PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi Dealership

beyondpinoy
07-17-2007, 06:38 PM
Has anyone had experience with the Mitsubishi dealership??

i went into the dealership to take a look at the new 08 lancer, and my initial experience was good.. the sales man was good to me, he explained everything clearly, took me on a nice test drive ... now when i went to talk to the General manager about Financing options, thats where everything fell apart...

has anyone delt with the GM there named Quinn?? is it just me? or does the guy seem like a complete ass hole??? the moment i sat down in his office, i felt like i wasn't being welcomed, i felt like he didn't want to help me, i felt like i didn't mean anything to him.. as we go though the financing options, i got the vibe like he wanted me out of there, he didn't care if i bought a car from him or not.. like he didn't care.. has anyone else experienced this? and this isn't just a isolated to that one time, on the phone later the next day, he phones me on a update on the financing options, and he sounded very rude over the phone.. he made me think twice about my decision on getting a car with that dealership..

ionno i just wanted to get that off my chest... has anyone else experienced anything like that at that dealership??? or is there anything else i can do to better this experience???

Stephen81
07-17-2007, 06:48 PM
If the experience with the other staff have been good I wouldn't say you should necessarily go elsewhere. I thought they had people at dealerships who strictly deal with getting you financed...maybe he's grumpy because he has to do it himself :dunno: When buying cars I'm actually more concerned with how the Service Dept. works and how the Service Manager and staff treat you. You really only deal with your salesperson once...any issues with the car are going to go through the service dept. from there. As long as this GM is doing his best to get you a good rate I wouldn't be too concerned.

beyondpinoy
07-17-2007, 07:00 PM
thats the thing.. hes not doing his best.. he's sitting there not helping me at all.. when i submitted the papers to see if i can get approved, he said he will call a few hours THAT DAY.. i didn't hear from him for 2 days.. after no contact, i finally called to see whats up.. and he was very rude on the phone, basically it felt like he's too busy to talk to me .. IM LIKE WTF!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! im trying to buy a car here!!! how are you too busy to talk to me??? so i went there in person to see whats going on.. and i basically had to talk to some other guy (i guess the assistant manager or whoever it was) about my financing options...

i mean im about to spend 25-27g on a car << i know that doesn't sound alot to some people, but i just a guy who recently graduated from post secondary and trying to make a living in the world... id expect better customer service ....

signature7
07-17-2007, 07:02 PM
the last three cars we bought were through toyota and honda and from all three experiences the business managers have acted like how you described, perhaps not as bad in my situation. I get the feeling of them not caring if the deals goes through or not-perhaps they know at this stage you'll probably purchase the car. My experience with Dale at T&T honda at first was "wow this guys an asshole" but over time i realise he's just not a personable guy-not to me anyways. the business managers i've dealt with are just cold.

If he really offends you though i'd suggest you go elsewhere. I understand where you're coming from too, i wouldn't wanna drop that much cash and one day drive my car thinking i was dealt with in a rude manner

reiRei
07-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Which dealership did you deal with? hyatt or platinum?

beyondpinoy
07-17-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by reiRei
Which dealership did you deal with? hyatt or platinum?

??? theres more then one dealership in calgary???

the one in the NE along barlow

reiRei
07-17-2007, 07:08 PM
There are 2 mitsubishi Dealerships in Calgary, the one on barlow is platinum Mitsu, and the one down south in the auto mall is hyatt...

I've had decent experiences at platinum, I've bought 2 lancers from them, and a potential outlander... and I've usually dealt with Jen, or Tinh... it might've been a bad day... who knows? I'd say, try dealing with Hyatt if you really felt upset about the service, but as far as service departments go, Platinum's department is better than Hyatt's

Stephen81
07-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I bought my last three vehicles from Charlesglen and each time the entire buying experience was nothing short of excellent. Professional and sincere salespeople who were honest and patient (spent time with me researching options for the car and doing test drives MONTHS before i even bought one) As soon as I decided to purchase I was able to meet with someone who worked out the financing and they worked QUICK and stayed in touch sometimes multiple times a day. The handled the registration, plates and did a one hour product delivery on pickup, etc, etc. A little OT but I'd recommend them if you've got your eye on a Toyota.

