PDA

View Full Version : -=[ Beware Heninger Toyota Calgary!! Greasy Sales!! ]=-

Henningerhater
07-17-2007, 11:24 PM
EMPTY PROMISES

I recently put a $1000.00 deposit on a vehicle at Heninger Toyota. I was promised to have it in a couple days. A couple days turned into "we will have it for you in a couple weeks" Unfortunately I needed this vehicle for work and was unable to wait and had to search elsewhere and found what I was looking for at another Toyota dealership. Heninger now refuses to reimburse my deposit. There are MANY MANY details I have left out but I wanted to warn anyone and everyone to be woeful of greasy Henninger sales tactics. I have learned my lesson... GET IT IN WRITING! Record every step you take. I am going to tap every means in order to get my money back!!

GenerationX
07-17-2007, 11:27 PM
:eek: that blows dude.
but i like how you made a acc just to share this with us

The Cosworth
07-17-2007, 11:33 PM
AMVIC? http://www.amvic.org/main.htm

GL I worked there and things were good when I was around, this was 2002 though

IScarecroW300
07-17-2007, 11:45 PM
Call toyota canada and tell them the story. Legally, they dont have to give the money back for some reason or another. Most dealerships do just because its bad business to not do so. My aunt just went through the same with with sunridge mazda. I really don't know how or why they get away with it. Just talk to the service manager or ever the manager of the dealership. If that doesnt work call HQ and they will be calling them fairly quickly.

Moe Man
07-17-2007, 11:47 PM
call AMVIC there are ways of getting your money back under the fair trading act :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
07-18-2007, 12:39 AM
HQ doesnt care what the dealers do.. the dealers are a private entity so no one at hq can really do anything. If your lucky the person at toyota canada who took your call will forward the message to the dealer rep for the Calgary territory who will in turn politely ask the dealer to settler the matter and give you the money back however it is unlikely that it will get to that. Youre better off contacting amvic who has the ability to threaten the dealer with fines If the sales manager is giving you the run around, then contact the general manager. If he gives you the run around then contact the dealer principal.

Mitsu3000gt
07-18-2007, 08:59 AM
Never ever leave a deposit without a signed letter saying you will get it back no matter what. This happens to too many people

Rav4Guy
07-18-2007, 09:05 AM
did you talk to the business manager / sales manager?

G
07-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Glad he didn't win the election

bobby_lu
07-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by G
Glad he didn't win the election

LOL,

you should really take that "6 lanes of Mcleod run through the centre of our store" thing seriously and drive your car into the showroom :nut:

jdmXSI
07-18-2007, 02:33 PM
By law they have to give your money back. G/L:thumbsup:

modded46
07-18-2007, 03:25 PM
It's a car dealer what do you expect they are all greasy two bit money grabbing rip off artists.

89s1
07-18-2007, 07:40 PM
I worked there for a little while and quit the day i was told by a manager that i was "too forthright with customers"

apparently being honest is a BAD thing :confused:

bosanel
07-18-2007, 07:50 PM
Marlborough ford tried that with my dad. He told them that he's slit their throat "thats MY MONEY" and they called him 5 mins after he left the place telling him they will send the money to him on a cheque, it was so hillarious..

Moe Man
07-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Rav4Guy
did you talk to the business manager / sales manager?

wrong choice, guess who gets the deposit money ?

Accord_tunerx
07-18-2007, 11:27 PM
come down to heninger and make a big deal out of it, if you do ill join even tho i work tehre but still they are crooks ahha i know those bitches downstairs...well some of them are my friends but the rest are idiots

Henningerhater
07-18-2007, 11:38 PM
I left out the fact that they called the cops on me because I was "raising my voice". YEAH IM RAISING MY VOICE WERE TALKING A 1000 BUCKS HERE!

Today the GSM of Henninger Toyota called me after I had sent him an email. I explained the whole situation (again there are many left out details). Later in the day he got back to me with "his decision" which was to reimburse me for half ($500) and my free oil changes to be done at there location. He also mentioned that i could get the remainder 500 back if I were to refer someone who would buy a vehicle. I thought that was a strange offer considering our situation. I will settle with his offer for now but I'm not going to roll over. I'll be writing a few emails to toyota and perhaps some folks in the media... . . . . . . . . . .

