PDA

View Full Version : Best place in town to get an alignment?

Berg9987
07-20-2007, 11:33 AM
I took the MR2 to Midas this morning for a four wheel alignment. The entire process did not go as planned. I had an appointment for nine thirty. I dropped it off fifteen minutes early. They take my info and then I ask to confirm the price. Just over one hundred dollars. The guy behind the counter then tells me that that is just for the toe in and out on the four wheels. I had told a different guy on the phone that I needed toe, castor, and camber on all four wheels and he gave me the same $104 quote. He tells me that it is $56 for every half hour after that. I ask how long it's going to take, and he says that he won't know till its on the machine, but "a car so old will most likely be all seized up". At this point I tell him that it is not as I have made sure that every single adjustment can be turned with hand tools. He repeats the "have to wait tilll its on the machine." So I return to work. I don't hear anything for a while. Finally at almost eleven thirty he calls me. I expect to hear about how out of alignment everything was. Instead he tells me that one of my tyres is worn too much to do an alignment! Two hours after my appointment. The tyre was fine last week when I made the appointment. So I go back to pick up my car. He puts my keys down on the counter with an invoice. The invoice was for an alignment which wasn't done, but the two hours that he did nothing with my car was on there. Looks like he was going to try and tell me that the car was in the shop that long. When he sees me looking at it he takes it off the counter and prints up another one with no charge on it. I'm pretty sure that he was going to try and charge me for the two hours my car was just sitting there. Enough of me ranting though...

As the tittle says, where is the best place to get an MR2 aligned?

Cheers,
Berg

Redlyne_mr2
07-20-2007, 12:52 PM
cms/ok tire in the ne dude..Rob does the alignments there. He is used to doing modded cars as he owns one himself, he'll take the time, do it right, make sure everything is tight and not fuck you around like some many other homo shops out in the city today..

Berg9987
07-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Thats the one on 12th st? I'm heading out of town for two weeks next week. Hopefully by the time I return my new rims and rubber will be here. I'll call them when I return. Thanks for the info! It's not to far from where I work too, so it will probably work out well for me.

Cheers,
Berg

Berg9987
08-15-2007, 12:28 PM
Well I took the car in today, as per the appointment I made. I broke a stud putting the new wheels on and they replaced that for me. When it came to the alignment they told me that they could not do it as they had no way of measuring the rear strut rod adjustment (castor). Nice people, but they didn't have the equipment to do the job. They said that their machine is too old for that measurement. Makes me wonder a bit though because the car is pretty old...

Anyways, I broke down and now have an appointment for an alignment tomorrow morning at Charlesglen Toyota. Can't wait to get this out of the way...

Cheers,
Berg

Berg9987
08-17-2007, 06:38 AM
Had a very good experience at Charlesglen. They aligned my car no problem in about an hour. It cost just under eighty five dollars after tax. I would recommend them.

Cheers,
Berg