PDA

View Full Version : need help setting up my external wastegate on my new setup, please help

euro_racer
07-19-2007, 11:17 PM
hey guys, im just finishing installing my new turbo but i have one little problem.

my old turbo was a t3/to4e ad it had the pressure source intlet on the air side. i had my wastegate setup so that one input i think it was the lower one went into the air side of the turbo and teh other went into my solenoid for my boost controller. now my problem is that the new turbo t3/t4 57 trim dosnt have that intlet/pressure source on the air side of the turbo.

how would i go about installing my wastegate now? its a external wastegate by the way.

thanks alot

gpomp
07-19-2007, 11:34 PM
drill, tap, then throw a fitting on it.

or this: http://www.atpturbo.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=tp&Product_Code=ATP-FTG-010&Category_Code=BCS

euro_racer
07-20-2007, 12:09 AM
damn, any other pressure source i could use? i already mounted the turbo i donno if i will be able to tap anything in now

tomt64
07-20-2007, 11:15 PM
Tee it off a vac line going to the manifold if you want. Only problem with this is, instead of it being [example] 7 psi at the turbo, it will be 7psi at the manifold so the turbo will be running a little more than that depending on your setup.

Accord_tunerx
07-21-2007, 12:17 PM
omg....
euro racer...i thought this was show and no go =\
ahah :eek:

Annoyingrob
07-22-2007, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by tomt64
Tee it off a vac line going to the manifold if you want. Only problem with this is, instead of it being [example] 7 psi at the turbo, it will be 7psi at the manifold so the turbo will be running a little more than that depending on your setup.
Yes, you can use a manifold source, which may actually boost slightly higher then off of the compressor housing depending on the pressure drop in your IC and piping.

If you do use a manifold source, run a dedicated line, don't tee off of something. You want as clean of a signal as possible. One word of caution, running off of the manifold can cause spiking or oscillation issues due to the inherant lag of the pressure wave travelling through the whole system.

Personally, I ran my GT40-88 1JZ with a 50mm wastegate off of the manifold, and had ZERO problems.

euro_racer
07-22-2007, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Accord_tunerx
omg....
euro racer...i thought this was show and no go =\
ahah :eek:

nah bro, this is my brothers stock 337 you were thinking about, we share this account ;)

i ended up tee'ing it off into the charge pipe and took it for a spin last night, seems to work good so far, ill keep you guys updated as im going to an eurodriver cruise to bragg creek today so that should be enaugh of a test :thumbsup:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v630/karnaibsg/Picture032-1.jpg