PDA

View Full Version : Is this misfiring or something else?

riceboi
07-20-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey guys, I'm driving 01' integra and recently I notice that when I'm driving at lower constant speed (<50 km/hr) , the engine intermittently starts shaking and when I push gas pedal to speed up the problem goes away. The symptom is more noticable on warmer day. Any advise? Thanks

avow
07-20-2007, 07:11 PM
warped rotors maybe? :dunno: i have a shake at around 50 on my lebarron that i dont get anywhere else. breaks were changed and everything. the origonal ownser said it is the motor mounts, but i never cared enough to look into it.

EK 2.0
07-20-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by avow
warped rotors maybe? :dunno:

uhmmmm no.

I am more leaning toward a fuel delivery problem of sorts.

frozenrice
07-21-2007, 09:51 AM
Spark issue? Does it seem like the engine is hesitating a bit?

riceboi
09-02-2007, 06:46 PM
So I replace the filter, spark plugs but no help at all? I'm thinking the fuel line get clogged or something? Where else can I look at? Thanks

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-02-2007, 06:59 PM
It sounds almost like motor mounts to me.. But then you would probably get more shaking when you apply more gas...

Maybe a clogged fuel filter? I know someone who would almost stall out when they cruised, but when they let off and then gassed again, it would be fine, because some of the crud being pushed against the fuel filter would clear up when there was no pressure being put through.

Schwa
09-03-2007, 12:13 AM
If it is misfiring it should throw a code...