PDA

View Full Version : Dental plan from two difference companies???

SilverRex
07-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Hi,

can anyone answer this question for me,

if I was to have two job by myself and both companies offer full dental benefit plan. Both compaines covers 50% for orthdontics work but by two difference insurance companies

Say my wife wanted some dental work, If I was to submit the claim to both companies do I basically get 100% insurance paid coverage?

because I talked to my dentist (admin) and she says she has seen enough claims that no matter if its one company or two, if it is orthdontic work, both company will only cover up to 50% which means I will have to pay the other 50% out of my pocket.

So I called one of my group plan (sun life) and the lady told me they do not know of any restriction. They will reimburse me up to 50% of the estimate. And saids, all I have to do is submit the estimate to both insurance companies, and after sunlife pays me I will then send a copy of the recipte to the 2nd insurance company for the other half of the reimbursement.

So has anyone experience this and can tell me for sure I would get the full coverage by having two benefit plans under my name?

mekeni
07-19-2007, 07:16 PM
it should be full coverage...

BlackArcher101
07-20-2007, 11:30 AM
Isn't claiming work more than once essentially fraud?

lint
07-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by mekeni
it should be full coverage...

Only if the two companies will coordinate benefits, and that usually happens for spouses. If they don't you can only submit the claim to one company or the other but not both, and you will be on the hook for 50% of the cost.

urban.one
07-20-2007, 01:42 PM
Another thing to consider, at least with the dentist (not sure if it applies to ortho). Say you get $500 of work done but the schedule says it shoud only cost $300. Even between the two insurance companies you will only get a total of $300 covered and not the $500 you paid.