PDA

View Full Version : Turbo Tuning

Perceptionist
07-18-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm in the process of installing a turbo kit I pieced together into my 1997 Acura 2.2 CL. The engine is a SOHC f22b1 (vtec) and I've got a chipped P28 ECU (with the OBD2-OBD1 conversion harness) and some DSM 450 injectors I want to run. Right now there is a map on the chip that was tuned for the exact same set-up as mine (other than the intercooler size and his injectors being blacktops, mine being bluetops). The map was tuned in Seatle (at sea level) and I'm not sure how that will effect my engine since we're at 3400ft.
Anyway, I was hoping to get the ECU tuned on a dyno by a professional so I could smooth out any problems with the map. My problem is finding a professional to tune it for me...
I talked to Matt at Tecmotion but he told me his dyno is booked for 6 weeks.
I phoned Speedtech and the guy's number they gave me (Anthony) has never worked with Crome, just Hondata and some other programs I don't think will work for me.
I can't get any response from PMing Rage2.
So.... if anyone has suggestions on tuners for a chipped P28 ecu, I'd love to hear them.
If this falls through, I guess I'll have to buy a wideband, an emulator or chip burner, a datalogging cable, and try to street tune the thing myself.

jaylo
07-18-2007, 08:33 PM
I am pretty sure that you can get a tuner here in Calgary. When I did my car I sent my ECU to a tuner from New Jersey and he did a basemap for me. It was scary accurate. Ask around and I believe that you can find one locally.

Or you can go to CL forums and maybe you can find a tuner here in Calgary or Edmonton.

cressida_pimpin
07-23-2007, 12:31 PM
Give Davenport a call

Perceptionist
07-23-2007, 04:45 PM
I decided to go ahead and buy an LC-1, Ostrich, and USB datalogging cable. I'm gonna tune the bitch myself

rc2002
07-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Good luck with that. Flattening out the A/F is easy, but when you get to the ignition timing, you'll probably want to seek out a dyno.

vtec
07-23-2007, 06:09 PM
ya thats what i just learned at a dyno course ive just taken.
A/f ratios are a breeze, but ignition timing to need a dyno to see
your torque curve and adjust by that.

Maxt
07-23-2007, 07:52 PM
Is there a link for the Crome software where I can have a look at it?
I have a dyno, I need to learn some of the Honda software, most of the stuff I have done is Haltech, power FC, f-con, motec, I am going to tackle an AEM shortly.

Perceptionist
07-23-2007, 08:58 PM
http://www.tunewithcrome.com/download.html - Here is the link to download the program
http://www.moates.net/zips/crome/Tuning%20with%20CROME%20v1.06.pdf
http://www.xenocron.com/install/CromeGuide.htm -These two links are good info to get started

Maxt, do you have a load type dyno or an inertia dyno?

Maxt
07-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Its an inertia (dynojet) but it has the proportional brake loading option as well.
Thanks for the link, I will check that software out. An engine is an engine, but getting use to the software is half the battle when it comes to tuning.