TomcoPDR
07-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Henningerhater
I will settle with his offer for now but I'm not going to roll over. I'll be writing a few emails to toyota and perhaps some folks in the media... . . . . . . . . . .

Ummmmmmm hate to say this, but once you agree to "settle", that should be the end of the issue.

That goes beyond just the H.T. dealership issue man, in life, in business; either move on or let it consume your time/life.

If you're not satisfy with this half $500 back, then refuse it and inform the manager you'll pursue this issue to a higher level.

Disclaimer: Tom Co dent repair has neutral opinion about dealership or customer involved. :guns:

Mitsu3000gt
07-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Definitely don't settle for anything less than every penny of that $1000 back. That's ridiculous. If you settle youll have a way harder time getting the rest of it back.

TorqueDog
07-19-2007, 11:08 AM
NEVER settle for anything less than your full deposit. They have not sold you a product, and legally cannot hold your money, especially after they fell short on THEIR promises to deliver the vehicle in a timely manner.

I did car sales for three years in Manitoba, and I totally don't agree with that sleazy bullshit about keeping deposits.

ACX
07-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Evidently their lemming customer base doesn't mind being abused.

I'd look into any legal recourse, a letter or even a phonecall from a lawyer.

If the agreement originally was for X to be delivered by a timeframe, and they fucked up then it seems like they defaulted..

Heh another import dealer doing to world a favour by letting people spend their money there..

Who is this guy Monty Hall?

http://org.elon.edu/philosophy/ptp2/Monty%20hall.jpg

TorqueDog
07-19-2007, 11:41 AM
Good thing I dislike Toyotas and would never be caught dead in one of their dealerships.

Except for this one time in Winnipeg, the Toyota dealer had a C5 Convertible that I test drove. Other than that, though....

jonnycat
07-19-2007, 11:56 AM
They can't keep it, it's illegal. Tell them you're calling AMVIC, get the money back and then actualy call AMVIC.

QuasarCav
07-19-2007, 12:02 PM
I can't fucking believe that he only offered half of your cash back.

dericer
07-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Only if you have signed a bill of sale can they legally keep your money.

If they agreed to have your car in 2 days, and they cannot keep their end of the agreement, the agreement is null, and void since it was a time sensative agreement.

T&T honda tried the same with me. I brought in a copy of the law as found on Queen's printer, and the greasy finance manager gave in.

Don't give up on it though.

BrknFngrs
07-19-2007, 12:25 PM
DO NOT SETTLE with those bastards. Why would you just let them keep $500 of your money?? Do you make a habit of letting people rob you?

JRSC00LUDE
07-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Yes, don't settle for anything less than what you gave them. And don't take them up on the "free oil changes" bullshit in their service dept. They'll end up making that $500 back off you in no time flat with all the "problems" they find while performing regular maintenance.

dericer
07-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by bosanel
Marlborough ford tried that with my dad. He told them that he's slit their throat "thats MY MONEY" and they called him 5 mins after he left the place telling him they will send the money to him on a cheque, it was so hillarious..

Ha,

My buddy had a simular approach. He just sat quietly while they told him why they wouldn't give back his money and took out a pair of isotoner gloves and slowly, methodically put them on. The sales rep. asked him what he was doing, and he replied "Waiting for you to say "no" again.

Benny
07-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Later in the day he got back to me with "his decision" which was to reimburse me for half ($500) and my free oil changes to be done at there location. He also mentioned that i could get the remainder 500 back if I were to refer someone who would buy a vehicle.

Should have told him to fuck right off. That's half of the money and you want it all back, and you sure as hell ain't gonna dick around refering customers to those assholes to get your own money back.

Just go down there and fuckin' raise hell. Make it well and clear that you aren't gonna give up and further action will come against them if you don't get your money right then and there.

Mitsu3000gt
07-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Go down there, make a scene, and encourage them to call the cops...then tell the cops the story maybe the manager will give your money back?