Given what you said in your last post, the must be having serious problems to treat you that way. ANY car purchase is putting money in their pockets. I'm surprised they haven't tried harder to please you.

Machi
07-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Quinn is the Finance Manager...
that's the way he was when I got my eclipse.. seems like thats the way he is..?!

beyondpinoy
07-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Machi
Quinn is the Finance Manager...
that's the way he was when I got my eclipse.. seems like thats the way he is..?!

yeah.. this is the first car im buying brand new.. all my previous cars have been bought though private buyers.. i guess i was just wanting a more personal experience... because the sales guy made me feel soo welcomed.. and i expected it to roll over to the management as well... i mean wouldn't you want nothing but the best when spending that much money??

HuMz
07-17-2007, 10:57 PM
I was ready to buy the new 08 Lancer as well (deal fell through because of my age and the cost of insurance on a new car) but I had a great experience with Hyatt. Met with Simon I believe his name was (I think he was Australian) but he was extremely helpful and had no problems with the test drive and was very clear with the financing options.

After giving them my lisence for the test drive they automatically sent me several letters in the mail several weeks later thanking me for taking the time to come down (one from Simon and another from the sales manager or GM)

PINOY-X
07-17-2007, 11:06 PM
+1 on thin tai

That.Guy.S30
07-18-2007, 10:01 AM
tinh is a good guy.

i think he does financing now.. at platinum mitsu. ask for him

Kritafo
07-18-2007, 10:12 AM
we had a great time with Jenn and her follow ups were fabulous. She must have called us for 2 years after we bought to make sure everything was going well.

I loved the outlander.

beyondpinoy
07-18-2007, 11:35 AM
yeah.. i talked to my friend who just recently bought a 08 lancer, and he delt with jenn.. and he said he's very happy with her service... hopfully once my lancer comes in, i get to deal with jen too.. ive heard nothing but positives about her..

reiRei
07-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Jen is pretty cool, when I got my 06 RA she finished up the paper work with me, signing over the car and she explained everything that I could and could not do with the car

03ozwhip
07-18-2007, 12:18 PM
i bought my Outlander from an english guy named Simon at Hyatt. he was the best car salesman ive ever dealt with. i strongly recommend him.

mdeluxe
07-18-2007, 12:49 PM
I went there too a year ago or so, I found the Financing guy there (dont know his name) was a dick.

But I did find the receptionist girl very friendly :bigpimp:

heavyD
07-18-2007, 12:55 PM
We have purchased a new Lancer & Outlander from Platinum and both were pleasant experiences. Jenn is very nice and I believe Quinn did our Outlander and he seemed fine to me.:dunno:

EasyToGo
08-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes, Simon is the best salesman I have ever deal with. Platinum NO WAY, there is a guy called Larry and he is the worst of the worst ever.

When I asked his for a pen to write down the MSRP, he said he doesn't have one. I said I need to write down the price, and I am very surprise that he told me to check on the web myself. Oh man, why do I need him, why not I buy the car from the internet then. Stupid!!!
I went to see him again, and I ask what the total price would be like after adding all the tax, PDI and Doc fee. His response is "ARE YOU GOING TO BUY THE CAR TODAY?" ... why the???? ... if I am not going to buy the car today, he said he could not go to his manager and asked for the price!!!! He also told me that he is not allowed to give me an estimate with his calculator!!!!
I have deal with different dealer many times and I have never never heard a saleman told a buyer he couldn't caculate the final price if the buyer is not going to buy the car on that day.

Once again. his name is Larry in Platinum!!! worry guy ever.. non-profession.. no knowledge (answer me "I don't know" for the question on how the CVT works)

88CRXGUY
08-25-2007, 11:15 PM
I look my lancer there for regular maintence and never have had a problem. My best friend bought a 05 ES from Tinh and he was great, I've never had a problem with Platium in those 2 areas, now when it comes to the used car department thats a different story.

jay838
08-25-2007, 11:44 PM
Platium is great in the new car dept. but in the used car they got the worst service u can ask for..I brought two brand new car there and there service was excellent...But one of the worst things about any mits. dealship is that they dont have shuttle service so it pretty much suck...

BRUTEFORCE
08-29-2007, 08:29 PM
this guy you said was a general manager??? are you sure he is not a business manager? I've dealt with platinum and only had pleasant experiences.