideration".

lilmira
07-16-2007, 10:28 PM
What is the ticket for?

LongCity
07-16-2007, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by lilmira
What is the ticket for?

[QUOTE][B]What im scared of is getting my license suspended for this incident. The ticket is for "Driving w/o Consideration".[?b][?QUOTE]

Posted 18 mins before you asked what the ticket was for.

95EagleAWD
07-16-2007, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by bidaly2
I also drive a 95 Prelude SR and it has an exhaust and is pretty loud. I guess that doesn't help my case, and here in bc i have my "N" driver license so that doesn't help either, because N Drivers are sterotyped as "bad/dangerous" drivers. Fuck i hate BC's licensing laws, it doesn't prevent dangerous driving at all.

Plus, i already had a 4 month suspension, just got my license back in December, and i was told if i get one speeding ticket i would lose my license again.

What im scared of is getting my license suspended for this incident. The ticket is for "Driving w/o Consideration".

:rofl:

Sounds like you deserve to lose your license.

GDL at work!!

Tik-Tok
07-16-2007, 10:50 PM
Fuck i hate BC's licensing laws, it doesn't prevent dangerous driving at all.

This thread is proof of that. Double line means don't fucking cross.

I'd make your buddy pay half as you wouldn't have gotten a visit if it wasn't for his retardedness.

lilmira
07-16-2007, 10:51 PM
You are guilty for crossing double solid. I would just pay if I was you. Ask your stupid friend to help you out since this may not have happened had he not been stupid.

You can try to report him tailgating you more than once but it may look a little questionable now, it doesn't hurt trying.

ercchry
07-16-2007, 10:55 PM
fuck if i was on a country road and a truck started following me i would have lost him right away, just fucking pin it and take a few corners quick

too many horror movies start out with a scene like that

Hakkola
07-16-2007, 11:01 PM
i hate BC's licensing laws, it doesn't prevent dangerous driving at all.

Sure it does, the fact that you are going to lose your license proves it.

ZorroAMG
07-16-2007, 11:09 PM
Pay the fine, obey the law and quit bitching FTW.

:rolleyes:

bidaly2
07-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

Sure it does, the fact that you are going to lose your license proves it.

I learned my lesson the first time, i havn't had a ticket in 6 months, i've been driving like a 80 year old grandma since ive gotten it back. Boohoo i passed some piece of shit Dodge Ram and the guy got upset, wtf is wrong with people was he in danger? no, there weren't any other cars AT ALL. The passing lane had just ended there weren't any cars, so i passed the mother fucker. The only reason he caught up to me was because of the fucking traffic a few Km up the road. That pretty much fucked me over.

HPR
07-16-2007, 11:54 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
fuck if i was on a country road and a truck started following me i would have lost him right away, just fucking pin it and take a few corners quick

too many horror movies start out with a scene like that

So true... any suspicious angry character could quite possibly be a serial killer :D

Back on topic though, I would just bite the bullet and pay the fine. It does suck, but the amount of what the ticket is worth, is far less than the hassle of trying to fight it unfortunately.

Too bad you didn't get his plate number. So you could pay him a visit and light his vehicle on fire or something.

Moe Man
07-16-2007, 11:56 PM
hey when the cop came to your door didnt he ask if this was your car, and if you are the only one driving it ?

yes........

so why did you tell him i am the only driver? if you never told him you were driving this would have been an R/O ticket. if it already isnt one.

if it is an R/O ticket then you are safe. just take it to court and tell them you werent driving the car.

JRSC00LUDE
07-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Pay the fine, obey the law and quit bitching FTW.

:rolleyes:

Going to have to agree with that, shitty situation but given the behaviour of your douchebag (er..I mean friend/passenger)you won't win.

Originally posted by LongCity

Keep up the good work Inspector newb. :thumbsup:

Moe Man
07-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by LongCity

[QUOTE][B]What im scared of is getting my license suspended for this incident. The ticket is for "Driving w/o Consideration".[?b][?QUOTE]

it sounds like this guys had a couple of these before

Tik-Tok
07-17-2007, 08:06 AM

Boohoo i passed some piece of shit Dodge Ram and the guy got upset, wtf is wrong with people was he in danger?

I find it ironic THIS (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/555065/speed_warning_advert/) was posting a day before you came here, lol.

If you had "learned your lesson" you wouldn't have passed on a double yellow. Not once in 13 years of driving have I passed on a double solid. Grow up and follow the rules of the road.

