PDA

View Full Version : So I think I hate my job...

bamboo403
07-16-2007, 10:06 PM
Not going to mention any names of places but I am currently in a sales position selling new vehicles. I was at a place for a year and needed a brake so I left and took an office job for a couple of months. Then was talked back in to it by a friend to go to a different dealership. Ive only been here for 3 months and its better but I'm sick of the dealerships fucking with my pay. Seems like every pay period I have to fight to get it corrected to the proper pay. Oh and people not respecting my time...I have an infant at home dammit! :thumbsdow

I was thinking selling show homes seems decent but I heard it pays 65k / yr + comm.

Anybody do this for a living?
What are the hours like?
Does it suck?

Any input on anything besides the flame would be appreciated guys.

boxer23
07-16-2007, 10:32 PM
honestly man, im sick of my pay getting screwed up all the time too, every company Ive worked for screws with your money, and because of connections to businesses, you learn a lot of it is on purpose. All you have to do is make sure you always have proof you've worked in the correct times, and that you sold the certain vehicles for commission:thumbsup: ...I suggest taking ur infant to work...let him run the ropes lol

Evro
07-16-2007, 10:43 PM
seems to me as though you are likely a strong salesperson and maybe network marketing would be right for you ... just a suggestion

JordanLotoski
07-16-2007, 10:51 PM
a sales manager at say a jayman or cardel is making upwards of 200-300k per year,,,,you would be an assistant which is like 15.00 an hour.

bigbadboss101
07-17-2007, 06:22 AM
Real Estate agent can be a lucrative occupation if you have the right personality and attitude. Some of my friend do great, some not bad, and some moved onto other careers.

Mangina
07-17-2007, 07:14 AM
You should have your real estate license if you're going to do that. You can get a lot of customers that way.

bamboo403
07-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Evro
seems to me as though you are likely a strong salesperson and maybe network marketing would be right for you ... just a suggestion

I honestly have no post secondary so I would most likely be passed up for that.

bamboo403
07-17-2007, 10:26 AM
So as far as it sounds my info is out of whack with the selling show homes.

So something like that would be an assistant?

I was actually just talking with a guy who left a dealership and went to Cardel homes. He said he will be making 60 + commision WTF!?

tictactoe2004
07-17-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by bamboo403
He said he will be making 60 + commision WTF!?

lol, out of all the sales people I know only a select few actually admit what they're making... most sales people tend to inflate their income numbers, some a little, some a lot.

bamboo403
07-17-2007, 01:39 PM
So really selling new show homes is more of an entry level job for a 18 year old?
Im so confused
:dunno:

88CRX
07-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Is every day the worst day of your life?

http://www.seomoz.org/img/articles/Office%20Space.jpg

bamboo403
07-17-2007, 05:29 PM
So now Ive heard good things about Yellow Pages group.
Someone please correct me again if Im wrong

sl888
07-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX
Is every day the worst day of your life?

http://www.seomoz.org/img/articles/Office%20Space.jpg
:rofl: i love that movie

I had a buddy who was taking business with me in school. He decided to drop out and take the real estate class. Finished and decided not to go ahead with that. Now he sells homes for Morrison Homes. I think he works 2-8. That's all I know. I'm guessing you could get into it.

bamboo403
07-17-2007, 07:53 PM
Im sure I could get in to it. However it being worth my time is what it sounds like I should be questioning. And if its how it sounds its not worth my time.
:(

Weapon_R
07-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Expect a slowdown in home sales as there isn't as much activity as there was in the past couple years. I'm not sure salespeople are making the same $ they were before.

Ajay
07-17-2007, 09:33 PM
I have friends who work in new home sales.

They all started as sales assistants making the said $12-15/hr basically doing paperwork for the sales mangers and sales associates.

After that they've moved into sales associate roles selling houses but it's a long process to make money. Be prepared to make very little money in your first couple of years in new home sales. These guys are different than your typical real estate sales professionals in the fact that they do not have to be licensed to work for a home builder.

I have friends who made $12-15K their first year working for a new home builder. I have other friends who got lucky and made over $60K in their first year. Most of the home builders will pay you a supplementary income to allow you to survive but it is highly commission based. This is where the relationship between the area manager and the sales associate comes into play. The area manager gets a bigger portion of each house sale while the sales associate receives a nice portion but not as much as the area manager. Sometimes the area manager and the sales associate are able to have an agreement whereas the area manager pays the sales associate an extra amount of money if a house is sold out of the area manager's commission.

This arrangement has been used by some of my friends in the new home sales industry and they do make some very good coin but that's after making peanuts for a few years.