PDA

View Full Version : LED Light bulbs?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8

ExtraSlow
06-01-2020, 01:21 PM
I also have a couple of the "downward folding 3-leaf kind" like these and I like them much less.

rx7boi
06-01-2020, 01:42 PM
Have a bunch of these, and I'm really happy with them. The four "leaves" fold upwards, so send the light outwards, and have a centre section that send light downwards. Have been installing at my moms, my brothers, and frankly everywhere.
https://www.amazon.ca/Plafonnier-sous-sol-panneaux-r%C3%A9glables-trilight/dp/B082WZ4ZKX

Those are dope, P.

I'm gonna buy a couple and try them out.

Is $19.99 each the best price and quality you've seen so far?

brucebanner
06-01-2020, 02:02 PM
Have a bunch of these, and I'm really happy with them. The four "leaves" fold upwards, so send the light outwards, and have a centre section that send light downwards. Have been installing at my moms, my brothers, and frankly everywhere.
https://www.amazon.ca/Plafonnier-sous-sol-panneaux-r%C3%A9glables-trilight/dp/B082WZ4ZKX

Probably very little shadow caused too with the center section lighting as well?

I have some tri fold lights that I put in the garage, while they're way better than the bulbs I had in there originally, my one complaint would be the shadows they create.

ExtraSlow
06-01-2020, 02:23 PM
Probably very little shadow caused too with the center section lighting as well?

I have some tri fold lights that I put in the garage, while they're way better than the bulbs I had in there originally, my one complaint would be the shadows they create.

Yeah zero shadow because of that centre section. $20/ea seems like a good price. There's several sellers and I think they all sell the exact same stuff, so it's probably different day to day.

dj_rice
06-01-2020, 03:41 PM
Are those Amazon bulbs have the certifications?

rx7boi
06-01-2020, 05:23 PM
I ordered a single bulb just now to try out. I just have to figure out which room I'd like to bless with additional lumens.

mr2mike
12-21-2020, 11:57 AM
Any reviews on led home use bulbs that don't start flickering after 9 months of typical use?
Collecting my bulbs purchased from home depot and returning them today. I kept the receipts and packaging because I've had this happen before. Getting tired of this "5yr warranty and last longer than incandescent bulbs". I'd gladly purchase incandescent made from glass and metal if I could.

schurchill39
12-21-2020, 12:12 PM
Any reviews on led home use bulbs that don't start flickering after 9 months of typical use?
Collecting my bulbs purchased from home depot and returning them today. I kept the receipts and packaging because I've had this happen before. Getting tired of this "5yr warranty and last longer than incandescent bulbs". I'd gladly purchase incandescent made from glass and metal if I could.

+1 I'd like to find some too. I've got a basement full that flicker horribly now. I think I've weeded out all the random bulbs in the rest of the house but about 1/3 of the ones in the basement are toast

killramos
12-21-2020, 12:21 PM
Buy Phillips bulbs

ThePenIsMightier
12-21-2020, 12:41 PM
Buy Phillips bulbs

My Sylvania were also good.

And don't buy Noma.
And don't buy Globe.

rage2
12-21-2020, 12:44 PM
Pretty much Philips only here now. Everything else has mostly failed. Just a handful of feit ones left that still works that's not Philips.

Can't believe it's been 13 years since I started this thread. I don't miss changing light bulbs at all.

Rocket1k78
12-21-2020, 01:22 PM
I also have a couple of the "downward folding 3-leaf kind" like these and I like them much less.

Costco had something similar to this so i bought 2 for the garage and its almost grow op ready with them. Worth every penny

killramos
12-21-2020, 01:24 PM
My Sylvania were also good.

And don't buy Noma.
And don't buy Globe.

I may have gotten in a relatively heated argument with my wife about this in the middle of a Home Depot.

She wanted some garbage no name bulb that looked cool, I said only buy Phillips because they are the only bulbs that work. We bought her bougie designer bulb. It no longer works. I have refused to replace it out of principal.

