PDA

View Full Version : 335xi or 335i? Suggestions please?

tictactoe2004
07-20-2007, 11:46 PM
Looking at a 335 sedan, debating about the awd. I've been doing some research on some of the bimmer forums but just wanted to get some of your opinions on the subject.

What do you guys think about bmw's awd system? I've read mixed reviews and unsure on this.

From what i've read you cannot get the same sport suspension on the xi as on the i series and the top speed is electronicly limited to 130mph instead of 155mph, thoughts on this? I don't think the top speed will be an issue, more concerned with the suspension.

What kind of deals are dealers in town giving on these? im looking at a lease and ordering one with the options I want, not taking one off the lot.

I'm planning on keeping it stock for a while and maybe doing some mods in a couple years, it will see the odd day on the track.. it will be my daily driver all year round so the awd would be nice in the winter but i dunno about summer or 1/4 mile times.

Thanks

benyl
07-21-2007, 12:56 AM
two words.

Ride height.

Also, with good winter tires, you don't need AWD with a BMW.

SilverGS
07-21-2007, 02:51 AM
I have had a few friends that have owned an xi and its a great car but they all seem to agree that you don't really need the awd on the bmw.

I agree with benyl. Slap on some winters for the cold months and you would be good to go.

bobby_lu
07-21-2007, 12:23 PM
xi ride height FTL.

Justing
07-21-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by benyl
two words.

Ride height.

Also, with good winter tires, you don't need AWD with a BMW.

that pretty much sums it up.
no need for an xi... and save yourself a couple thousand at the same time

A2VR6
07-21-2007, 07:30 PM
aside from the ride height... the xi gets headlamp washers while the 335i doesnt... thats about the only two differences aside from the AWD system itself. There should be some room to move on the sedans price wise especially if they're in stock.

Weapon_R
07-21-2007, 07:32 PM
You won't need AWD here at all. The added weight and price should be enough to turn you off. Even my old E36 had a pretty good stability feature that made it hard to spin out even if I tried. The E46 DSC was even better, and i'm only assuming that the E90/E92 has a more improved system.

tictactoe2004
07-22-2007, 12:47 PM
Hmm ok good to know and thanks for the help so far guys.. I test drove the 335ix on saturday and was pretty impressed.. im gonna go back and drive the 335i this week. Man I can't wait..