PDA

View Full Version : "Dick in a Box" Emmy Nominated

D'z Nutz
07-20-2007, 11:01 AM
http://www.muchmusic.com/news/story.asp?id=19572

JT Gets Emmy Nod
Friday, July 20, 2007

Justin Timberlake and Andy Samberg have been nominated for an Emmy for their song "Dick in A Box." The duo performed the hilarious song on Saturday Night Live last year which featured the two with a box covering their man-parts. The song is nominated in the Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics category.

Samberg was here earlier this week and spoke about performing the song “D in a B” at Madison Square Garden in February:

"That was one of the stranger moments of my life, for sure. I'm getting on stage at MSG with JT, singing 'D in a B'," the actor told Much. "It was nuts. It was, like, 18,000 people screaming. We got to rise up through the middle stage riser thing, with the spotlight... It was pretty cool."

haha, I thought it was a joke, but sure enough, it's listed under "Outstanding Original Music And Lyrics":
http://www.emmys.tv/awards/2007pt/59thnominations.php

spyce
07-20-2007, 11:10 AM
ahaah nice
it deserves a little recognition :D

dj_rice
07-20-2007, 04:06 PM
Its an original and unique for sure...:thumbsup:

pinoyhero
07-20-2007, 06:29 PM
I watched that about 20 times on youtube it deserves a win!

finboy
07-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Its an original and unique for sure...:thumbsup:

drew carey did a VERY similar skit in the mid 90's, i honestly didn't even find "dick in a box" funny.

dj_rice
07-20-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by finboy

drew carey did a VERY similar skit in the mid 90's, i honestly didn't even find "dick in a box" funny.

Link please

ZorroAMG
07-20-2007, 07:57 PM
Nice!

SunniSunShine
07-21-2007, 11:49 AM

are you talking about the episode when they were stipping at the bar and were dressed as ups guys with a package on their "package"

that was funny, but its not like they copied the idea, the song is completely original, its awesome!

finboy
07-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by SunniSunShine

are you talking about the episode when they were stipping at the bar and were dressed as ups guys with a package on their "package"

that was funny, but its not like they copied the idea, the song is completely original, its awesome!

that would be the one

NyO7QTT962o

"you guys got velcro?"

not exact same as the skit but i wouldn't exactly call "dick in a box" original :dunno:

dj_rice
07-21-2007, 03:27 PM

that would be the one

NyO7QTT962o

"you guys got velcro?"

not exact same as the skit but i wouldn't exactly call "dick in a box" original :dunno:

I stand corrected

BerserkerCatSplat
07-21-2007, 04:09 PM

that would be the one

NyO7QTT962o

"you guys got velcro?"

:rofl: :rofl: That was funnier than DIAB. "Sorry you had to see my butt, sorry you had to see my butt..."

CKY
07-21-2007, 05:32 PM
I miss Drew Carey, they stopped throwing ep's on cable

szw
07-21-2007, 05:55 PM

Pretty much not similar at all.

finboy
07-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by szw

Pretty much not similar at all.

other then the fact that the joke of the whole thing is that the bald dude HAS HIS DICK IN THE BOX which would be given to someone as he is dressed up as a ups worker, no, not similar at all ;)

D'z Nutz
07-21-2007, 06:12 PM

That was funny (I miss the Drew Carey Show), but the nomination is for "Outstanding Original Music And Lyrics", not "Outstanding Original Skit Ideas".

Supa Dexta
07-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Drew is going to be the new host of price is right, if that hasn't been posted yet.. I think thats whats been decided anyways,... million X better then rosie.. but its gonna be different...

403Gemini
07-27-2007, 05:30 PM

agree, dick in a box made me chuckle, but for everybody who said it was the funniest SNL skit ever... no way. IMO Cowbell and heck, even lazy sunday was way better

finboy
07-27-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

agree, dick in a box made me chuckle, but for everybody who said it was the funniest SNL skit ever... no way. IMO Cowbell and heck, even lazy sunday was way better

also pepper boy, farley kills it...

-5477308963741918313&q

TeamBestBud
07-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Drew is going to be the new host of price is right, if that hasn't been posted yet.. I think thats whats been decided anyways,... million X better then rosie.. but its gonna be different...

It won't be the same without Bob Barker though.
"Price is WRONG bitch"- happy gilmore

Lazy Sunday FTW lol