Yea yea. Csb

rage2
12-21-2020, 01:28 PM
I may have gotten in a relatively heated argument with my wife about this in the middle of a Home Depot.

She wanted some garbage no name bulb that looked cool, I said only buy Phillips because they are the only bulbs that work. We bought her bougie designer bulb. It no longer works. I have refused to replace it out of principal.
That's dark.

cyra1ax
12-21-2020, 01:34 PM
Buy Phillips bulbs

Hilariously I bought some dimmable Philips A19's(non-Hue) from HD that said they were non-humming. Brought them home, installed into fixture, turned them on and they started humming. Ended up with Amazonbasics bulbs instead.

killramos
12-21-2020, 01:56 PM
That's dark.

I’m a badass that’s for sure

- - - Updated - - -

Hilariously I bought some dimmable Philips A19's(non-Hue) from HD that said they were non-humming. Brought them home, installed into fixture, turned them on and they started humming. Ended up with Amazonbasics bulbs instead.

Sucks but maybe your fixture needs more expensive dimmable bulbs?

mr2mike
12-21-2020, 03:29 PM
That's dark.

How dim is Killramos?

Grabbed all my ecosmart POS bulbs, returned them. Had receipts and quoted the warranty off bulb website. Store credit. Went with Philips.
We will see if Rage is correct. Non-dimmable, soft light, 4 packs.

I'm betting I'll be back here and home depot in 6-9 months.

killramos
12-21-2020, 03:49 PM
How dim is Killramos?

Grabbed all my ecosmart POS bulbs, returned them. Had receipts and quoted the warranty off bulb website. Store credit. Went with Philips.
We will see if Rage is correct. Non-dimmable, soft light, 4 packs.

I'm betting I'll be back here and home depot in 6-9 months.

You spelled dumb wrong

Tik-Tok
12-21-2020, 04:39 PM
Almost every bulb in the house is Philips Hue now. Basement ceiling is 100% Hue colour.

killramos
12-21-2020, 04:41 PM
Almost every bulb in the house is Philips Hue now. Basement ceiling is 100% Hue colour.

Bougie

Tik-Tok
12-21-2020, 04:58 PM
Bougie

Ambience during an orgy is important.

rage2
12-21-2020, 06:55 PM
When COVID is over, I'll come over and turn off all your power switches.

mr2mike
12-21-2020, 07:09 PM
More so than ever I want to learn how to hack the Vue bulbs.

ZenOps
01-13-2021, 06:53 AM
klaJqofCsu4

Dubai bulbs are best (for energy efficiency), but difficult to find in warm white. Overengineered because of hot climate and other factors. Of course though, wrong initial voltage for North America.

prae
01-13-2021, 11:32 AM
klaJqofCsu4

Dubai bulbs are best (for energy efficiency), but difficult to find in warm white. Overengineered because of hot climate and other factors. Of course though, wrong initial voltage for North America.

wow! Cool vid. I follow bigclive but missed this.

Tik-Tok
01-14-2021, 12:02 PM
Well TIL most led bulbs yellow over time. I had one of our under cabinet ones fail, so bought a replacement. As soon as I turned it on, the difference between it, and the rest was crazy. It was so much whiter, I thought I bought the wrong colour temp. Then I realized that what I was seeing is what they USED to look like 6 years ago when we replaced the cabinets.

I looked into it, and I guess the epoxy they use to seal the bulb can go yellow over time in a hot environment. Under cabinet lights don't get much airflow, so they run pretty hot.

Now I have to replace them all ffs.

Pic doesn't do it justice, but you can see the difference a bit. Left is new, right is old.

killramos
01-14-2021, 12:28 PM
I mean there will be colour variations between manufacturers and bulb types too.

The smart move is to buy at least a few extra bulbs whenever you replace a whole set.

Tik-Tok
01-14-2021, 12:34 PM
I mean there will be colour variations between manufacturers and bulb types too.