Regardless, it shouldn't be this hard.

soloracer
07-19-2007, 09:34 PM
If a deposit can be refunded what is the point of asking for a deposit? Not taking sides but I'm not sure of the process. I'm sure the dealerships have heard a ton of reasons for why the buyer eventually didn't want the car and if there is a contract that clearly states the conditions of the sale there really shouldn't be any argument by either side if the conditions are not met. There's always two sides to every story and I would be curious about what Henninger has to say about it. Again, not taking sides here - just wondering.

FiveFreshFish
07-19-2007, 09:45 PM
I heard that Heninger used to have a GM dealership a long time ago and lost it because of shady business practices.

Then he got a Toyota dealership when Toyota was trying to get established here and gave them to just about anyone.

A bit off topic but WTF.

signature7
07-19-2007, 09:51 PM
why would you settle for half? seriously reconsider it. This seems really strange to me as i would want the full amount back..

a while back my dad told me a story of how he was going to buy a mercedes the car he looked at had a black leather interior and fully loaded, he was happy, he said he wanted a car just like that.. put down a deposit a week later comes back and the car that came had a peanut butter gut- the whole interior was beige not black so my dad said he didn't want it- he wanted one just likehe was shown and they said they couldn't get any, my dad said he wanted his money back...basically the dealership told him he wouldn't be seeing any of his money back, he made a big scene inside the office and a manager came rushing down giving him a cheque nd told him he didn't want my dads service.

moral of the story, get shit signed.

Accord_tunerx
07-19-2007, 10:41 PM
wtf what car were you driving ?
come down tommorow and tell them you want your money back or
someone gonna get written up by toyota canada again ahhaha

make sure that darwin bastard gets written hes such a douche

403Gemini
07-19-2007, 11:53 PM
Could be true, but sounds all to unlikely to me. Just seems to conicidental that somebody has a bad experience at a dealership and is like "blar im pissed off" , stumbles upon our forum, starts up a new user name which obviously says he hates a particular dealership, obviously not a user name he'll want to be recognized for 1-2 years down the road if he continues his stay on our forum... then proceeds to say how he got screwed and didnt have enough of a backbone and tact to handle the situation himself and get his $1000 back ... nor lacked the intelligence to realize no matter what, always get it in paper... especially when:

"WERE TALKING A 1000 BUCKS HERE! "

But hey, thats just my thoughts.

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
I heard that Heninger used to have a GM dealership a long time ago and lost it because of shady business practices.

Then he got a Toyota dealership when Toyota was trying to get established here and gave them to just about anyone.

A bit off topic but WTF.

And no, thats not true, pretty sure he's always had a Toyota dealership, i'll ask him next time i see him ;)

Weapon_R
07-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by soloracer
If a deposit can be refunded what is the point of asking for a deposit? Not taking sides but I'm not sure of the process. I'm sure the dealerships have heard a ton of reasons for why the buyer eventually didn't want the car and if there is a contract that clearly states the conditions of the sale there really shouldn't be any argument by either side if the conditions are not met. There's always two sides to every story and I would be curious about what Henninger has to say about it. Again, not taking sides here - just wondering.

A deposit serves to hold a car that you've decided to purchase subject to all other conditions of the sale being met. If a car is promised on a certain date and cannot be delivered, there is a breach of the contract and he should be allowed to receive his deposit. It's true, most of the time a deposit should not be refunded, but in cases where a dealership cannot deliver, a refund is appropriate.

Henningerhater
07-20-2007, 02:54 PM
403Gemini = Douchbag. Can I take a guess that your greasy car salesman yourself? I shouldnt have to go into a dealership expecting to be f**ked over. I was promised the car in 2 days. I explicitly told the salesman that I need this thing right away. My employer requires us to have a commercial grade ladder rack installed. I would have been much more relaxed about the whole situation if I didnt need to make mods to it. Either way your one dick in a million who might side with a dealership. And as i said before there are many more details that would probably open your down syndrome eyes. As for dealing with the situation I have yet to talk to the GSM about his "decision" so I'm not going to settle for half until I've looked at all my possibilities. And i didnt just stumble onto this forum. I've known of beyond.ca for quite some time now. It was suggested by a friend to post my experience online to get some feedback as to what my options are ect...