Lex350
07-17-2007, 08:16 AM

I learned my lesson the first time, i havn't had a ticket in 6 months, i've been driving like a 80 year old grandma since ive gotten it back. Boohoo i passed some piece of shit Dodge Ram and the guy got upset, wtf is wrong with people was he in danger? no, there weren't any other cars AT ALL. The passing lane had just ended there weren't any cars, so i passed the mother fucker. The only reason he caught up to me was because of the fucking traffic a few Km up the road. That pretty much fucked me over.

wow! no tickets in a whole 6 months. You are the poster boy for restraint.

arian_ma
07-17-2007, 08:22 AM

Dude, not to be rude or anything, but you sound like a very VERY angry person, the way you reacted in this post takes away all credibility from your original story IMO. I believed you when I first read your post, now I think you're full of it and are skipping large parts of the story to make yourself look good.

codetrap
07-17-2007, 08:30 AM

But but but... I guess you really weren't driving like an 80 year old grandma were you? WTF is wrong is that you still haven't learned your lesson yet. You still chose to cross the double yellow and pass him. You apparently did it in such a way that you pissed some random guy off enough, that he went through a lot of trouble to follow you and ensure you got caught.

It's pretty simple though, the mechanics of how you got caught don't matter much. What matters is you did, and all your responses here seem to indicate that you have a bit of an attitude problem, so perhaps you actually deserve it? As Hakkola said, GDL doing exactly what it's supposed to, weeding out the drivers that continue to make poor decisions time and time again.

Toms-SC
07-17-2007, 08:35 AM
:clap:

Dayclone
07-17-2007, 08:41 AM
Lol I know people that are wacked out man, if you were to finger one of my buddies he woulda tailgated you and until you stopped he would get out his car and ask you why you fingered him.

Well I hope your situtation gets better!

bosanel
07-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Hi guys this is my first post, but I come to you for your insight and help.

I was coming home from out of town and this guy was going rediculously slow, so i decide to pass him even though it was a double line, it was a long straightaway with no cars in sight. So I proceed to do that and there is a corner wayy up top of the road and a car comes by and probably didn't even notice i passed him (remember that). After I passed him he seemed very upset and started tailgating me. Later on, while he was still tailgating me the road turned into a 4 lane road. And i was driving normally going the speed limit. Then we hit a light and the driver of the truck i passed rolled his window down and called me a "dick" or something, i really couldn't tell, so i fingered him and kept going down the road, but then my passenger being the idiot that he is throws a small piece of cardboard at his truck, missing it, (remember). And as my turn comes up he seems REALLY ticked off now and i turn onto the road i was looking for and he starts hauling ass after me, we hit a light at the crest of a hill and he doesn't know that im at a complete stop and slams on his breaks and starts sliding sideways coming inches away from rear ending me. I pull out of that lane and take a left hand turn at the light, he pulls up to me and says "Your going to be getting a call from the cops you know that right" I was like meh, whatever, i doubt he will call them, and besides he almost caused an accident himself he wouldn't have the balls to do it.

10 Minutes later and RCMP officer comes to my door and asks for "my side" of the story. And issues me a ticket simply because the man said he would take it to court and swear on an oathe.

I kind of watered down my side of the story a bit, because this guy had no proof of anything that occured, it was all hearsay. And i made it clear that the man in the truck was following dangerously close and almost hit my on a number of occaisions.

So I need some advice, do I take this to court, or pay the 196 dollar ticket for basically some guy telling on me for driving badly?

Don't pay the ticket, go to court, he has no witness unless he had a camera and recorded everything. Whatever he says is just as true as whatever you say, unless of course hes a retired cop or something.. I don't know, ALL THE WAY TO THE END BROTHA! I wouldn't pay it, he was being an idiot...

Eleanor
07-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Welcome to beyond.ca! :rofl:

bidaly2
07-17-2007, 10:21 AM
I apologize for my last post, my dad was getting really pissed off at me before i posted. It would be best to just disregard that post all together.

I've told the story in full, i havn't left anything out other than, the first time he pulled up to me he was saying some shit to me, i really couldn't tell then he burned out spraying his disel exhaust into my car like a dickhead.

And when i got past him again he began swerving into me and backing off like trying to scare me or something, this guy was a nutcase. In my opinion this guy was a hypocrite at its finest, with the way he was acting he would have been able to cause an accident no problem.

