PDA

View Full Version : For u RC people

sexualbanana
06-22-2003, 11:00 PM
I just got one Saturday
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/rc/electric/110scalexb/57715.html

Now I'm tempted to do some things to it, exterior and engine mods wise.

Aesthetically, I'm looking for something besides the funky paint and decals.

Any ideas?

ZorroAMG
06-23-2003, 01:57 AM
Ummm Tamiya stuff is hard to mod because it is not as popular as the full race stuff. I am not trying to slam your car though man, nice ride. You can get different wheels for it and they make lighting kits if you want to have fun instead of only racing.

And its a motor, not an engine buddy ;) they are easy to mod though, start off with a machine wound modified motor until you are ready and know your car's diff and electronics can handle hand-wound modified motors..they are hella fast!

Other bling bling stuff, which may or may not be available for your car, are CF chassis, aluminum and titanium parts..

check out PM Hobbies and ask for Ryan for mods to your car.

Davetronz
06-23-2003, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Ummm Tamiya stuff is hard to mod because it is not as popular as the full race stuff. I am not trying to slam your car though man, nice ride. You can get different wheels for it and they make lighting kits if you want to have fun instead of only racing.

And its a motor, not an engine buddy ;) they are easy to mod though, start off with a machine wound modified motor until you are ready and know your car's diff and electronics can handle hand-wound modified motors..they are hella fast!

Other bling bling stuff, which may or may not be available for your car, are CF chassis, aluminum and titanium parts..

check out PM Hobbies and ask for Ryan for mods to your car.
Zorro is right.
The Tamiya stuff is indeed hard to mod because there is no official race category for it. LOL the one benefit is since you are electric you can play with your toy inside the house. I would have a nitro high for a week and enough exhaust to clean up for a year if I even started mine inside. :D
Good to see that you are into the hobby.
As far as getting some parts, I would recommend HobbyGuys across the street from Peters Drive In, they are awesome guys there, talk to Brian about parts, Craig about Tuning and Todd about toys. They are my source for spending the money I dont have ;)
But yea awesome guys there although you might want to ask if they can get you parts..... ....Because I dont think they carry your model.
- Dave

Come join us on:
www.calgaryrc.com
or www.carcar.ca

ZorroAMG
06-23-2003, 02:21 AM
Which is why I suggested PM ;)

Davetronz
06-23-2003, 02:23 AM
Which is why I suggested PM ;)
But but, he could go to HobbyGuys to hang out and smell the nitro. Cus you know the saying...
"The only thing that burns faster than nitro in this hobby is the money"

ZorroAMG
06-23-2003, 02:44 AM
True! PM guys know a ton more about electric, also, Sexualbanana, you may want to try Model Land and ask for Don, they have a lot of different stuff and know Tamiya pretty well too.

sexualbanana
06-23-2003, 09:46 AM
Yeah i got electric for the ability of playing with in the house (though i keep nailing shit).
since i won't be modding the real thing, i guess i'll have to stick to the models.

ZorroAMG
06-23-2003, 10:18 AM
It is a LOT harder to drive fast than people think, I have been racing for over a year now at my skill has improved night and day...

Davetronz
06-23-2003, 11:27 AM
It is a LOT harder to drive fast than people think, I have been racing for over a year now at my skill has improved night and day...
I still hit things... :banghead:

Ben
06-23-2003, 11:30 AM
I need to buy one of these things!

Someone sell me their nitro one.