PDA

View Full Version : Help in excel

big_k
07-18-2007, 06:19 PM
Just wondering if anyone on here knows if there is a way to make a cell highlighted if it equals a certain number

basically, i am making a golf stats tracker in excel, and i have everything done in it that i want, i just would like to know if there is a way to highlight birdies and eagles and etc.

so i need a formula something like this:

=if(b2=b1-1, fill with yellow, )

any ideas or if the question doesn't make sense, let me know

thanks
kurt

Sharpie
07-18-2007, 06:56 PM
cant you just highlight it and then change the color by right clicking or by clicking somewhere on the menu?

IncredibleToad
07-18-2007, 07:08 PM
sounds like it could be done with macros!

I haven't used em in a while, but do a quick search in the Help window, basically you set a condition and if this condition is met...say in your case a certain number, you can record your mouse strokes (a method to make a macro) so that every time this condition is met...excel will follow everything you did step-by-step with the mouse automatically.

(for example, go to Tools, go to format, and then pick a color to fill a cell with)

You can then copy this "macro" into any other cells that you would like to have the steps done onto (like filling a cell wtih color)

WOW my engrish no so good, just came back from a run im exhausted haha, if u need clarification plz ask me again :zzz:

big_k
07-18-2007, 08:33 PM
i never even thought of macros, i will give that a try, thanks!

Doozer
07-18-2007, 08:50 PM
Yup, 2 seconds on Google....

http://www.timeatlas.com/mos/5_Minute_Tips/General/How_to_use_Conditional_Formatting_to_Highlight_Data/

big_k
07-18-2007, 09:39 PM
thanks for the link!