The smart move is to buy at least a few extra bulbs whenever you replace a whole set.

Same bulbs, same manufacturer, same part number. Like I said, I didn't even realize how they yellowed, but after replacing it I remembered they did look that white the first year. So buying extra wouldn't have helped as they would be just as white.

mr2mike
01-14-2021, 04:27 PM
Rub a highlighter on the lens of the new bulb.

(probably a Red Green fix)

schocker
01-16-2021, 11:14 PM
When COVID is over, I'll come over and turn off all your power switches.

I had been fighting with my hue motion sensor this past week. Kept detecting motion but no lights, app was showing they were on, though it was sensitivity so kept fiddling with it. Light switch was off :rofl:

ExtraSlow
01-21-2021, 07:35 AM
Current thoughts on BR30 / PAR long neck style bulbs in a "soft white" color? Philips "65w equivalent" seems to be $6-8 each. Going to be a long time before I replace my ~40ish pot lights if that's the price. That being said, long life and reliability would be nice, even if it's a little more money, because changing bulbs is for suckers. Are those "amazon basics" bulbs any good?

ThePenIsMightier
01-21-2021, 09:17 AM
Current thoughts on BR30 / PAR long neck style bulbs in a "soft white" color? Philips "65w equivalent" seems to be $6-8 each. Going to be a long time before I replace my ~40ish pot lights if that's the price. That being said, long life and reliability would be nice, even if it's a little more money, because changing bulbs is for suckers. Are those "amazon basics" bulbs any good?

I bought those Phillips pot lights and have no complaints. I have 5000K for the two outside garage ones and 3000K for everywhere else. But I'm letting the old ones burn out first.
Kurt Cobain taught me that it's better to burn out than fade away.

killramos
01-21-2021, 09:26 AM

Wait until HD puts them on sale. Buy out HD and get incredibly dirty looks from the people who work there about “how many pot lights could you possibly have”.

I think the time I did that is a few pages back :rofl:

96integra
01-21-2021, 12:18 PM

I just purchased the Luminus BR30 from Costco and Philips and Ecosmart ones from HD. All three looked the same in soft white so I kept the Costco ones since they're cheaper plus Costco warranty. I'll be picking up the PAR30 5000K ones from Costco for outdoor.

heavyD
01-28-2021, 09:34 AM
Ecosmart bulbs are the only LED bulbs that I have had fail on me.

colsankey
01-28-2021, 12:15 PM
Dipped into the Philips Hue world for some new lighting and scored a bridge deal as well.

I was able to sync the phone to my light strip plus, and setup the bridge on the main floor, and transferred both lightstrips to the bridge. Now im trying to add the 2 A19 white bulbs upstairs and cant get either to be picked up.

Setup: Bridge main floor, Lighstip plus downstairs, lightstrip plus upstairs (~5m from bridge) and A19s upstairs in the ceiling, ~2 m from lightstrip hue controller.

Ive got my phone 2 feet from the A19 lights and can not get them to sync for the life of me. Tried several power cycles, tried restarting the app and my phone.

I assumed with zigbee the lightstrips, with a good connection to the bridge, would be a link for the A19s. do the bulbs have to be in range of the bridge? gonna be a pain if I have to bring a desk lamp to site beside my hub just to connect the bulbs.

Tik-Tok
01-28-2021, 12:30 PM
If you're using the bridge, holding your phone closer to the bulbs doesn't help, only if you are using Bluetooth. That said, there's no reason they shouldn't be connecting, unless the bulbs you bought aren't the newer Bluetooth type.

Are you using the Hue Bluetooth app or the normal Hue app?

colsankey
01-28-2021, 01:11 PM
ive got the hue bluetooth app installed, all the lightstrings are v4 with bluetooth, I should double check the A19s, but they came with the v2 hub, so they should be bluetooth as well.

Tik-Tok
01-28-2021, 01:16 PM
If you have the hub, use the normal Hue app and see what happens.