G
07-20-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
...And no, thats not true, pretty sure he's always had a Toyota dealership, i'll ask him next time i see him ;)

What's the wink for after you said the next time you see him? Is Henninger gay? Now I'm really glad he didn't win the election.

Accord_tunerx
07-22-2007, 05:37 PM
^ lmao...that funny..yeah customer service is pretty bad down there general...some sales man i know are pretty chill but most are douches

Mauser
07-22-2007, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

A bit off topic but WTF.

You’ve heard wrong - It was a FORD dealership, started in 1953.

My grandfather, Jack Heninger, was a sub dealer for Maclin Ford. But Maclin became tense because he was starting to nearly out sell them each month. Maclin complained to Ford Motor Corp that Jack was giving away cars because the volume was so high.

Ford Motor Corp did an audit and found Jack was out grossing Maclin Ford by $200 a car. Obviously there was friction between Maclin and Jack so Ford resolved this by giving Jack the British Ford franchise for Calgary.

He did well with the British Fords so in addition he was later awarded the Edsel franchise in 1958. When Ford Motor Corp. stopped the British Fords from entering Canada, to appease Jack in 1960 he was given the Lincoln – Mercury franchise.

Looking for a new opportunity, in 1967 he went to Ford and cancelled his franchise. He started over, this time with a young and upcoming Japanese firm – Toyota.

403Gemini
07-23-2007, 01:11 PM
403Gemini = Douchbag. Can I take a guess that your greasy car salesman yourself? I shouldnt have to go into a dealership expecting to be fucked over. I was promised the car in 2 days. I explicitly told the salesdick that I need this thing right away. My employer requires us to have a commercial grade ladder rack installed. I would have been much more relaxed about the whole situation if I didnt need to make mods to it. Either way your one dick in a million who might side with a dealershit. And as i said before there are many more details that would probably open your down syndrome eyes. As for dealing with the situation I have yet to talk to the GSM about his "decision" so I'm not going to settle for half until I've looked at all my possibilities. And i didnt just stumble onto this forum. I've known of beyond.ca for quite some time now. It was suggested by a friend to post my experience online to get some feedback as to what my options are ect...

Your options? Have your balls drop and become a man. If you're as "tactful" in real life as you are in this forum, you deserve to get fucked over.

whiskas
07-23-2007, 01:25 PM
403Gemini = Douchbag. Can I take a guess that your greasy car salesman yourself? I shouldnt have to go into a dealership expecting to be fucked over. I was promised the car in 2 days. I explicitly told the salesdick that I need this thing right away. My employer requires us to have a commercial grade ladder rack installed. I would have been much more relaxed about the whole situation if I didnt need to make mods to it. Either way your one dick in a million who might side with a dealershit. And as i said before there are many more details that would probably open your down syndrome eyes.

:rofl:

Even though I agree that what they did to you is wrong, I just have to say that is one the classiest posts I've had the pleasure of reading on these boards.

Henningerhater
07-24-2007, 11:14 AM

Your options? Have your balls drop and become a man. If you're as "tactful" in real life as you are in this forum, you deserve to get fucked over.

Drop my balls where? In your mouth you say? Well I don't have time for tea, sorry. With as big as your mouth is Im sure they would fit at least.

Henningerhater
07-24-2007, 11:40 AM
Anyways. I have just recieved a letter from AMVIC regarding an email i had sent them. I should be hearing back from my rep in a week or so. Sounds like they might be able to help. I`ll update after I have a verdict. I`m not keeping my hopes up though.

Super_Geo
07-24-2007, 11:42 AM

Drop my balls where? In your mouth you say? Well I don't have time for tea, sorry. With as big as your mouth is Im sure they would fit at least.

Chill the fuck out, champ :rolleyes:

Henningerhater
07-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Chill the fuck out, champ :rolleyes: Hey. Didnt mean to offend anyone. I have little patience for anyone trying to accuse me of being an idiot. If you can imagine I've had a rough month.

