PDA

View Full Version : Boulder Creek Golf Course

koopkoop2
07-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Located in Langdon, Alberta and it just opened this month.

Anyone play here yet? How was it?

http://www.bouldercreek.ca/index.php
http://www.bouldercreek.ca/assets/images/Golf-Course_map.jpg

bksze
07-18-2007, 02:13 PM
I would wait till next year before trying this course out.

Constant construction on the way up there so plan ahead if you do go out. I played there last week and it was cheap but it was by far the worst round I've played in the world. The course has potential but they opened way too early. None of the traps are filled, the pathways for the carts were non-existent and the greens are a course itself, with sand traps and long grass. There are no yardage indicators to start each hole, and just a 150 marker on some holes. They also don't have a liquor license, any cooked food or a cart girl so plan accordingly.

cmodem
07-18-2007, 02:33 PM
they do have a nice website hahahah

CaptainReboot
07-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Was this the course I kept hearing on the radio that was offering free golf for a while for a food bank donation?

I remember it was a new course, but not the name.

modded46
07-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Pretty good deal on their web site.. You can get 10 Green fee coupons for $430.00 but I don't see anything other than pre-purchased passes as an option. 32 bucks for a cart though.. Looks like a lot of water.. 14 of the 18 holes have water.. Might go out there once but I don't think I would want to do it 10 times..

ZMan2k2
07-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Just played it on Sunday. I would wait for next year at least. At least 2/3 of the bunkers aren't even filled, just a bunch of weeds and water. The fairways are soggy and muddy, the greens aren't in the best condition. Overall it's a good course, and it will be a good challenge when it gets a little more improved.

And there's these nasty brown flys out there that bite like an SOB. And bug spray, it seems, just attracts them.

Madspinner
07-20-2007, 10:42 PM
Yeah I played there on tuesday . Lets just say it was a challenge, I got bit by a couple of those deerflys, Lots of dragonflys all over the green.The fairways are wet and the cart paths are muddy as hell. The other cart we were with got stuck in the mud. So we had to push them out, They have only been open for 2weeks they were telling us. The proshop and restaurant will be open in 2 weeks, They are operating out of a tent right now. They tryed recruit me for the kitchen.lol

Mckenzie
07-28-2007, 04:48 PM
On their grand opening, I almost walked off after getting to my first shot because the mosquitoes were so bad!

The course was in terrible shape and not even worth playing- but could not play for free. I would avoid this one for this year but would go back when it matures.

DuPont
07-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by ZMan2k2
Just played it on Sunday. I would wait for next year at least. At least 2/3 of the bunkers aren't even filled, just a bunch of weeds and water. The fairways are soggy and muddy, the greens aren't in the best condition. Overall it's a good course, and it will be a good challenge when it gets a little more improved.

:werd: We were just there this afternoon. Give it a year at least and we'll go back, but it's not ready yet. No signs or yard markers, cartpaths looked more like ATV trails, THEY"RE NOT LICENCED yet (walking 18 holes with no shade and 27*, you need beers), patchy fairways, inconsistant greens, the beercart girl had no method to her madness... etc.
One of the easier courses I've played though. The 1st hole is the only one I can remember that i couldn't see the flag from the tee box. I could have just brought a driver, 4 hybird, 9 iron ,and putter.

tenth
06-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Has anybody by chance given this course a try this year to comment on whether it's improved at all?

BlkMaxima
06-03-2008, 04:03 PM
I played it on Saturday. From the looks of this thread it has deffinately improved a bit. The fairways were decent. The greens are still crap. And those damn huge flies are crazy. All around the 8th and 9th holes.

It was alright for a cheap round of golf, but I won't be going back this year. Maybe next year.

2.0turbo
06-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Never played it, looks like crap. Prairie course beside the train and powerlines. Cool name although there are no boulders or creeks. Just wide open with two foot tall trees. Let down.....

20incheyes
07-02-2008, 01:41 PM
This place is infested with Mosquitos and bugs :( The ground crew aren't maintaining it properly, lots of wild grass and standing water so I suggest you skip it for another season. We ended up leaving after the forth hole....