Honestly, I don't have an attitude problem, but i'm kinda backed into a corner when a cop asks me if i'm a "N" driver and she tells me that "N" drivers are more dangerous than other motorists blah blah blah. She made me sign the ticket, I thought about it for a second, thinking if I had the right to not sign it. But I did.

What I don't get is why I got driving without consideration. Apparently the guy told her I was driving impatiently or something. Hmm maybe because i was trying to get away from this psyhco raged driver chasing me. So I guess that added up to give me the 6 point ticket.

I'm actually wondering if I should go to court and ask for an "Illegal Pass on the Left Side" ticket.

DayGlow
07-17-2007, 11:56 AM

the road has a double solid for a reason. Even though there were no other cars if one did appear you wouldn't have time to react because your sight lines were so reduced. I can't stand people who pass on a double solid. No one tries to get into a collision, but it's decisions like this that cause 1000's of people every year not to make it home ever again.

Too many people take driving for granted and forget the huge responsibility involved and the consiquences are often fatal for minor lapses of judgment.

Tik-Tok
07-17-2007, 12:06 PM

I'm actually wondering if I should go to court and ask for an "Illegal Pass on the Left Side" ticket.

That's pretty much your only bet. Though you are lucky, you could have been charged with...

Unsafe pass on left $109 3 demerits
Fail to keep right of double broken or solid line $109 3 demerits
Cross solid double line $109 3 demerits
Illegal pass on laned roadway $109 2 demerits

bidaly2
07-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow

the road has a double solid for a reason. Even though there were no other cars if one did appear you wouldn't have time to react because your sight lines were so reduced. I can't stand people who pass on a double solid. No one tries to get into a collision, but it's decisions like this that cause 1000's of people every year not to make it home ever again.

Too many people take driving for granted and forget the huge responsibility involved and the consiquences are often fatal for minor lapses of judgment.

Well said.

johnboy27
07-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Go to court and plead that you were scared for your life because the other driver was tailgating you and screaming at you every time you stopped at a set of light and he was speeding and chasing you. An old ( but longer) friend of mine was drunk driving one night(stupid for him)and he was tailgating a guy. At the first set of lights they stopped at the guy jumped out and threatened him. So my friend decided to pass the guy and then jam on his brakes and the guy rearended him. He ran from the scene and the police never found him until he was sober enough that they couldn't charge him for DUI. He went to court with the guy and got off due to the guy threatening him and him being in fear for his life.
this may not be the best suggestion but it could work if the older man was threatening you.

bidaly2
07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by johnboy27
Go to court and plead that you were scared for your life because the other driver was tailgating you and screaming at you every time you stopped at a set of light and he was speeding and chasing you. An old ( but longer) friend of mine was drunk driving one night(stupid for him)and he was tailgating a guy. At the first set of lights they stopped at the guy jumped out and threatened him. So my friend decided to pass the guy and then jam on his brakes and the guy rearended him. He ran from the scene and the police never found him until he was sober enough that they couldn't charge him for DUI. He went to court with the guy and got off due to the guy threatening him and him being in fear for his life.
this may not be the best suggestion but it could work if the older man was threatening you.

I wouldn't say he was verbally threatening me, but he was threatening me with the way he was driving, it was very dangerous, and could have caused an accident. I told the cop that he almost hit me a few times, and she was like "Then why didn't you call the cops?" I told her that I didn't feel like it was necessary.

95EagleAWD
07-17-2007, 04:14 PM

I wouldn't say he was verbally threatening me, but he was threatening me with the way he was driving, it was very dangerous, and could have caused an accident. I told the cop that he almost hit me a few times, and she was like "Then why didn't you call the cops?" I told her that I didn't feel like it was necessary.

And if you go to court, and the ask you why he was threatening you, are you going to lie and say "I don't know" or tell the truth?

Rocky
07-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Just go to court, tell your side of the story, let the judge decide. If the guy doesn't show up, no ticket. If he does, probably not going to be any worse than if you just paid it. Simply put, there's no real reason not to go to court. You can also explain that while you now realize your fault-- perhaps a bad decision caused by a lengthy drive home -- you also cannot control your passenger's actions; as well, the driver of the truck acted irrationally and irresponsibility far beyond the severity warrented by the issue.

FiveFreshFish
07-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Should have settled it with your fists then and there. ;)

bidaly2
07-18-2007, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Should have settled it with your fists then and there. ;)

Yeah, my passenger was drunk, I denyed that anything was thrown from my car to the police officer.