Edit: v2 bridge doesn't mean Bluetooth, it came out 5 years ago, and the Bluetooth bulbs were only released last year.

You either use 100% Bluetooth bulbs with the Hue Bluetooth App, or a mix with a bridge and the Hue App. You can't run both on one app.

colsankey
01-28-2021, 02:58 PM
Thanks, I'll take another shot tonight, it looks like the A19s are not bluetooth after all, but the lightstrings were (and the first I tried to sync) so will try the other app.

This worked, A19s weren't bluetooth after all, and my hub didn't seem to be connecting cleanly to anything so a factor reset and importing it into the Hue app (non BT) let me link everything.

heavyD
02-01-2021, 03:05 PM
If you have the hub, use the normal Hue app and see what happens.

Edit: v2 bridge doesn't mean Bluetooth, it came out 5 years ago, and the Bluetooth bulbs were only released last year.

You either use 100% Bluetooth bulbs with the Hue Bluetooth App, or a mix with a bridge and the Hue App. You can't run both on one app.

I'm pretty sure the new Hue bulbs support both bluetooth and Zigbee. Bluetooth is for people that don't have a Hue Bridge but people with a Hue Bridge are better served by using Zigbee.

Tik-Tok
02-01-2021, 03:10 PM
The newest bulbs do, but if there's lot of older non-BT stock out there. If you have two BT bulbs, and two non-BT bulbs, you need to use the bridge and regular app, or else you get exactly what he had going on.

heavyD
02-01-2021, 03:39 PM
The newest bulbs do, but if there's lot of older non-BT stock out there. If you have two BT bulbs, and two non-BT bulbs, you need to use the bridge and regular app, or else you get exactly what he had going on.

I think we are saying the same thing. You can mix and match new and old Hue bulbs but it has to be via hue bridge and the bridge app.

ExtraSlow
02-12-2021, 01:07 PM
Is there a common light temperature BETWEEN daylight (5000k) and warm white (2700k)?
Like in the 3500 to 4000 range? Is that a thing?

ExtraSlow
02-12-2021, 01:19 PM
Edit, obviously you can buy bulbs with different color temps. Amazon sells em. Just mean a common "standard" in between color temp where bulbs from different manufacturers might mostly match.

Tik-Tok
02-12-2021, 01:27 PM
Manufacturers never seem to get a world standard going. I've seen 3300k advertised as warm, and daylights at 3500k.

ExtraSlow
02-12-2021, 01:29 PM
I guess maybe a smarter question is, are the color temperature on the box pretty accurate? At least from genuine brands like LG, GE, Philips, Sylvania, Cree etc?

realazy
02-12-2021, 02:21 PM
Common term for 3000k is bright white, other than that, I haven't seen and other terms used between that and daylight which is usually 5000k.

Tik-Tok
02-12-2021, 02:32 PM
I guess maybe a smarter question is, are the color temperature on the box pretty accurate? At least from genuine brands like LG, GE, Philips, Sylvania, Cree etc?

If you only install Phillips Hue, it won't be an issue. Just don't let Rage know where you live, so he can't hack them.

ExtraSlow
02-18-2021, 08:26 PM
Picked up a case of 16 amazon basics par30 warm white dimmable and they seem very good. Got a deal on an open box package through the warehouse deals section. Need maybe 4 more, but if I see a deal on the box of 16 I'll grab that.

ExtraSlow
02-22-2021, 03:34 PM
My stairs have a fixture that's so hard to access. Bought these bulbs because the amazon listing said 25,000 hour rating and I don't want to go back. Box says 15,000 hours, which is dissapointing, but still hoping it's a few years before I have to set up this shit.

SJW
02-22-2021, 03:40 PM
My stairs have a fixture that's so hard to access. Bought these bulbs because the amazon listing said 25,000 hour rating and I don't want to go back. Box says 15,000 hours, which is dissapointing, but still hoping it's a few years before I have to set up this shit.

