PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Green Tinted Out 3000GT Owner In NE

BrknFngrs
07-18-2007, 02:27 PM
On the off chance that your a beyond member I thought Id let ya know that your car is leaking gas out the exhaust like crazy. I was behind you today right before you crossed 36th street to go into the marlborough mall parking lot around 2pm. You were side by side with a 300zx right before, just behind golds gym. When you left the light there was a reallllllly bad gas smell and you left a trail about 30ft long of fluid coming from your exhaust.

Mangina
07-18-2007, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
On the off chance that your a beyond member I thought Id let ya know that your car is leaking gas out the exhaust like crazy. I was behind you today right before you crossed 36th street to go into the marlborough mall parking lot around 2pm. You were side by side with a 300zx right before, just behind golds gym. When you left the light there was a reallllllly bad gas smell and you left a trail about 30ft long of fluid coming from your exhaust.

It's water fool!!!

snowboard
07-18-2007, 02:29 PM
uhhhh
i dont think it would have been gas.
hes probably running rich
and has alot of condensate or whatever coming from his exhaust

BrknFngrs
07-18-2007, 02:34 PM
see i thought of water since it was brutal in the NE last night, but the smell of gas was extreme.

I could be wrong but i figured id offer a heads up in case its something serious, really smelt like gas

modded46
07-18-2007, 03:22 PM
There is no way for fuel to last from the injectors to the tail pipe.. He's probably just running very rich and condensation from the exhaust system.

The gas would have to be injected and then flow through his exhaust ports and down the headers etc.. etc.. it's impossible.

BrknFngrs
07-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by modded46
There is no way for fuel to last from the injectors to the tail pipe.. He's probably just running very rich and condensation from the exhaust system.

The gas would have to be injected and then flow through his exhaust ports and down the headers etc.. etc.. it's impossible.

Alrite, I stand corrected. Nice car btw

spikerS
07-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by modded46

not really, we used to stick spark plugs at the end of our tail pipes back on the farm for kicks to ignite the unburned gas and have flames shoot out the tail pipe. mind you, this was on early '80s cars with V8 engines, can't comment on if this would work with newer imports....

bspot
07-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by spikers

not really, we used to stick spark plugs at the end of our tail pipes back on the farm for kicks to ignite the unburned gas and have flames shoot out the tail pipe. mind you, this was on early '80s cars with V8 engines, can't comment on if this would work with newer imports....

That gas was vapor, not liquid.

Sanj7
07-18-2007, 07:41 PM
Im the owner of the 3000gt lol. I checked if anything was leaking from the exhaust. I didnt smell any gas or see any thing come out. I got a mecanic to take a look at it to he said he looks fine. I duno but thnx for the heads up anyways.

Anyways when did you see all that stuff come out. When I sped up a bit?

BrknFngrs
07-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Sanj7
Im the owner of the 3000gt lol. I checked if anything was leaking from the exhaust. I didnt smell any gas or see any thing come out. I got a mecanic to take a look at it to he said he looks fine. I duno but thnx for the heads up anyways.

Anyways when did you see all that stuff come out. When I sped up a bit?

ya when ya took off from the lights at the bottom of the hill that goes past Work Out World, thought id offer the heads up just in case anything was wrong :thumbsup: