PDA

View Full Version : Speeding Ticket!!!! Court Today!!! Help !!!

jegger69
07-17-2007, 12:16 PM

GOnSHO
07-17-2007, 12:18 PM
BAHAHA! loss of license immediately!!! u were doing more then double the speed limit.... :clap: :rofl: :clap: :rofl:

00CivicSi
07-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Yer screwed regardless if you researched or not. Just plead guilty cry and and say u learnt your lesson. Hopefully they won't take your license. Get a ride there too

QuasarCav
07-17-2007, 12:21 PM
JDM for LyFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

88CRX
07-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by jegger69
i just wanna know if i asked the cop to see the lazer gun cause i didnt think i was goin that fast and he refuses will that get tossed out of court?

Oh yea, for sure... nice detective work :thumbsup:

/sarcasm

jegger69

teggypimp95
Yeah u will lose your licence for a while.

bulaian
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Jlude
07-17-2007, 12:24 PM
You should have asked immediately when you were pulled over if you really doubted what the radar took.

As GOnSHO said... that's more than double the speed limit... which is usually an immediate loss of license... unless you get very lucky.

If I were you... I'd be hoping for only a 1 month suspension.

Sasuke_Kensai
07-17-2007, 12:24 PM
:eek: 108 over!!!
Do they give automatic suspensions for things like that? The serious conviction for speeding only says 50 or more over the speed limit.

teggypimp95
07-17-2007, 12:25 PM
where did u do this btw?

jegger69
07-17-2007, 12:27 PM

jegger69
07-17-2007, 12:28 PM
in lethbridge on 43rd street south

00CivicSi
07-17-2007, 12:30 PM
Why where you speeding like a mofo if you didn't want your insurance to go up?

Doozer
07-17-2007, 12:31 PM
i got court in an hour from now, i should have done research b4

Wow.

Boneyard
07-17-2007, 12:33 PM
There is little chance that your insurance won't be going up...

Audio_Rookie
07-17-2007, 12:34 PM
might as well put the silvia for sale lol.

JGerke
07-17-2007, 12:36 PM
I don't think your insurance will go up once you try to insure your 12-speed

Jlude
07-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by 00CivicSi
Why where you speeding like a mofo if you didn't want your insurance to go up?

110-120 in a 70 zone is bad enough... but 178!?!?! What was the hurry?

schocker
07-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Well if i were you, i probably would have researched before now instead of posting on beyong an hour before court, especially at 108 over:dunno:

CosmicWhite
07-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I feel your pain. My liscense is toast from the 19th (thursday) till the 19th of August :-P.

GOnSHO
07-17-2007, 12:43 PM
definatelly shouldnt be on here asking for help, u should be on here trying to sell your car, cuz u wont be driving it for ATLEAST 6 months...

tictactoe2004
07-17-2007, 12:50 PM
ok i got clocked doing 178 in a 70 zone with a lazer fun about 2 months ago i got court in an hour from now, i should have done research b4 but i didnt, i just wanna know if i asked the cop to see the lazer gun cause i didnt think i was goin that fast and he refuses will that get tossed out of court?

i told him i didnt think i was going that fast, i got 0-60 times for a stock 1988 honda civic and from the lights to where i got traped is approx 1500 feet, im gonna go do some math, i dont care about the $ i just dont want my insurance to go up anymore

Well you sound like a smart, well educated person who will probably do great in court... I'm sure if you use your elite math skills you will "pwn" that silly little judge and the cop both at the same time..

2BLUE
07-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Good luck. hopefully no longer then 3 month suspention.

KRyn
07-17-2007, 01:10 PM
So how hard did you get nailed?

MackDawg
07-17-2007, 01:19 PM
dont forget to take the KY

Mitsu3000gt
07-17-2007, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't have even thought a 1988 civic could hit 178 km/h. I also would think there is no way it could hit 178 km/h in 1500 ft, but those laser guns are mighty accurate.

+1 for loss of licence.