How's the long term diasability or life insurance policy?

killramos
02-22-2021, 03:41 PM
If you are working from home does that count as a workplace incident?

ExtraSlow
02-22-2021, 03:50 PM
My written hazard assessment was approved by management.

SJW
02-22-2021, 04:05 PM
My written hazard assessment was approved by management.

So you have a big life insurance policy. Got it.

ThePenIsMightier
02-22-2021, 04:15 PM
So you have a big life insurance policy. Got it.

Shoot, shovel, & shut up.

Tik-Tok
04-20-2021, 10:01 AM
Just had a fire in my kitchen thanks to a brand new FEIT G4 led bulb in my hood fan. Installed it two days ago, and probably had only been on for 4 hours total.

Glad it was in a fairly non-flammable area and not in a reading lamp like the package advertised.

littledan
04-20-2021, 11:44 AM
Definitely let your insurer know asap if you have any sort of smoke damage and don't throw out any of the materials. Fire investigator will want to see the scene as intact as possible and i'm sure the insurer will want to recover from the manufacturer.

With LEDs, the actual "light" doesn't produce much heat but the driver circuits can really heat up and fail. Or it could be a poor connection at the pin base that heats up and fails.

dirtsniffer
04-20-2021, 11:57 AM
Just had a fire in my kitchen thanks to a brand new FEIT G4 led bulb in my hood fan. Installed it two days ago, and probably had only been on for 4 hours total.

Glad it was in a fairly non-flammable area and not in a reading lamp like the package advertised.

I just changed the lights in my hood fan to led yesterday. Last lights in the house to be changed.

Hope you didn't have much damage.

Tik-Tok
04-20-2021, 12:04 PM
I'm not home to see it yet, just reporting what Mrs.Tok told me. Either the circuit breaker did its job, or the controls to the entire hood are fried because nothing is coming on apparently. I don't think there's smoke damage, she would have mentioned that.

mr2mike
04-20-2021, 03:47 PM
Geez that sucks! Lucky it was contained.

Tik-Tok
04-20-2021, 05:31 PM
Well the term "fire" was greatly exaggerated. The bulb shorted out and smoked a bit and it stinks like hell in here, but no real fire. The circuit breaker popped, but too late to save the lighting controls, because neither of them are working now, even with halogen bulbs back in.

Last time I trust a FEIT bulb.

ThePenIsMightier
04-20-2021, 05:53 PM

Last time I trust a FEIT bulb.

#MeToo
I just threw out an A19 of these yesterday. It was at least an entire year old. Fucking useless shit.

suntan
04-21-2021, 11:15 AM
Anybody notice that Cree seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth?

Tik-Tok
04-21-2021, 11:21 AM
They sold off their LED division last year.

rage2
06-24-2021, 01:38 PM
One of my PAR20's went in the kitchen, so had to buy a replacement. Found a pricing error over at Home Depot on the Philips PAR20 dimmable 3 packs.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/philips-50w-equivalent-bright-white-glass-par20-led-light-bulb-energy-star-6-pack-/1001063981

$8 for 1, $8 for 3, or $32 for 6.

Tons of stock on the 3 packs across the city if you need some dimmable PAR20's. Both the old style 7W and the new style 5.5W (same brightness) at the same price for 3 packs. It's marked and scanned at the wrong price (regularly $19).

nismodrifter
06-24-2021, 01:53 PM
^Thanks for the heads up. I am in need of some.

mr2mike
01-13-2022, 08:34 AM
Complaining here but I think the wool has been pulled over our eyes. The number of led bulbs that have malfunctioned, gone dim, quit working is obscene.
Compared to the old incandescent bulbs which I've probably changed 5 in my entire life.
LED's I've changed maybe 20 in a far less time frame.
The plastic used for the bulbs vs the old glass and metal is also a waste.
It's no wax and wick like speedog grew up with but things seem to be going to a more wasteful environment.

ExtraSlow
01-13-2022, 08:35 AM
Agree. Durability claims are outright lies.

ThePenIsMightier
01-13-2022, 08:50 AM
There must be a class action suit we could jump on by now. It's 0.05-0.1 the quoted longevity.

suntan
01-13-2022, 09:27 AM
For the most part, my Philips have held up really well. All my Crees died way too early.

Philips did have some glass led bulbs that looked exactly like old incandescents, but they did not last long. Luckily they were very cheap.

schurchill39
01-13-2022, 09:54 AM
I only replaced one out of maybe 50 bulbs in my last house in the 7 years I had them in there and those were all cheap Nova lights from crappy tire. I just put Philips bulbs at $5 a pop in this house and really hope I don't have to replace any of them. I seem to be getting decent longevity out of them :dunno:

rage2
01-13-2022, 10:18 AM
Don’t buy the cheap shit. Philips are the only ones that are rock solid for me. Only 1 failure. My feits are all toast.

suntan
01-13-2022, 03:33 PM
According to the rheeers on RFD Noma sources from whomever, so they're hit or miss.

ExtraSlow
01-13-2022, 03:36 PM
Noma is teh Canadian tire house brand, so they will be the cheapest chinese shit.

cdnsir
01-13-2022, 04:50 PM
Swapped to use all LEDs through the Alberta Energy Efficiencies program back in 2017. The lights in the less used rooms are holding up. However the most used ones had all started flickering about a year ago.

Loosening and tightening usually fixes them for a bit, then it flickers/dims/goes off again. They don't really burn out like the old bulbs, but they definitely have a lifecycle that is less than advertised.

BerserkerCatSplat
01-13-2022, 05:14 PM
Swapped to use all LEDs through the Alberta Energy Efficiencies program back in 2017. The lights in the less used rooms are holding up. However the most used ones had all started flickering about a year ago.

Loosening and tightening usually fixes them for a bit, then it flickers/dims/goes off again. They don't really burn out like the old bulbs, but they definitely have a lifecycle that is less than advertised.

Yeah we've had the same issues with ours. Eventually they get super flickery.

ZenOps
01-13-2022, 06:27 PM
Had some Globe fail on me early, cracked right in half. Philips all still working.

nismodrifter
01-23-2022, 07:20 PM
I need help.

We recently bought some lamps for bedside. They suggest a 4watt e26 based a19 bulb. I can find 6w. I can find 5.5. I can find every other wattage except 4. What do?

killramos
01-23-2022, 07:23 PM
Nvm

littledan
01-23-2022, 07:35 PM
agreed on the philips. all my ecosmart have held up OK but defintely nowhere close to rated lifespan. switching to philips from now on for any replacements.

Tik-Tok
01-23-2022, 07:54 PM
I need help.

We recently bought some lamps for bedside. They suggest a 4watt e26 based a19 bulb. I can find 6w. I can find 5.5. I can find every other wattage except 4. What do?

What do the lamps look like? Wattage ratings are typically set for fire hazard reasons. It would be surprising if they actually had a max rating of 4w

bookem
01-23-2022, 09:23 PM
I need help.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/ryet-led-bulb-e26-450-lumen-globe-opal-white-40438706/

mr2mike
01-23-2022, 10:51 PM
I need help.

Get better at Google? Kidding.

Ikea is cheaper but there's the baller version here:
https://www.structube.com/en_ca/4w-a19-e26-frosted-led-lightbulb-45-97-68?pid=29167

nismodrifter
01-23-2022, 10:56 PM
Get better at Google? Kidding.

Ikea is cheaper but there's the baller version here:
https://www.structube.com/en_ca/4w-a19-e26-frosted-led-lightbulb-45-97-68?pid=29167

Structube is where I got the lamp from. They are out of stock.