403Gemini
07-24-2007, 06:43 PM
Hey. Didnt mean to offend anyone. I have little patients for anyone trying to accuse me of being an idiot. If you can imagine I've had a rough month.

Sorry if i made it out to seem you were being an idiot, but maybe your obvious temper is the reason you didnt have any progress at Heninger. If you deal with things a little bit more calmly it may have rolled out better. Also theres no way I would have accepted only half back, thats bullshit, and if its any consolation, i do hope you get your money back - just next time remeber to get a receipt ;)

DAN_S
07-24-2007, 07:37 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

ZorroAMG
07-24-2007, 08:25 PM
Hey. Didnt mean to offend anyone. I have little patients for anyone trying to accuse me of being an idiot. If you can imagine I've had a rough month.

You're right, how can we accuse you of being an idiot...especially with all your patients....are you a doctor?

It's patience, BTW.

syb65
07-24-2007, 08:33 PM
^^way to go and piss him off some morrrrrrre

rage2
07-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by ChokeEmOut
Henninger is Gay. I went to highschool with his son. Major homo!
I went to highschool with him too and he got all the ladies :dunno:. I thought he was a good guy.

TomcoPDR
07-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by ChokeEmOut

I went to school with a certain Henninger (freind, fellow beyond.ca member) whom claimed his dad owned Henninger Toyota throughout highschool for props from the basketball team.

Im not gonna say who, because he knows who he is...
But lets just say, he had no affiliation with Henninger Toyota.

Hope that cleared up some confusion. :dunno: :devil:

So if I'm reading that correctly, he was just claiming someone's last name (and claiming to be someone's son/daughter)??? AND got the credits for it?

My full name is Thomas Trump BTW. And you're all fired blah.

Henningerhater
07-26-2007, 09:30 AM

Sorry if i made it out to seem you were being an idiot, but maybe your obvious temper is the reason you didnt have any progress at Heninger. If you deal with things a little bit more calmly it may have rolled out better. Also theres no way I would have accepted only half back, thats bullshit, and if its any consolation, i do hope you get your money back - just next time remeber to get a receipt ;)
This was my first time buying a new vehicle so I wasnt aware of how anal these dealerships could be. It was hard to keep my cool when i was in total bewilderment when they refused to give me a refund. You would have to have been there. I think anyone in the same situation would have "raised voice" as well. Going back I probably would have walked out with a yes or no and dealt with it in an other way. If you knew me you would agree that I'm not one to be hot headed but I dont like being taken advantage of...

Paul
07-26-2007, 05:01 PM

If you knew me you would agree that I'm not one to be hot headed but I dont like being taken advantage of...

:bullshit:

why didn't you just call Tony Tighe to begin with and let him do the ass kickin'

bamboo403
09-26-2007, 04:12 PM
What a Whiner....
Get a f...ing life...move on

D. Dub
09-26-2007, 06:04 PM
The whole point of the deposit in a transaction is to act as recourse for damages for the dealership IF the buyer backs out of the deal. The OP has no right to the deposit back if he's backing out of the deal. :dunno:

dieselpower91
09-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub
The whole point of the deposit in a transaction is to act as recourse for damages for the dealership IF the buyer backs out of the deal. The OP has no right to the deposit back if he's backing out of the deal. :dunno:

If you read the thread the dealership didn't uphold their part of the deal either with not following through on the delivery date as promised.

D. Dub
09-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Was the delivery date in writing?? I highly doubt it. If it was then the dealership would not have kept the deposit as they are the ones that nullified the deal.

phreezee
09-26-2007, 06:43 PM
IMO, keeping a deposit is wrong if you don't deliver the product... end of story.

ChokeEmOut
09-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

So if I'm reading that correctly, he was just claiming someone's last name (and claiming to be someone's son/daughter)??? AND got the credits for it?

My full name is Thomas Trump BTW. And you're all fired blah.

No. He is a Henninger.
Just not affiliated with the dealership.