You should be about 15 min into the process of losing your licence by now, let us know how it goes!

jegger69
07-17-2007, 02:37 PM

tictactoe2004
07-17-2007, 02:39 PM
ok so i cheated in court, i got 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times for the 88 civic off the computer except now it runs 0-60 in 17.5 seconds and 1/4 mile @ 19.22 lol i changed that a little, with those times that would give me the projected speed of approx 118 km/h which droped the ticket to 120 + in a 70, from the red light that i launched from to where the radar trap was is .4 km or .24 miles, fine of $ 351 :)

just so it doesnt get deleted...

BrknFngrs
07-17-2007, 02:44 PM
haha you actually got it reduced by producing track times? thats hilarious

GOnSHO
07-17-2007, 02:45 PM
were u in a civic or the silvia??

toomuchb00st
07-17-2007, 02:47 PM
hahah i cant believe that.

jegger69
07-17-2007, 02:49 PM

Mitsu3000gt
07-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Haha that's kinda funny, im surprised that worked. I guess if they didn't specifically ask if it was modified you didn't really lie by producing them performance numbers from a stock 88 civic :dunno:

jegger69
07-17-2007, 03:02 PM

digi355
07-17-2007, 03:03 PM
i sold the silvia a year ago, and sold my 5 spd soarer about 3 weeks ago now, i was in my friends guted b 20 civic had a mitsu 16 g turbo on it with a ghetto mani @ about 6.5 psi
little car was quick, and there was no doubt in my mind that i was doin atleast 150 but i win :) i was driving like an asshole cause it was sunday at like 9 am with newly installed kit, the poor little civic got towed and impounded that day lol

( and not track times) just stock civic times off a website i googled

So you perjured yourself in an open court and then came to a forum and openly bragged about it? This has self-ownage writen all over it.

tictactoe2004
07-17-2007, 03:05 PM
yes but i kinda altered the #'s a slight bit 0-60 i added like 7 seconds lol and 1/4 6 seconds

oh, we'll grab that too... just so its on the record.

JRSC00LUDE
07-17-2007, 03:06 PM
^
Except for all this purgery evidence here.....better hope the judge isn't a beyonder!

Sp33d_1
07-17-2007, 03:10 PM
that was a little foolish to rip it up on beyond about how you lied in court. As far as I know there are a few cops on here, who knows if they would follow up, either way whats done is done. But still man, should have kept that to yourself.

Money sais' if that happens again you won't be so lucky.

JRSC00LUDE
07-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Oh, don't you know? It wasn't him, he didn't log out of the site and one of his friends was just trying to make him look cool. :thumbsup:

CosmicWhite
07-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Oh, don't you know? It wasn't him, he didn't log out of the site and one of his friends was just trying to make him look cool. :thumbsup:

:werd:

RickDaTuner
07-17-2007, 03:23 PM
haha I'm laughing at you all the way From Oradea, Romania...

Doozer
07-17-2007, 03:24 PM
I have family and a 1yr old niece in Lethbridge, and the fact that there are fucking punks racing around at 100kmh OVER the speed limit, who have no concerns with lying about it in court, and then show how much they've learned by thinking that they "won", absolutely fucking disgusts me.

l8braker
07-17-2007, 03:26 PM
http://www.lethbridge.ca/home/For+Residents/Your+Transportation/Bus+Service/Bus+Service.htm

Euro_Trash
07-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Doozer
I have family and a 1yr old niece in Lethbridge, and the fact that there are fucking punks racing around at 100kmh OVER the speed limit, who have no concerns with lying about it in court, and then show how much they've learned by thinking that they "won", absolutely fucking disgusts me.

:werd: Darwin anyone?

jegger69
07-17-2007, 04:11 PM
haha your altima discusts me

Euro_Trash
07-17-2007, 04:13 PM
haha your altima discusts me

Spelling > You

97'Scort
07-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Your spelling disgusts me.

2BLUE
07-17-2007, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Sp33d_1
that was a little foolish to rip it up on beyond about how you lied in court. As far as I know there are a few cops on here, who knows if they would follow up, either way whats done is done. But still man, should have kept that to yourself.