Ikea will do. Not sure why that didn't come up in my search. Thanks.

benyl
01-24-2022, 01:06 PM
WWBD for the garage? 8000 lumens per bulb or 4000 lumens per fixture.

https://richmedia.ca-richimage.com/ImageDelivery/imageService?profileId=12026539&id=2643788&recipeId=500

https://www.costco.ca/luminus-multipurpose-light-led-80w%2c-4000k.product.100767580.html

or

https://richmedia.ca-richimage.com/ImageDelivery/imageService?profileId=12026539&id=2652759&recipeId=500
https://richmedia.ca-richimage.com/ImageDelivery/imageService?profileId=12026539&id=2652761&recipeId=496

https://www.costco.ca/artika-sunray-ultra-thin-led-panel-with-tunable-white-technology.product.100761543.html

killramos
01-24-2022, 01:09 PM
The square fixture without a shadow of a doubt.

ThePenIsMightier
01-24-2022, 01:10 PM
The square fixture without a shadow of a doubt.

x2

ExtraSlow
01-24-2022, 01:16 PM
For an older garage that looks like shit like mine, the screw-in style is a good fast option. For any nice garage or a new build, the flat kind for sure.

benyl
01-24-2022, 01:27 PM
ok. Looks like I have to source better ones. The costco reviews are pretty bad. but then again, the return policy is worth it.

killramos
01-24-2022, 01:32 PM
For an older garage that looks like shit like mine, the screw-in style is a good fast option. For any nice garage or a new build, the flat kind for sure.

Yup. I have the stupid screw in kind in mine, but that is only because I was given them for free.

Not a replacement for a quality fixture if doing a build.

Benyl make sure whatever you get doesn’t interfere with garage door opener signal. My screw in LED one, if the light is on, I can’t open the door with my home link. Very annoying.

Darell_n
01-24-2022, 01:47 PM
I would highly recommend putting up 4ft or 8ft simple double row led strips from Home Depot. They are double the light output for less money than all those decorative or screw in bulbs. Having all the light concentrated from only a few places, sucks to work under.

Also Lumen ratings are all lies, buy the highest wattage you can afford.

benyl
01-24-2022, 01:58 PM
I would highly recommend putting up 4ft or 8ft simple double row led strips from Home Depot. They are double the light output for less money than all those decorative or screw in bulbs. Having all the light concentrated from only a few places, sucks to work under.

Also Lumen ratings are all lies, buy the highest wattage you can afford.

Are you talking about LED tape lights?

Darell_n
01-24-2022, 02:47 PM
Are you talking about LED tape lights?

littledan
01-24-2022, 03:02 PM
I found these ones really good for the price. I put 4x in my 19x22 detached and it is bright as shit in there. If I was regularly working in there on detail stuff I would add another 2 or 4 fixtures.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/4-ft-6000-lumen-led-linkable-shop-light/product/PA0008956351

navdeep
01-24-2022, 03:13 PM
i have 3 sets of these in my garage

holden
01-24-2022, 03:20 PM
What color temp do you all use for WFH office? I use 2700k for most room but it's too warm for productivity. I have 5000k in the closet/laundry/utility room, but for reading it's too harsh. I'm thinking 3500k-4000k, but I can't find Phillips in that range so will have to order something off Amazon like Sylvania.

Tik-Tok
01-24-2022, 03:23 PM
What color temp do you all use for WFH office? 2700k is too warm and 5000k is too harsh. I'm thinking 3500k-4000k, but I can't find Phillips in that range so will have to order something off Amazon like Sylvania.

Philips Hue. Pick your temp, change it whenever you want. This has saved a few arguments with my wife over bulb colour.

cyra1ax
01-24-2022, 05:24 PM
I found these ones really good for the price. I put 4x in my 19x22 detached and it is bright as shit in there. If I was regularly working in there on detail stuff I would add another 2 or 4 fixtures.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/4-ft-6000-lumen-led-linkable-shop-light/product/PA0008956351

+1 for these, I went with these at the recommendation of my garage builder. I have 4 in my 24x24 and have plenty of light, daisy chain is nice if I ever want to add a couple of lights right on top of my work bench.

benyl
01-24-2022, 07:04 PM

The reviews aren’t stellar.