The guy was at least 30, just a complete dick that had a problem with road rage obviously, I wish he had rear-ended me, that would have made the situation much easier ironically lol.

BigDannyCool
07-18-2007, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

That's pretty much your only bet. Though you are lucky, you could have been charged with...

Unsafe pass on left $109 3 demerits
Fail to keep right of double broken or solid line $109 3 demerits
Cross solid double line $109 3 demerits
Illegal pass on laned roadway $109 2 demerits

don't forget the littering.

forkdork
07-19-2007, 12:17 AM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: for being able to call in other drivers. I was very close to doing it today.

grrrouch
07-19-2007, 12:24 AM
because the man said he would take it to court and swear on an oathe.

thats what happened to me with a ticket, and I told the cop I would go to court as well. The cop said he would look into it and it turned out the other guy didnt bother going through all the shit and decided to drop it. It was a similar situation to, buddy in jacked up ford follows you, says fuck you, chases you, idiot freind fingers him, buddy threatens to kill you next time he sees you, you try n drive off.... yadda yadda yadda

codetrap
07-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

Isn't the littering like a $2000 fine?

Super_Geo
07-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by BigDannyCool

Littering AND.... Littering AND....

JGerke
07-19-2007, 09:01 AM
you wont get the litttering charge off of another person's word, without a cop personally seeing or finding trash with your name on it.

bidaly2
07-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by grrrouch

thats what happened to me with a ticket, and I told the cop I would go to court as well. The cop said he would look into it and it turned out the other guy didnt bother going through all the shit and decided to drop it. It was a similar situation to, buddy in jacked up ford follows you, says fuck you, chases you, idiot freind fingers him, buddy threatens to kill you next time he sees you, you try n drive off.... yadda yadda yadda

Yeah, I told the cop I would be seeing her in court. It didn't seem to phaze her, its as if the cop believe this man's story word for word without any doubt. She had her ticket book out as soon as I showed her my license and noticed that I was an "N" driver. This prick won't show up to court, I could tell by the way he was acting and he looked like dirt. I could be wrong too thought, you never know. I'm heading out to ICBC today to declare the ticket as being disputed.

JGerke
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM
Whatever man...if you look super credible, along with your friend there, tell your story in court (which will have to be spiced up a little since his obviously will be) and this guy looks like a dirtbag, there is a good chance the judge will either go for the midline of the story and give you some reduced ticket or throw the whole thing out. Wear a suit and remember...if the glove don't fit, your full of shit! As long as you can outclass this guy and convince the crown he sucks at life your good to go.

soupey
07-19-2007, 02:09 PM
loitering*.

haha even tho ur wrong for cutting across a double line, i still think its a bit overkill for the guy to get the cops on u, I never knew that cops could issue tickets based on hearsay, i mean u'd think they'd need some kind of hard proof to fine someone for anything...which leads me to think there are two possible situations.

1 - u and ur friend are asshats who were out to piss off the other driver, they drive slow, u illegally pass him, probably cutting him off, pissing him off to the extent to do what he did.

2 - the other driver was an asshat who doesnt like ppl abusing the road around him, and since u performed a relatively dangerous move of going across a double line into an opposing lane, and later had a passenger throw something towards their car...he took it as far as he could to make sure u 2 would get punished....i'd say its slightly uncalled for.

the end result from either situation is that ur the reason anything happened was because you made the dick move of passing him illegally, aggressing the situation by throwing something towards his car doesnt really help u much either. i'd say pay the ticket and move on with life.

dmtx
07-19-2007, 02:57 PM
everyone knows what you did wrong about the situation, passing on double line, throwing something to the other driver.... etc but those were pointed out already.

But for the other driver:

people driving really slow below a speed limit deserves the ticket too. Traffic is traffic and you have to keep up with the speed limit. If you are on a fucking emergency, you can't just sit there and wait for him to speed up. You can tell the police that you have loose bowel and your shit is about to burst out of your ass. Trust me, that's legit. My friend got RCMP knocking at his house because he was speeding and someone phone the police. He explained he got diarrhea and he just dosn't want to shit in his car. all the RCMP did was laugh and said make sure you wash your hands.... I am not telling you to lie but explain why you had to pass him.... he was driving 50 on a 90kmh road but then again you could have waitied for the broken lines... so good luck with that....

He was tailgaiting you and almost rear end you for a couple of times is harrasment to me. There's no fucking reason why would someone do that. Even how pissed you are.... you can't just do that to potentially damage someones car and causing injury. So with that you can file charges too.