Money sais' if that happens again you won't be so lucky.

Doesn't matter its done over with.

No cop gives a shit.

What cop likes traffic court like really.

jegger69
07-17-2007, 04:17 PM
beyond ftl
yor spelng diskust's mee

KRyn
07-17-2007, 04:18 PM
WTB: Ban for jegger69

Everyone knows beyond FTMFW

97'Scort
07-17-2007, 04:20 PM
I just hope when you waste your car and yourself going 180 off the road that you don't take anyone with you.

digi355
07-17-2007, 05:09 PM

Too late, everything you worte today has been quoted. I really hope you get nailed to the wall for this. Not because you got away with it but because you were so fucking stupid about it after.

Fixing the numbers on your 0-60 times was genius and took balls of steel. Openly bragging on the Internet is having a glass of paint thinner stupid.

Jay911
07-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Stay out of the areas around Calgary. I spend far too much time rinsing fuckwits like you off the road, and more often than I should be, trying to rescue innocents you smear all over the place too.

urban.one
07-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Some would should summarize the details of this and forward it to the courts. Pretty easy to identify him... court in Lethbridge today, approximate time based on his initial post, and details of the ticket, and details of his defence, and details of his perjury.

Likely nothing will happen but at the least it will be put into a file somewhere which could get pulled up the next time this tool gets a ticket.

Jay911
07-18-2007, 07:54 AM
If the world was fair and just...

- wickedly big fine, i.e. 4 digits
- Seizure of all motor vehicles owned by offender, auctioned off; proceeds to go to offender after fines, court fees, and any costs of the government having to deal with this knob are dealt with
- Forfeiture of license for a period of not less than one full year; upon elapse of the year, can apply for a learner's permit and must take and pass not only the beginners' driving courses but also a special traffic school focusing on the offenses committed, prior to being allowed back on the roads
- Prohibited from owning any motor vehicle for a period of one year, concurrent with the license forfeiture; including cars, trucks, motorcycles, golf carts, riding mowers, mopeds, Segways, and anything else that uses motor propulsion
- 180 days working as a flagperson on a road crew
- 180 days working in the Office of the Medical Examiner, receiving what the OME calls "new cases"; specifically auto crash victims, if possible

l8braker
07-18-2007, 07:59 AM
I wonder if the OP will post an update? :D

codetrap
07-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Jay911

- Seizure of all motor vehicles owned by offender, auctioned off; proceeds to go to offender after fines, court fees, and any costs of the government having to deal with this knob are dealt with
- Forfeiture of license for a period of not less than one full year; upon elapse of the year, can apply for a learner's permit and must take and pass not only the beginners' driving courses but also a special traffic school focusing on the offenses committed, prior to being allowed back on the roads
- Prohibited from owning any motor vehicle for a period of one year, concurrent with the license forfeiture; including cars, trucks, motorcycles, golf carts, riding mowers, mopeds, Segways, and anything else that uses motor propulsion
- 180 days working in the Office of the Medical Examiner, receiving what the OME calls "new cases"; specifically auto crash victims, if possible

woo.. and I thought I was harsh!

Disoblige
07-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Not to mention this douchebag still owes money to a beyond member here:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=157129&perpage=40&highlight=&pagenumber=1

He peaces for over half a year and then comes back desperately crying for beyond to help?

ZMan2k2
07-18-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Jay911

Jay, I take it you work in EMS. I have a friend who works in EMS in the district south of Calgary. She would probably respond the same way as you. I hear of incidents that most people don't even know about on the highways, where speed is the #1 determining factor as to why someone dies, or is seriously injured. For this tool to come on here and brag about how he beat the system, got out of a huge fine and suspension, and is still on the road angers me. I only hope for your sake, as well as my friend, that neither of you are called out to scrape this douchebag off the road when does something even dumber. And to the OP douchebag, I hope you go out in a way that it's only you that suffers. No one should have to pay for your stupidity.

