PDA

View Full Version : Electronica Music

shakalaka
07-19-2007, 11:23 PM
Alright so recently i've started getting into electronica music. I have been listening to tracks from pretty much all over the different genres, for example, trance, techno, dance, drum and bass, house etc...etc. I am not even sure whether such genres' fit under the 'electronica' category or not, but that's how they have them sorted at HMV.

Anyways, the problem I find is that I am never able to tell what song belongs to what genre when I listen to them, unless i've heard of the song before or I read the label obviously.

So my question is, what is like the main difference between such genres like trance, techno, dance, house...etc, cause frankly they sound the same to me most of the times. How do you guys differentiate between these?

Also I am wondering, whether any of guys can recommend me some good genres' to specifically listen to, something that would have good base and sorta fast paced beats. Some of the songs I've been enjoying lately are like Put your hands up for Detroit-Fedde Le Grand, Creeps-Camille Jones & Fedde Le Grand, some of Scooter music, Destination Calabria...and few more like these.

boi-alien
07-20-2007, 06:13 AM
http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html

Here's a really good guide, hope that helps. Although the guy is quite a music snob, but just use it as a guide for genres, you can take his comments with a grain of salt.