So my call is you should get the ticket and he should also get a ticket.... both of you are dumbasses... and count your friend too. So you can fight it and tell your side and make sure you point out the the othe guys behavior. File your own charges against him and in the end both of you will just get the ticket.

My other opinion is RCMP should have not issued the ticket that quick without the two parties involved in a room.

DayGlow
07-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by soupey
I never knew that cops could issue tickets based on hearsay, i mean u'd think they'd need some kind of hard proof to fine someone for anything

It's not hearsay, he's an eye witness. If no crime can be solved unless a cop sees it happen then 99% of the criminal cases out there would never go to trial. No murder would ever be solved, etc.

What the trial will come down to is how credible the witness is.

dmtx
07-19-2007, 03:00 PM

It's not hearsay, he's an eye witness. If no crime can be solved unless a cop sees it happen then 99% of the criminal cases out there would never go to trial. No murder would ever be solved, etc.

i'd say a witness is a third party.. the driver is involved and was doing a misbehavior too.... he can't be a witness.

DayGlow
07-19-2007, 03:06 PM

*taps screen*

I've gone to calls like this before. I listen to the person tell their story and I have to make a decision based on their deminor, etc if I believe they are being truthful. Are they intoxicated? Beligerent? Ask them point blank if they did anything to provoke the other driver, etc. If I have no reason to disbelieve their story then I proceed.

If questioned later on why I didn't take any action I would have to articulate on why I didn't believe the person.

Victims or parties involved can be witness as well. Again a lot of crime would never go trial if that were the case.

95EagleAWD
07-19-2007, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by dmtx

My other opinion is RCMP should have not issued the ticket that quick without the two parties involved in a room.

That's called court. ;)

bignerd
07-19-2007, 05:02 PM
I think there is some program in BC, at least I know there was in Victoria where you could call in with license plates and if someone got enough complaints the cops would send a letter to them or something. Maybe this was some variation of that.

I would believe he probably embellished his story to have the cops show up so fast at your home. I don't think they want to be dealing with petty drivers trying to see who can get each other in more trouble.

Go to court, be honest, hope for the best.

tom_9109
07-19-2007, 06:24 PM
a guy making a statement isn't hearsay... he witnessed it. not his brother bob.

bidaly2
07-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
a guy making a statement isn't hearsay... he witnessed it. not his brother bob.

Were there any others that witness' this incident? No, however my passenger was in the car with me and can explain how he continued to tailgate me and almost crash into me several times. He has nobody to back him up on his story he saw that I had a passenger in the car. I really doubt he mentioned that I had a passenger at all, making the cop assume that I (the driver) had thrown something at him ultimately resulting in the "Driving without Consideration" simply because the officer believed that I had thrown something out of my vehicle.

gofastmerc
07-19-2007, 07:09 PM
I like how this older guy drives like an idiot, has road rage, is out of controll, etc.

Good luck at court!

:thumbsup:

FiveFreshFish
07-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Victims or parties involved can be witness as well. Again a lot of crime would never go trial if that were the case.

Really? In the case of a motor vehicle collision, I heard that passengers can't be witnesses. Why is this different if it's a crime versus an accident?

Hemi RT
07-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Really? In the case of a motor vehicle collision, I heard that passengers can't be witnesses. Why is this different if it's a crime versus an accident?

Anybody can be a witness including the drivers involved. I think you are talking about trying to use someone in the car when an insurance company is involved as they (the insurance companies) don't recognize passengers as witnesses.

dmtx
07-19-2007, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

That's called court. ;)

in cases like these, does the person who file the commpaints got the ticket too? I mean I can come to the police, bitch about the my encounter and promise to go to court under oath but without the ticket issued to me, I could be just bull shitting and don't appear to trial date..... if the ticket is issued to him, he will come at the trial date for sure...... this is the first time I've heard about this kind of incident so I'm just wondering....

sexualbanana
07-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by johnboy27

For the record, if you brake check someone and that person dies, it's entirely possible that you (the driver) could be charged with murder in the first degree. especially in this instance where the driver sped up, passed the other vehicle, and intentionally used his vehicle as a weapon. This has occurred in cases in the US.

asciinerd
07-20-2007, 11:26 AM
The place where the guy almost rearended you, you say that he hit the brakes and slided? perhaps there's tracks of his tyres on there. even a small one or light shaded one.. take a picture of it.. to prove your story is more accurate.