00CivicSi
07-18-2007, 03:00 PM
*sighs* Just saw your outcome and congrats. Once again our justice system has failed. Looks like you havn't really learnt your lesson. I hope and pray that one day an innocent doesn't get hurt because of your stupidiness or maybe karma will come back and get ya.

Jay911
07-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2

Jay, I take it you work in EMS.

I'm a volunteer firefighter/rescuer SW of Calgary (16 years on the job there) and a 911 calltaker/dispatcher in the city (6 years).

I hear of incidents that most people don't even know about on the highways, where speed is the #1 determining factor as to why someone dies, or is seriously injured.

Unlike other responders, I'm reluctant to blame speed for crashes. This may seem hypocritical compared to what I've said earlier in this thread, but it's not - I maintain that it's moreso careless driving and driving beyond the limits of your skill level, or your vehicle, that is the contributing factor. If "speed" was the root cause of crashes and injuries, it would be impossible to have racing events, since going over a certain speed would result in an immediate wreck. But maybe that's semantics. I myself have driven a decent bit north of the posted speeds and can do it safely, and know when not to do it (i.e. in a 70kph zone on city streets).

Frankly, I don't care if people want to go fast. If they have the capability to do it, go for it. I'm not the one that would get the ticket. But if you don't have the capability, or intend to drive like an asshat (like the Audi that chased me out Hwy 8 this morning with his high-beams on, trying to pass on double solids and whatnot, to rush to the Redwood Meadows golf course), do me a favor and stay out of my district. It's not that I'm lazy, I just have seen grotesque, horrific injuries enough in my career that will be ingrained on my mind's eye for the rest of my life, and don't think anyone would want their end to come in such a way, with such a violent physical insult to their body.

Back to the original topic - sorry for the tangent:

For this tool to come on here and brag about how he beat the system, got out of a huge fine and suspension, and is still on the road angers me. I only hope for your sake, as well as my friend, that neither of you are called out to scrape this douchebag off the road when does something even dumber. And to the OP douchebag, I hope you go out in a way that it's only you that suffers. No one should have to pay for your stupidity.

The gall of some people just makes me laugh. I found my way back to beyond this year after registering years ago, because I heard the stories about the forum helping to catch the hit & run driver in Bonaventure. I'm not delusional enough to think that there aren't thousands of fools like the OP out there.. but the rocks it takes to brag about beating the system, as you said, and then try to cover it up like no one will see it if he edits his posts, is just... well... beyond incredible. (Excuse the pun. :D )

We need to know the outcome of this story. I for one will be watching both beyond and the news for results. :)

eljefe
07-18-2007, 04:03 PM
Personally unless I missed something skimming this thread I think that the guy is full of it about half of what he said in this thread anyway. Either about how fast he got caught, or about how he got it reduced. I smell just a ton of BS coming the the OP and don't believe half of what he said. Just my opinion.

88CRX
07-18-2007, 07:08 PM
ok so i cheated in court, i got 0-60 times and 1/4 mile times for the 88 civic off the computer except now it runs 0-60 in 17.5 seconds and 1/4 mile @ 19.22 lol i changed that a little, with those times that would give me the projected speed of approx 118 km/h which droped the ticket to 120 + in a 70, from the red light that i launched from to where the radar trap was is .4 km or .24 miles, fine of $ 351 :)

i sold the silvia a year ago, and sold my 5 spd soarer about 3 weeks ago now, i was in my friends guted b 20 civic had a mitsu 16 g turbo on it with a ghetto mani @ about 6.5 psi
little car was quick, and there was no doubt in my mind that i was doin atleast 150 but i win :) i was driving like an asshole cause it was sunday at like 9 am with newly installed kit, the poor little civic got towed and impounded that day lol

( and not track times) just stock civic times off a website i googled

yes but i kinda altered the #'s a slight bit 0-60 i added like 7 seconds lol and 1/4 6 seconds

Either your a real douche bag or your full of shit :dunno: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

autosm
07-20-2007, 10:45 AM
At least you have years of high insurance payments to look forward to . :cry: